Sign in to follow this  

Whittaker To Bursaspor

Before all of this broke, out of our current crop of players Whittaker was one of the players who I thought would have been happy to stay with us for the rest of his career provided he was playing and was receiving a competitive contract. Don't get me wrong I'll be quite happy to keep him, but I wouldn't have gone to these lengths to do so

is this the tird time we have tried to get him to sign a new deal?

I've never heard of Rangers ever going back 3 times, to get a player signed up.

There just making this fucking idiot whittaker look important.

Is it not the fifth?

Steven Whittaker has been offered a new five-year deal to stay at Rangers.

The defender, who has one year left to run on his present deal, has been subject to interest from Turkish club Bursaspor but has seen a number of bids rejected by his current employers.

Whittaker’s agent, Ken Anderson, had previously stated his client’s desire to see out the final year of his contract and leave on a free transfer if transfer offers were rejected, following the 27-year-old’s refusal of a ‘final offer’ from the Ibrox side.

Rangers though have now returned to the table with an improved deal and Whittaker could now be convinced to commit his future to Ally McCoist’s team.

“There has now been a five-year contract tabled,” Anderson told the Daily Express.

“It is better than what has been previously offered in that it is long-term and we are back talking. It is good that Rangers have come back to us with a good proposal.

“I believe Andrew Dickson is on holiday in Italy at the moment and it maybe says something that he rang.”

The new developments represent a change in stance from both camps, with Rangers said to have made a last offer to Whittaker a week ago and the player unhappy with the club’s refusal to take a transfer fee to sell immediately.

“I would never say never, but the email from Rangers said it was their best and final offer and we have declined that,” said Anderson.

“It was a very good offer, but we think at this stage that he is worth more.”

On the same day, Anderson told the BBC that Whittaker would walk away on a free if Rangers didn't accept Bursaspor's offer.

“He'll see out the final year of his contract and we'll talk to other teams in January if Rangers keep rejecting offers.

“It's up to Rangers if they want to miss out on a transfer fee.”

from stvwebiste

The time and effort the club have spent wasted on this mediocre footballer is outrageous.

The club can't move until they know what our current players are planning, so he's damaging our chances of signing new players as well.

Ken Anderson might be a prick, but i cannot argue that obviously he is really good at his job...

Getting his client a move to a club in Turkey with no history? I could do that

thebooler likes this

Ken Anderson might be a prick, but i cannot argue that obviously he is really good at his job...

I wouldn't go as far as to say that.................................yet.

Whittaker could end up at a "not-so-famous" Turkish club, or he could end up stuck with the Rangers on the same salary as he was on last season.

IF he doesn't end up sitting on the bench, or playing and training with the reserves.

In my opinion, a good agent is one who knows his players capabilities and limits, and gets him the best deal in accordance with this criteria.

Anderson is clearly getting Whittaker's capabilities mixed up with his ambitions here.

It could all go sour on both him and Whittaker, if the Rangers tackle the situation in the correct manner.

Please please please Ally bin Whittaker right now and go out and find a right back that can do more than score penalties

We have one in Broadfoot mate, and Cole could also do a job there.

I think Ally's desperation to keep Whittaker may be down to the fact we're not guaranteed to have 2 centre backs when the season kicks off (Bouggy/Weir), and a left back who is reaching the end of the road in Papac.

I'm sure if we had 2 really good CB's and a right good LB, and a wee bit of cover in these positions, Ally would have told Whittaker where tae get aff before noo.