Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

Just spoke with Rob at the Press Office at Blackburn and there's nothing new to report.

As expected he wouldn't give anything away but I kept pushing and pushing and he eventually told me that NO statement was imminent.

He wouldn't confirm or deny if Goodwillie was still at the stadium or if he'd passed the second phase of his medical.

He told me that if there is any breaking news it would appear on the clubs website before any of the hacks get hold of it.

So not much an update but I keep asking myself IF he has agreed terms as reported and IF he has passed the medical..... WHY hasn't he signed for them yet?

Anyone else heard anything new?

Thats mental blouie, you've contacted the Blackburn Press Office about Goodwillie

You pestered Tim Matavz Maw on facebook.

Whats next phone tapping Wesley Verhoek and Roland Juhasz mobile.

Brilliant :praise:

Hes confirmed on facebook that his medical is done on a status he is claimin to be getting pist off with people telling him what to do

Wonder if he means the masses of bears telling him to come to us or they pair of muppets over at tannadump :pipe:

goodie isn't necessarily what we need right now. he still has as many bad games as good. but hes going to be a star and as such we should have signed him. now we have the chance to get the finished article instead.

I would like to think with a bit of looking about we could bring in some quality with the money we were planning on paying upfront for DG. As much as I wanted to see him here the price tag was taking the piss a bit.

goodie isn't necessarily what we need right now. he still has as many bad games as good. but hes going to be a star and as such we should have signed him. now we have the chance to get the finished article instead.

(tu)

Nothing less than our current no1 striker deserves imo.

Cant rely on him alone for 10 months, Its not fair.

WILL UNITED PLAY SAME HARDBALL WHEN CELTIC BID FOR A PLAYER?

RANGERS have at last started to shine some light on their negotiations with Dundee United over David Goodwillie.

And the end result looks like leading to bad blood between the two clubs.

In fact, relations between Ibrox and Tannadice could become ever worse than they were when the late Eddie Thompson was the United chairman who had such a close relationship with Celtic.

Now it appears his son, Stephen, is willing to go to any lengths to ensure Rangers are frozen out.

Of course there are often claims and counter claims during transfer talks, many of which are best taken with a pinch of salt.

This time, though, another factor entered the equation, one which had nothing to do with any complex financial deal, but which seemed designed to poison the well, as far as Rangers attempts to land Goodwillie were concerned.United manager, Peter Houston, who would not be party to the details of bids from Rangers and Blackburn Rovers, weighed in with his outrageous claim that Goodwillie ran the risk of being stabbed if he moved to Glasgow.

I trust Houston will make the same claim the next time there is the chance of any other United player leaving Tannadice to join Celtic. After all, Celtic play in Glasgow too.

And that, despite the hatred of all the things which made Glasgow and Scotland great which infects so many Parkhead fans.

Rangers’ ire with United is based on the fact the offer they made for Goodwillie not only matched Blackburn’s, but in one important respect, was actually better.

Rangers were willing to offer more up front than Blackburn, according to those in the know inside Ibrox.

After that, the deal becomes complicated, with add-ons relating to appearances, linked to a time scale.

However, given that fate can often intervene after a player moves, in the form of injuries, and that there is always a doubt if a player can make the step up from a minor provincial SPL side to the much more demanding English Premiership, the Rangers’ offer, on the face of it, appears to be the better one.

Thompson is of course fudging things, and claiming Blackburn Rovers will pay more for Goodwillie than Rangers offered…in the end.

That is, providing everything goes well for the player, in that he avoids injury, hits form and become a regular first team player.

Perhaps it would have been better all round if the United chairman had come out right at the start of the declared Rangers interest, and said that the only way he would allow Goodwillie to go to Ibrox would be if Rangers made an offer he could not refuse.

Thompson would also have been better off, and Dundee United’s credibility, not mention the club's dignity and honour, better served, if he had muzzled manager Houston.

It remains to be seen whether the bird in the hand, on offer from Ibrox, will prove to be better than the two in the bush, promised by Blackburn.

What is certain is that relations between United and Rangers will now be at a new low.