Whittaker To Bursaspor

Very annoyed Whittaker has turned down this contract.

I don't disagree his versatility is vital but he's not worth any more than 15k per week at a push.

He's a better player than Broadfoot, both going forward and defensively it's nonsense to suggest otherwise.

On the SSN interview Mr Whyte said whittaker will be a Rangers player next season ?

Aye, because he's running down the last year of his contract so he can leave on a free after that mate.

Personally if we could afford it, get a couple of replacements in and drop both Bougherra and Whittaker down to the reserves. They can spend the season as backups. I personally wouldn't play someone who doesn't want to be at the club. As for Whittaker he should stop listening to his agent who seems to think he's one of the top 4 players at the club. He's barely one of the top 4 defenders at the club.

I hope we don't offer him more money.

If we go over £20,000 for him then that will mean Davis, McGregor, Jelavic will want more money.

We won't go over that, he is lucky he even got offered that (if true).

I would have no problem offering those 3 more though, they are our top players.

Personally if we could afford it, get a couple of replacements in and drop both Bougherra and Whittaker down to the reserves. They can spend the season as backups. I personally wouldn't play someone who doesn't want to be at the club. As for Whittaker he should stop listening to his agent who seems to think he's one of the top 4 players at the club. He's barely one of the top 4 defenders at the club.

Why on earth would we drop Bougherra to the reserves? He's the best defender in the league and one of the best paid players in our squad. Talking about cutting off your nose

Why on earth would we drop Bougherra to the reserves? He's the best defender in the league and one of the best paid players in our squad. Talking about cutting off your nose

Players who don't want to be there usually don't perform well and have an overall detriment on the side. If we can get Carlos back along with another couple of younger centre backs then I wouldn't have any issue with punting them both to the reserves.

does anybody actually know what we have offered him ?

if its true that he was on a wage of around 7 grand a week i seriously doubt we would make 20 grand a week our first improved offer . lets just wait and see how this pans out before we all jump on the bashing whittaker wagon .

has nobody learned from the bougherra episode a few weeks ago .

Players who don't want to be there usually don't perform well and have an overall detriment on the side. If we can get Carlos back along with another couple of younger centre backs then I wouldn't have any issue with punting them both to the reserves.

He's never said he doesn't want to be here. Just doesn't want to sign a new contract.

I still think we should sell him at the right price, but never should we punt him into the reserves.

I have always admired Boogy's honesty in that he loves the club but wants to play in a better league,what angers me is that Whittaker wrote in The Sun when we won the league that he wanted to stay for the rest of his career and here we are the two faced shit turning down an offer way above his ability.I hope he goes because we can defo do better with 20k a week

So do you think Boogie will give is all or give a shit about Rangers going into his last year at Ibrox. What if he gets seriously injured? who is going to take him and he will be without a club.

Wouldnt put it past him to fake a injury most of the season.

So do you think Boogie will give is all or give a shit about Rangers going into his last year at Ibrox. What if he gets seriously injured? who is going to take him and he will be without a club.

Wouldnt put it past him to fake a injury most of the season.

We hear this every year about how there's always a reason why Bougherra won't try an inch. If he wants a big move, he'll need to play well for us

Spot on. Why would boogie give his all and risk a serious injury. then no cunt would want him. Its all about the money for boogie. He will join a club with a massive signing on fee.