DJW

***Official European football thread***

There is only a very small part of Roma fans who are left-winged, the vast majority are right to far-right winged at the moment.

About that banner:

When Roma played Ajax in the Champions League in the Roma fans unfurled a banner saying 'Got mit uns' (should be Gott, but whatever).

They also showed a banner saying “Lazio-Livorno, stessa iniziale, stesso forno” (“Lazio-Livorno, same initial, same oven”).

Inter to bid for Robben

Inter will make a summer bid for Bayern Munich’s Arjen Robben, according to the Corriere dello Sport.

The Rome-based newspaper makes the claim on its front page today, suggesting that he would cost around €24m.

The publication adds that the Dutch international wants to leave the German giants after an alleged argument with Franck Ribery.

As a result, Inter are ready to make a bid – even if they will attempt to lower the asking price by offering Goran Pandev as part of the deal.

Pandev, who scored against Bayern in the Champions League this season, may be set for an exit as the Nerazzurri assess their attacking options for next season.

Robben, formerly of Chelsea and Real Madrid, has also been linked with Juventus and Milan in the past.

He’s been with his present club since 2009 and is contracted with the Bundesliga outfit until June 2013.

Pandev is awful. If Inter get away with this.....

Imagine they got Robben :drool:

Think that he is now on the radar after having a bust up, there will be teams jumping on board and putting in a bid now.

Also found something recently that want your opinion own djw.

Tottenham winger Niko Kranjar will interest Lazio, Roma and Juventus in the summer that is according to Kranjar’s agent. The Croat was a regular in the Tottenham starting eleven last season – but this season has found his opportunities more limited largely due to the emergence of Gareth Bale and Steven Pienaar. This season the 26 year old has only started 10 Premier League games. The winger has two years left on his contract and expressed his concern about a lack of first team football and is becoming disheartened by the lack of first-team football this season.

Kranjar turned down a move to German side Werder Bremen in January. However, he may be more interested in a move to one of these Italian giants – especially if Spurs can not give the player assurances about his future.

Kranjar’s agent Adrian Aliaj says “Niko is not happy with the situation at Tottenham at the moment. He wants to play. It is a shame that a man of Niko’s quality is on the bench. He is loyal to the club and he has a contract but it’s difficult for him. Some clubs are interested in Italy are interested in him. Lazio, Roma, Juventus – they are all interested, as well as some teams in Spain and Germany.”

While I think Kranjcar would adapt to Serie A life pretty well, I think Monty would only make a move for him if Menez were to leave. I think Menez has it in him to be a top drawer player- he's one of the most elegant dribblers you'll see. With DDR and Perrotta suspended for the last three games (what a joke by the way), I reckon we'll see a midfield three of Simplicio, Pizarro and Menez. If he does well there, then I reckon he'd stay.

Inter also linked to Cesena's Parolo and Samp's Poli. The former never played in Serie A until this season, and is now in the Italian national team, while the latter is a regular for the under 21s and reminds me a bit of Andrea Pirlo.

More Italianisation from Inter?

While I think Kranjcar would adapt to Serie A life pretty well, I think Monty would only make a move for him if Menez were to leave. I think Menez has it in him to be a top drawer player- he's one of the most elegant dribblers you'll see. With DDR and Perrotta suspended for the last three games (what a joke by the way), I reckon we'll see a midfield three of Simplicio, Pizarro and Menez. If he does well there, then I reckon he'd stay.

Think he'd make a viable choice for rotation but then again it's a first team spot he wants.

DDR :drool:cry%20wank.gif Love him!

And yeah the suspensions were just hilarious! A wee sly punch, and a elbow :lol:

Is Mexes still at Roma mate?

Think he'd make a viable choice for rotation but then again it's a first team spot he wants.

DDR :drool:cry%20wank.gif Love him!

And yeah the suspensions were just hilarious! A wee sly punch, and a elbow :lol:

Is Mexes still at Roma mate?

The way Masiello reacted was way over the top- that's what caused the referee to act. Perrotta shouldn't have been stupid enough to hit him in the back in the first place, but Masiello walked three steps, then went down like a bag of potatoes. In any case, Ibra punched a guy in the ribs and got his 3 game ban cut down to 2, so I'm guessing the same will happen here.

Mexes is still a Roma player, but he's out for the rest of the season, his contract's expiring, and he's said he's leaving. Played his last game for the Giallorossi :(

We could maybe add a list of the Italian teams that users follow to the opening post.

The way Masiello reacted was way over the top- that's what caused the referee to act. Perrotta shouldn't have been stupid enough to hit him in the back in the first place, but Masiello walked three steps, then went down like a bag of potatoes. In any case, Ibra punched a guy in the ribs and got his 3 game ban cut down to 2, so I'm guessing the same will happen here.

Mexes is still a Roma player, but he's out for the rest of the season, his contract's expiring, and he's said he's leaving. Played his last game for the Giallorossi :(

No doubt the bans will be reducded.

Who is the new owners now mate? Who is Manager?

So Siena & Atlanta up next season what you think?

Fiorentina’s Stevan Jovetic has grand plans for the future once he starts playing again. “I want to win the Golden Ball.”

The attacking midfielder hasn’t appeared so far this term after damaging knee ligaments in pre-season training.

However, as he is approaching full fitness, he’s spoken of his ambitions for the rest of his career.

“Like all players, I one day hope to win the Golden Ball – even if we’ll have to see if Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are still around,” he stated.

The Viola have missed the player’s influence this term, but the youngster doesn’t want to dwell on the past.

“It’s useless to think about what I could have done this season,” he added. “I just want to show what I can do on the pitch

“I’ve been waiting for eight months and if it was up to me then I’d play tomorrow. However, we have to carefully assess everything with the medical staff.

“If I feel in good shape then I will play in the last few games of the season, if not then we’ll wait until next term.”

Fiorentina may make some substantial changes to their squad over the summer, but they won’t let go of their most valuable player.

“I’ve read that Fiorentina will be built around me and that is pleasing,” he added. “I have a contract until 2013 and I hope to do many great things at this club.”

No doubt in my mind one day he will!

Fantastic Talent.

We could maybe add a list of the Italian teams that users follow to the opening post.

Sounds a great Idea, get Djw on the case :sherlock:

I can also edit the opening post, so get posting the team you follow.

No doubt the bans will be reducded.

Who is the new owners now mate? Who is Manager?

So Siena & Atlanta up next season what you think?

The DiBenedettos are the new owners- a family involved in New England Sports Ventures (the ones who own Liverpool). The frontman- Thomas DiBenedetto- has said that he wants the Scudetto next season, and he wants to build a new stadium. So all's goood :D

Montella's been in charge since Ranieri's departure in February. I'd give him a B. Some good results, some mediocre results. In any case, Ancelotti to Roma in the summer looks all but a done deal; I reckon Monty may be his assistant, before taking over himself in a few years.

I quite like Atalanta- good atmosphere up in Bergamo. One of the best youth academies in the country. Siena have the most picturesque stadium in Italy IMO. Will also be good to see the Tuscan derby with Fiorentina again.

I can also edit the opening post, so get posting the team you follow.

Yeah, for some reason it won't let me edit the OP :(

Yeah, for some reason it won't let me edit the OP :(

Really?

I can do it for just now, until you are able to.

Really?

I can do it for just now, until you are able to.

Yeah, for some reason I can't edit any of my posts in this section :(

And cheers (tu)

The DiBenedettos are the new owners- a family involved in New England Sports Ventures (the ones who own Liverpool). The frontman- Thomas DiBenedetto- has said that he wants the Scudetto next season, and he wants to build a new stadium. So all's goood :D

Montella's been in charge since Ranieri's departure in February. I'd give him a B. Some good results, some mediocre results. In any case, Ancelotti to Roma in the summer looks all but a done deal; I reckon Monty may be his assistant, before taking over himself in a few years.

I quite like Atalanta- good atmosphere up in Bergamo. One of the best youth academies in the country. Siena have the most picturesque stadium in Italy IMO. Will also be good to see the Tuscan derby with Fiorentina again.

Aw Roma are looking ahead then big things in their future, Ancelotti will guide them to success IMO.

Can't wait to follow the new season of Serie A :D

Follow Ac Milan, Fiorentina & Napoli.:D

......but always keep an eye on Verona :happy:

Riise does not rule out return

Former Liverpool defender John Arne Riise has refused to rule out a return to Anfield.

The Norwegian will enter the final year of his contract at Roma in June and the Italian club could listen to offers as a consequence.

Reports have suggested that Kenny Dalglish could look to sign Riise, who departed Liverpool when Rafa Benitez was manager in 2008, as a solution at left-back.

The position is a problem for the Merseysiders, with England right-back Glen Johnson currently acting as cover, and they have been linked with an audacious move for Everton's Leighton Baines.

Heart

UEFA Champions League-winner Riise, at the age of 30, seems a less likely candidate, but he said: "I am flattered by reports linking me with a return to England.

"Liverpool are close to my heart. They are a great club and I have some good memories.

"I have a contract here until June 2012, so you never know."

Marseille are also said to be tracking Riise, who played for Monaco before joining Liverpool in 2002, as a replacement for reported AC Milan target Taye Taiwo.

Riise said: "I love France as well. I played in Monaco and also enjoyed my time there."

Riise better not go. The next best player there is Antunes!

Oh yeah, I was reading today that Di Laurentiis, the Napoli president, wants to spend €30m on the midfield in the summer. Got a sneaky feeling they'll sign Montolivo. In my opinion though, their priority should be another big centre back.

Just read Napoli cheif Aurelio De Laurentiss said: '' Seven years ago I bought a piece of paper for 30million. I knew nothing about football. :lol:

Also if got £30 million to spend agree defensive first then midfield, Napoli could be a great place for Montilivo though. Plus Champions league football could tempt him.

Buffon's agent has rejected talk of a move: "I've not spoken to any Roma officials. Buffon is a Juve player and he intends to stay at Juve."

Be a great signing for Roma if this happened.

Also should I be posting snippets and stuff like this in the forum? :huh:

Be a great signing for Roma if this happened.

Also should I be posting snippets and stuff like this in the forum? :huh:

I'm torn on this one...if he were to come, if would cost quite a bit, and Buffon's been troubled by injury recently. Having said that, so has Julio Sergio, while Doni and his concrete boots would be more suited to the SPL. I'd take him for around £15-20m.