DJW

***Official European Football Thread***

Ibra does vital things at different teams, can't wait for next season be watching as many games as possible! (and going to as many)

£100 up!!! smiley-gen014.gifsmiley-gen014.gifsmiley-gen014.gif

Nesta: "Players of the season? I'll name two - because one of them would hit me if I don't. Thiago Silva and Ibra." :lol:

Speaking of Ibrahimovic, this his eighth consecutive title. Say what you want about him, he reeks of success.

Eight titles at five clubs in three leagues. Remarkable.

Also I couldn't see very well because my stream is shit but I swear Abbiati just took a very nazi-looking flag with a rune symbol on it off a supporter and started waving it around. Imagine if a player did that in Britain :unsure:

Incidentally, the player who had his consecutive league titles in three different countries record broken last was none other than former Rangers player Alexei Mikhailichenko.

In other news, Tassotti has today confirmed that Allegri wants to punt Pirlo in the summer. I wonder if he'll move to England? I reckon Juventus are favourites though, with possibly Napoli in with a shout too.

Toto Di Natale puts Udinese 1-0 up against Lazio. Fantastic finish from a fantastic footballer. As it stands, Udinese are in the last Champions League place, two points ahead of Roma and Lazio.

2-0 Di Natale again. Lazio defence a shambles.

Putting my Roma allegiances aside, it really would be some achievement if Guidolin guided Udinese to the Champions League. He's signed players for pennies from the back and beyond, and they've taken the league by storm. Play some really nice football too.

I saw that too, no idea what kind of flag it was <cr>

I was talking about on twitter with Gabriele Marcotti and someone else told him it was a flag of Commandos Tigre, one of the Milan Ultras group. Which is fair enough, but the fact that they use Aryan runes against a red background as their logo is pretty dodgy anyway :lol:

And Abbiati is a self-proclaimed fascist.

Brescia relegated today, joining Bari in Serie B next season. A few good individuals, but not enough depth to hold their own in the top flight. Also some coaching problems that impeded them a bit.

Samp, Cesena and Lecce all still in danger of the drop. Sampdoria are two points from safety, but have the derby with Genoa tonight. After that, they face Palermo in Genova, then travel to the Olimpico to play Roma. Does not look good for them at all, considering that Cesena and Lecce have relatively easy run ins. Wouldn't like to see Samp relegated, half my Italian family follow them. The president, Garrone, is a complete idiot though. Refusing to accommodate Cassano, then selling Pazzini is never a good idea. Since February, they've been the lowest scoring team in the league. Crazy to think they finished 4th last season. They have some great players too.

I dont watch much Serie A so I have a question.

Just how good are Cavani and Pastore ?

Heard big things and Cavani has had a terrific season.

The first thing you need to know about Cavani is that he's a great athlete. With each passing season though, his footballing brain is getting more and more intelligent. A lot of his goals come from a quick 5 yard dash in the penalty box to take him away from his man, and still give him a good sight on goal. I've heard him labelled on here as the rich man's Samaras, but I think this is a pretty lazy comparison, more likely to be based on the hair than anything else.

As for Pastore, think of a slightly more shot shy Kaka. He turned down a move to Barcelona last summer, but has threatened to leave Palermo this summer if Delio Rossi leaves. Roma, Napoli and Milan are the most likely destinations IMO. I don't want him to go to Napoli, because Hamsik plays his position there. Roma could do with him, but I'm not sure the new guys will want to make superstar signings like him immediately. Milan would probably suit him best. Also, on a side note, Milan became the first team to win Serie A in 13 years without a single Argentinian in their team....

The first thing you need to know about Cavani is that he's a great athlete. With each passing season though, his footballing brain is getting more and more intelligent. A lot of his goals come from a quick 5 yard dash in the penalty box to take him away from his man, and still give him a good sight on goal. I've heard him labelled on here as the rich man's Samaras, but I think this is a pretty lazy comparison, more likely to be based on the hair than anything else.

As for Pastore, think of a slightly more shot shy Kaka. He turned down a move to Barcelona last summer, but has threatened to leave Palermo this summer if Delio Rossi leaves. Roma, Napoli and Milan are the most likely destinations IMO. I don't want him to go to Napoli, because Hamsik plays his position there. Roma could do with him, but I'm not sure the new guys will want to make superstar signings like him immediately. Milan would probably suit him best. Also, on a side note, Milan became the first team to win Serie A in 13 years without a single Argentinian in their team....

(tu)

Great detail in there, the last game I watched was Napoli 4-3 Lazio and Cavani was fantastic in that match.

Kaka is one of my favorite players outside Rangers so it sounds like I would like him, he is still young isn't he ?

And im glad Milan won the league, Ibra wins yet another league title.

Can't disagree with any off that fantastic analysis of those two.

Where do you think Cavani will be next season?

(tu)

Great detail in there, the last game I watched was Napoli 4-3 Lazio and Cavani was fantastic in that match.

Kaka is one of my favorite players outside Rangers so it sounds like I would like him, he is still young isn't he ?

And im glad Milan won the league, Ibra wins yet another league title.

Yeah, that was a cracking game!

Pastore's really early twenties, so yeah, he'll be around for a while yet :D

Yeah, say what you want about Ibra, but he's one of my favourite players on the planet.

Can't disagree with any off that fantastic analysis of those two.

Where do you think Cavani will be next season?

Cheers :)

I reckon the city of Naples will issue a death order against Di Laurentiis unless they pay the £25m odd to make the deal permanent. He's said he doesn't want to be anywhere else either, and, seeing as they're in the UCL next year, Napoli is still a fantastic stage for him. After next season though, I can see either Barcelona or Real Madrid coming in for him if he keeps his form up- he really has been that good.

Cheers :)

I reckon the city of Naples will issue a death order against Di Laurentiis unless they pay the £25m odd to make the deal permanent. He's said he doesn't want to be anywhere else either, and, seeing as they're in the UCL next year, Napoli is still a fantastic stage for him. After next season though, I can see either Barcelona or Real Madrid coming in for him if he keeps his form up- he really has been that good.

Any time I have saw him this year I'v often thought be a fantastic signing for Madrid, don't think he is the Barcelona type of player.

As for next season think he will either be found out or not in the Champions league, for me he will Shine great talent and at the age of 24 which he has just turned still a great prospect.

Edit: Fantastic goal scoring ratio 1 in every 2 hail.gif

Genoa 1-0 up at half time, great atmosphere but Sampdoria need something in this second half to get out the bottom 3.

Hopefully a good second half!

Genoa 1-0 up against Sampdoria at half time :(

Absolutely fantastic atmosphere though.

Haha just posted nearly the same post not to shabby a game.

Haha just posted nearly the same post not to shabby a game.

Agreed, someone should tell Palacio that he's not Obi-Wan Kenobi though.

Agreed, someone should tell Palacio that he's not Obi-Wan Kenobi though.

:lol: also how mental are the Italian officals it's brilliant!

Decided to go to at least two Italian matches this year :) can't wait!!!

:lol: also how mental are the Italian officals it's brilliant!

Decided to go to at least two Italian matches this year :) can't wait!!!

Yeah, it's crazy, there used to be a weekly TV show specifically dedicated the dodgy referee decisions :D

Nice! Any idea where you want to go?