The Rangers Bid For Lee Wallace

Muff

Rangers have had a bid of around £1.5million accepted by Hearts for full-back Lee Wallace.

The SPL champions have been chasing Wallace all summer and have seen two bids for the Scotland international previously rejected by Hearts.

Rangers have now come back with a third bid and Hearts have now reluctantly accepted the offer.

The 23-year-old has now been given permission to travel to Glasgow to hold talks with Rangers and undergo a medical.

Hearts were hoping to tie down Wallace to a new deal, but it appears he will be on his way out of Tynecastle for Ibrox.

I want Lee WAllace to sign and I want him to take papac place ASAP. Its good to see we will have 2 natural full-backs on both sides. Its good to see so many rangers fans take a interest in hearts games, I have not seen him play enough at SPL level to decide If he is good enough for us. Also he is a hibs fan (tu)

It could be alot worse than Lee Wallace.

A young Scottish international who will no doubt progress at Rangers, The fee bothers me but I have a feeling Wallace will be worth every penny(tu)

There is NO chance this guy is replacing Papac anytime soon , and for some on here to think its a certainty is bonkers .........

The guy has been our best player for years and still performs consistently almost every game .........

2 million for the of the best players in the SPL ? no bad IMO.

Depends how much we have to spend really, if we have 5 million to spend then its a bad deal but we obviously have more than that so it seems pretty decent to me.

Davidson is probably better than Hutton and I dont know about Ness but he is never fit anyway.

This is some long term thinking here and I like it.

1.5million may be a bit steep but he obviously rates him and until I see him play I will reserve judgement.

:D :D

I am relatively happy with these signings (if they go through) - promising SPL players who are Scottish, will have no problem settling and could be with the club for the rest of their careers.

Still question marks over the caliber of the players though + the fact we have essentially been held to ransom which I thought we trying to avoid and that's the reason we haven't closed signings until this point.

If we do sign him for £1.5m, that will be 5x our initial offer which is pretty amazing.

After leaving business so late, any transfer we were going to complete before the season start was going to have an element of panic about it.

There is NO chance this guy is replacing Papac anytime soon , and for some on here to think its a certainty is bonkers .........

The guy has been our best player for years and still performs consistently almost every game .........

I think our goalie and Steve Davis would have something to say about that although on looking at your username I think you may be a touch biased :crabflute:

No username related bias here.

sdunsmb

No bias here , just the truth .......you disagree ?

Yes, I definitely disagree that Papac has been our best player for years.

I agree that he has been consistent and a great servant but he is not a natural Left Back and could easily be displaced by someone like Wallace. + He can play CB.