*** Official R M Season 2013/14 Betting Thread***

McD

Secret Applause comes into this with not the best form in the book however despite not actually placing on his last four starts he’s managed to get close on several occasions. We’ve seen some blanket finishes in some of his races and he’s been close behind. I think the slight ease in the ground and a couple of lbs off his last mark he should be better than the market thinks. Paul Mulrennan takes the helm again and he’s started finding a few winners of late. The last time he rode him he also got him up to the line in a good fashion and just missed out by a head. He’s got a good draw and that will make things easier for him. I’ll be going e/w about him as there are a few in with chances but I can’t miss the 10/1 about him.

Selection: Secret Applause in the 7.10 Ripon at 10/1 with Bet365 for an e/w bet.

Miss Macnamara comes here having disappointed in her last race at Catterick. Before that she showed a preference for this course as she notched up two decent looking wins. She’s preferred on any ground so tomorrow’s going won’t be a problem. She has got extra weight but she should have got used to that now and having a suitable 11 days break she should be up to the task. She looks overpriced at 6/1 with Bet365 and it’ll be a win only bet for me.

Selection: Miss Macnamara in the 4.00 Catterick at 6/1 with Bet365 for a win only bet.

Solid e/w with 8 runners

Good luck

Zaraee comes here having disappointed in his last run in a handicap. I’ll let him off that run and look over his 2 year-old form as a more positive clue as to his potential. He impressed when running on good ground at Chester last August and seemed to improve massively for a run before that to claim victory in a class 2. He’s in a class 3 here today and it’s interesting to see the step up in trip to 7 furlongs. His pilot Nathan Alison has impressed me of late and this is his first ride claiming 3 as opposed to 5 lbs so he’s working his way through the ranks to being a good jockey. He won on a long shot for Haggas just yesterday after a superb ride and if he can repeat that performance here tomorrow then we’ll be in with a good chance. A better chance than the 10/1 would suggest. He’s 6/1 in my book so we’ll be going win only.

Selection: Zaraee in the 5.10 York at 10/1

Solid e/w

Good luck

Coming here with an impressive 31% strike rate for a level stakes profit of £24.75p. He’s three runners here this evening but the one that looks overpriced to me runs in the 8.00.

Rekdhat comes here having been lightly raced. She ran a good race last time out at Kempton but looked like she needed further which is what she get’s here today. She has been put up 3 lbs but likely to improve and conditions looking spot on for her she’s good value at the current 13/2. I’ve got her down as a 4/1 shot

Selection: Rekdhat in the 8.00 Windsor at 13/2 Bet Victor

Another good e/w bet for me here

Good luck

Potent Embrace comes here having been beaten a head on her last outing. She is stepped up in class here today but looks well treated off bottom weight and a mark of 74. It’s her first outing in handicap company but with conditions looking ideal she’s overpriced at the current 9/2 as I have her down as a 3/1 shot so it’ll be a win only bet for me.

Selection: Potent Embrace in the 4.00 Beverley at 9/2 with William Hill for a win only bet.

Good luck

:-))