Whittaker To Bursaspor

We hear this every year about how there's always a reason why Bougherra won't try an inch. If he wants a big move, he'll need to play well for us

Yea i know what you're saying. If he gets a serious injury then he is fucked. No club no wages. I like boogie and want him to stay, Unfortunately boogie thinks he's world class and likes Money more than Rangers.

Nah I just try not to overrate our players like you do with Davis. Comparing him with midfielders at Stoke, West Ham etc who started about 10 games last season in England.

There is no denying that a section of our fans think he would be a star in the EPL and others overrate his passing and ability to control games. Even read some saying he could be good enough for Arsenal.

He is a decent player at this level but nowhere near as talented as many think.

Absolutely spot on (tu)

This is a player that only a few week ago told rangers to deal him in. Himself and his agent are trying their luck to see how far whyte will go to keep him. He will sign a new deal IMO. An agent wouldn't be doing his job right if he doesn't get as much money for his player as possible (tu)

This is a player that only a few week ago told rangers to deal him in. Himself and his agent are trying their luck to see how far whyte will go to keep him. He will sign a new deal IMO. An agent wouldn't be doing his job right if he doesn't get as much money for his player as possible (tu)

If that's the case then we should take back the 20k offer and come back with a new offer of 14k just for being a dick.

lets be honest, the guy is reasonably good but its the old case of an agent working a ticket. If Rangers have offered 20 grand a week I would be very, very surprised. Infact anyone offering that sort of money for a half decent right back that has a problem defending has too much money which we dont.

There is something wrong with players aiming to just see out their contracts. It's like they are opting out of a necessary part of the industry. It's a move that we don't seem to have prepared for.

Having no contract even a few years ago would have been worrying for most players, but they are getting wise to the fact that they stand to earn more if no transfer fee is involved.

Something has to give and I think Rangers need to be very clever and determined in handling this current crop. Even a strong-arm policy of threatening to not select players who run out their contract might be in order if the conditions are right.

There is something wrong with players aiming to just see out their contracts. It's like they are opting out of a necessary part of the industry. It's a move that we don't seem to have prepared for.

Having no contract even a few years ago would have been worrying for most players, but they are getting wise to the fact that they stand to earn more if no transfer fee is involved.

Something has to give and I think Rangers need to be very clever and determined in handling this current crop. Even a strong-arm policy of threatening to not select players who run out their contract might be in order if the conditions are right.

I agree with your last comment. This would be very effective if we were in a position to enforce such a move

Slightly related to this conversation: Bursaspor are on te verge of signing Scott Carson according to BBC and their website. They love their British players!

Well there president did say there are agreements in place for certain players and Carson is one of them. I have a feeling its only a matter of time until whittaker leaves. I reckon between 1.5 and 2mill would be decent if he doesn' t want to stay.

I bet you'd have no problem with Cuellar doing it to Aston Villa though.

It's not the same because it's not like Cuellar has been playing hardball with Villa, he's not even a regular in the team so they'd probably be reasonably content to let him go on a Bosman

We allow key first team players to enter the final 12 months time and time again

It's not the same because it's not like Cuellar has been playing hardball with Villa, he's not even a regular in the team so they'd probably be reasonably content to let him go on a Bosman

We allow key first team players to enter the final 12 months time and time again

That's not the point, whether he is a regular or not, he's still an employee of the playing staff.

In theory, would you support Cuellar doing it if it meant Rangers got him for fuck all?

where the fuck you benn the last 3 years. we had no money to be handing out contracts