DJW

***Official European football thread***

7,275 posts in this topic

Napoli will be spending big in the summer I think.

Cavani for 15m euros or whatever the clause in his loan deal is, Matavz from Groningen is also a done deal, a talented young striker, for about 7-8m euros. Inler from Udinese is also a good bet, especially considering that he didn't celebrate his goal a couple of weeks ago.

That's a steal. IMO

The divine ponytail :praise:

It's one of football's greatest injustices that he'll be remembered by most for THAT penalty miss.

Sure is :(

He is and I think will always be the player, outside of Rangers, I loved the most, and who played the game more beautifully than anyone I have ever seen. I would swap any number of Zidanes and Messis to see Baggio play again.

Back in the day I even thought the ponytail was cool :(:lol:

Sure is :(

He is and I think will always be the player, outside of Rangers, I loved the most, and who played the game more beautifully than anyone I have ever seen. I would swap any number of Zidanes and Messis to see Baggio play again.

Back in the day I even thought the ponytail was cool :(:lol:

Owe up to it, you styled the Ponytail yourself didn't you :sherlock:

That's a steal. IMO

Yes, I do think they paid a fee for the loan as well, but still. No Napoli player has ever scored as many league goals.

Yes, I do think they paid a fee for the loan as well, but still. No Napoli player has ever scored as many league goals.

26 goals in 34 games, great return helped them a lot to Champions League football. Great Player.

Owe up to it, you styled the Ponytail yourself didn't you :sherlock:

Alas no, although I probably would have if I'd have been allowed it at school :P

Alas no, although I probably would have if I'd have been allowed it at school :P

:lol:

Post number 10,000......

:praise: :praise: :praise:

Well done Djw!!! :clap:

Some other Italian news: Pirlo agent in Juve talks

Juventus have this afternoon met with the agent of Milan playmaker Andrea Pirlo, a report in the peninsula suggests.

According to calciomercato.com, Tulio Tinti has been in talks with Juve director general Beppe Marotta at Juve’s Vinovo HQ today.

Pirlo could be available on a free transfer this summer given that his contract with the Rossoneri expires at the end of June.

Milan have stated that they won’t decide on whether to offer him, and other players who are at the end of their contracts, an extension until the season is over.

Marotta has admitted that he would be interested in signing the 2006 World Cup winner on a Bosman.

Juve are, reportedly, ready to offer the former Brescia and Inter player a salary worth €3m a campaign.

However, leaving Vinovo, Tinti suggested that Pirlo was not the subject of their 30-minute discussion.

“Before Juventus, I have to speak with Milan,” he is quoted as saying.

Last pay deal for a fantastic player?

Tim Matavz for €8million? We had a pretty lengthy thread on him in Bears Den... :anguish:

Well done Djw!!! :clap:

Some other Italian news: Pirlo agent in Juve talks

Last pay deal for a fantastic player?

Cheers :lol:

I think any deal with Pirlo would hinge on whether or not they get Aquilani. He's settled in well, but both Milan clubs have stated their interest in him, while there were even whispers that he might return to Roma.

I could definitely see Pirlo moving to Juve though.

Off topic but this is a cool video.

Don't go turning the Italian thread in to a Roma Thread. :p20:

No worries, I'll counter it :crabflute:

No worries, I'll counter it :crabflute:

smiley-gen014.gif

We hate Roma We Hate Roma pipeb.gif

Welcome anytime in this thread mate, less Roma from everywhere else the better, Djw will cover allllllllllll Roma laugh.gif

I think we should go in for Pirlo if the takeover goes ahead :craphead:

Man, I would fucking love that.

Cheers :lol:

I think any deal with Pirlo would hinge on whether or not they get Aquilani. He's settled in well, but both Milan clubs have stated their interest in him, while there were even whispers that he might return to Roma.

I could definitely see Pirlo moving to Juve though.

Quite funny, I read an article literally an hour ago with Aquilani backing a move for Pirlo :lol:

Aquilani is a great player and I don't get why Liverpool seem so keen to get rid. Reminds me of this:

2qm1ycg.png

I thought Liverpool had come a long way since Rafa, guess there's just no love for him. If he doesn't get his move to Juventus I hope Liverpool give him another chance.

Weren't you Napoli ?

Not exatly friends with Lazio eh :lol:

Weren't you Napoli ?

Not exatly friends with Lazio eh :lol:

A like Napoli, not really a big follower of any just trying to adapt and start getting in to Italian football read couple good books watched some of this season.

But next season going to be in about it watch it religiously, try get to a couple of matches.

Who is it you follow?

smiley-gen014.gif

We hate Roma We Hate Roma pipeb.gif

Welcome anytime in this thread mate, less Roma from everywhere else the better, Djw will cover allllllllllll Roma laugh.gif

I'll cover all Roma and then some :D

roma3.jpg

I think we should go in for Pirlo if the takeover goes ahead :craphead:

Man, I would fucking love that.

laugh.gif Be brilliant imagine Pirlo in the SPL drool.gif

I'll cover all Roma and then some :D

roma3.jpg

Told you's pipeb.gif

Put me down as a Roma follower. :pipe:

laugh.gif Be brilliant imagine Pirlo in the SPL drool.gif

He could just camp in our half, pinging deep passes over clueless defenses into space for Jelavic. Wouldn't even have to move about :lol:

Roma :praise:

No Totti is a cunt posts, shocked. :ph34r:

Agree with Matthew about Sergio Aguero. :(

He could just camp in our half, pinging deep passes over clueless defenses into space for Jelavic. Wouldn't even have to move about :lol:

Just stand there in the middle of the park. Lob here, through ball here off after half hour 5-0 up craphead2.gif