The Rangers Bid For Lee Wallace

Muff

it's too much considering the fact he will probably sit on the bench

Righ, but what about when Papac leaves next year and he (most likely) becomes out first choice left back and goes on to play there for a number of years?

The fee is academic if Wallace turns out to be a sterling performer.

No one will be crying like babies then.

But - you have to laugh at the wrist-slashing loyal who have been gum-bumping for weeks about low bids, but are now in a hysterical state because we agree a fee :lol:

Righ, but what about when Papac leaves next year and he (most likely) becomes out first choice left back and goes on to play there for a number of years?

much rather we dealt with what we need this year though!

much rather we dealt with what we need this year though!

I understand that, but we have to look long term. I have faith that we will have cover for the positions we desperately need before the end of the transfer window.

But - you have to laugh at the wrist-slashing loyal who have been gum-bumping for weeks about low bids, but are now in a hysterical state because we agree a fee :lol:

Exactly - A long term signing who may or may not make the left back position his own next year. We are signing players on long contracts because we are trying to build something.

While I rate Lee Wallace as a player - I am curious how he can have a serious long term injury, barely play last season and be worth £1.5M as Vlad says and WE are WILLING to pay it?

When the Dutch runner up to player of the year isn't worth £2m.

Carlos was worth £2M not £3M in our eyes.

Everyone is worth half what we value them at then wee cough up for Lee Wallace?!?!?

Vlad is notorious for only accepting a good offer for a player and we strike a deal........this is odd.

Give us the Dutch boy, Lee wallace shouldn't even get a game if everyone is fit.

Very odd and dare i say disapointing.

:lol: its hilarious, 1.2M is too much IMHO but I wasn't moaning at the low bids. I would say for wallace 500K, 750K at the very most!

Too much money for someone in the final 12 months of their contract. When you see we got Papac for around £600,000 and the bheggars got their LB from Fawlty Towers then there are bargains to be had if you look around.

On the other hand of he can stay fit then who is to say he will not be our long term LB when Papac leaves? There was similar fuss when Whittaker joined from Hibs and now he is one of our most important players.

I don't entirely get this final year of a contract thing, to be honest. A player should be worth what he is worth, be that in salary terms or transfer fee. Not comparing Wallace to Nasri, but Nasri's value does not seem to have dropped off appreciably because of the length of his contract.

I reckon Wallace will be first choice LB by the time we get to Christmas. I think he's a better defensive fullback than Whittaker already and could end up better going forward, too.