*** Official R M Season 2013/14 Betting Thread***

McD

I was planning a trip to Windsor today to bet Richard Hughes in every race (he should get 4 at least) but her indoors has decided she's ill!

So it's a day on the iPad and at the races for me.

Well done Hughesy :-))

Wondering if any one can help me:

I stuck a bet on with SkyBet for the Champions League (Ramos and Pepe both to be booked in 90 mins) @ odds of 12/5, thought that was a great bet so jumped on it.

About an hour before the match a few of my mates let me know that it was looking like Pepe wasn't going to be playing. I had a feeling that my odds might get reduced but thought it would be worth getting checked so I managed to get a hold of a SkyBet operator and asked the question (see below):

Me: "So say, for example. Pepe does not play tonight and Ramos does indeed play and is carded then wil the odds still be 12/5?"

Operator: "I'm just going to double check with the traders for you."

Operator: "Okay, the traders have said that the odds would remain the same."

As we know, Pepe did not feature and Ramos was indeed booked. I jumped onto my SkyBet account (awaiting to see my profit) and found a vast reduction in the amount I was expecting. Subsequently, I went onto live chat with an operator and asked what was happening (providing a screenshot of the conversation I had as I feared something like this would happen). The operator checked with her manager and said she was confused as to why this was advised and would provide me with a free bet.

Before I even had a chance to respond (or even verbally accept the free bet), the conversation was cut off from their end. I opened up another chat and asked for my bet to honored since it was confirmed by an operator and traders but SkyBet have refused.

So my question is, what is my actual position. Can I take my complaint further or should I settle for the free bet that has been provided? If you are interested in examining my issue further then I have the full chat records with the online operators.

Cheers lads.

Wondering if any one can help me:

I stuck a bet on with SkyBet for the Champions League (Ramos and Pepe both to be booked in 90 mins) @ odds of 12/5, thought that was a great bet so jumped on it.

About an hour before the match a few of my mates let me know that it was looking like Pepe wasn't going to be playing. I had a feeling that my odds might get reduced but thought it would be worth getting checked so I managed to get a hold of a SkyBet operator and asked the question (see below):

Me: "So say, for example. Pepe does not play tonight and Ramos does indeed play and is carded then wil the odds still be 12/5?"

Operator: "I'm just going to double check with the traders for you."

Operator: "Okay, the traders have said that the odds would remain the same."

As we know, Pepe did not feature and Ramos was indeed booked. I jumped onto my SkyBet account (awaiting to see my profit) and found a vast reduction in the amount I was expecting. Subsequently, I went onto live chat with an operator and asked what was happening (providing a screenshot of the conversation I had as I feared something like this would happen). The operator checked with her manager and said she was confused as to why this was advised and would provide me with a free bet.

Before I even had a chance to respond (or even verbally accept the free bet), the conversation was cut off from their end. I opened up another chat and asked for my bet to honored since it was confirmed by an operator and traders but SkyBet have refused.

So my question is, what is my actual position. Can I take my complaint further or should I settle for the free bet that has been provided? If you are interested in examining my issue further then I have the full chat records with the online operators.

Cheers lads.

You were ill advised by the operator in the chat but you had already placed the bet and recieved the correct pay out.

You got a free bet for, well, free so you got more than you should have in the end.

The bet may have been settled correctly, but its pretty shit that he was given the wrong information. IMO they should honour it.....saying that though, its ridiculous to think they would have paid out at the same odds. The advisor must have just been away for a blow on his crack pipe just before you spoke to him.

Selections

No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result

1 Saved By The Bell 4.50 Hamilton

(Win and Each Way) 28/05/2014 2 Places

1/4 Odds 6/4 To Run

2 Spectator 4.40 Chepstow

(Win and Each Way) 28/05/2014 2 Places

1/4 Odds 2/1 Won

Multiples

Nice wee double to start the day :-))

I would be complaining about been told different things from different people and say how they cut you off chat but that's just me :D

Not had a punt in a wee while and Scotland interested me tonight, need 4 more corners in the Colombia u20 game that is on the now.

Betvictors markets for the england game were poor.

Took over 1.5 first half goals at 15/8 to try give myself money to play with in the Scotland game otherwise I'll have no interest.

Half hour for another goal good chance.

Not like 'in our day' when it was 3 1/2 hours each half......or 'next goal wins'.

The kids of today, eh?

That 3x 30mins came in when I was 13/14 before that it was 45 mins a half on red ash!

These Guys are 17-20 years old!

Whiplash Willie looks a consistent sort and impressed last time out at Salisbury in a class 3. He is stepped up massively here into this Group 3 but looking at his recent runs he looks like he could have a lot more to give. He’ll love the ground and has relished this before. He had plenty left in the tank last time out so the step up in trip shouldn’t prove a problem and although potentially out-classed here I can’t ignore him at the current 20/1. It is obviously a competitive affair so I will be going each way about him.

Selection: Whiplash Willie in the 7.15 Sandown at 20/1 with William Hills for an e/w bet.

Good luck :-)

Whiplash Willie looks a consistent sort and impressed last time out at Salisbury in a class 3. He is stepped up massively here into this Group 3 but looking at his recent runs he looks like he could have a lot more to give. He'll love the ground and has relished this before. He had plenty left in the tank last time out so the step up in trip shouldn't prove a problem and although potentially out-classed here I can't ignore him at the current 20/1. It is obviously a competitive affair so I will be going each way about him.

Selection: Whiplash Willie in the 7.15 Sandown at 20/1 with William Hills for an e/w bet.

Good luck :-)

Couple of quid thrown on (tu)

Betfair were offering 12/1 on Piers Morgan to mention Arsene Wenger on Question Time tonight but after Piers retweeting this and loads of people asking Piers to do it, they've cut the price to 2/1. I have a tenner on it but there is a part of me that thinks Piers won't do it :lol: