The Rangers Bid For Lee Wallace

Muff

Credit where it's due!

Still not happy though with that fee :disappointment:

same :( out of all the players we weren't prepared to pay for, £2m for goodwillie, 800k for Miller and so on we come in and buy Wallace for £1.5m ?

Doesn't make any sense to me

same :( out of all the players we weren't prepared to pay for, £2m for goodwillie, 800k for Miller and so on we come in and buy Wallace for £1.5m ?

Goodwillie is still being accused of rape.

Miller is finished after this year IMO.

You think they read this site!!

probably :lol: I remember I posted the think about Torsten Frings being linked with us off of that pretty silly rumour from a german website and the next day it was back page of the sun :lol:

there wasn't even any real source to the story that's why I think they just read of here and printed it :lol:

People have been moaning all week that we've been bidding too low and having bids rejected. Now we've had a bid accepted we're bidding too high! :lol:

You should see the thread in the transfer forum about it!

Dammed if you do and dammed if you dont although i would say that a striker is a bigger priority than fullback but i think its a very good idea by Rangers...get him in now provide good competition for Papac!

Hearts wanted £3 million and were getting him for half

Seems like good business to me

1.5 mill would be fine... If he wasn't in the last year of his contract, we should have told mad vlad to do one and wait til january and got him on the cheap!

Thats just because I don't want hearts getting this fee! I do like Wallace and think he'll add a lot to our squad.

People have been moaning all week that we've been bidding too low and having bids rejected. Now we've had a bid accepted we're bidding too high! :lol:

My thoughts exactly, damned if you do damned if you don't.

the mind boggles Bp :

Half our fans change their mind more often than they change their underwear it seems ...

Papac has had no backup for years. It's hardly become a problem this one summer. My bet is that we're planning on playing Wallace on the left wing, Sasa wouldn't have stayed if he wasn't going to be first choice

Good signing - left back who can play left midfield. Much better going forward than The Papac. It's a bit pricey given the contract situ but he's only 23 and will improve. Best Scottish LB around so makes sense.

Think we must be pretty confident of getting Goodwillie if we've not upped the bid for Miller. Would have liked Miller back but i'd rather have GW if it was a choice between two.

It really does feel like a panic buy and I'm still firm in the opinion that Lee Wallace isn't good enough for Rangers. I really can't see him being a success, should he sign, but I'd support him nonetheless.

Plus, £1.5m is far too much.

Long-term there is a good chance you're right. He needs another year or two though.

Wallace is a good left-back, however, and I think he is underestimated by most on here through the fact that he plays for a crap team.

This will be a good signing.

Wallace is good forward, but I have serious doubts about his postioning and defensive attributes.

I've had numerous arguments with my Hearts supporting mates over the last couple of seasons regarding Lee Wallace and his abilty. Hearts fans love him and have always said he's much better than Papac, where I've always said Papac was better because he's better defensively than Wallace.

I'll give Wallace the benefit of the doubt, but the fee we've paid is far too much!

Hearts wanted £3 million and were getting him for half

Seems like good business to me

Just because its half of Hearts crazy valuation doesn't mean its a cut price bargain deal. :sherlock:

Panic buy :lol: the window doesn't shut for another month and we hardly need a full back in fir the CL qualifier when we have papacy and whittiker.

That fee is a joke. He has one year left on his deal FFS.