Wesley Verhoek

Broxi1872

Lovin the self-made newspaper haha

This guy looks promising, I've never heard of him but apparentley strong and fast...he'd cope with the SPL nae bother. Hope the fee is £2m though, can't see us paying £3.5m for him but you never know :P

Did anyone get a reply from Fourth Official about us signing this guy?

he dosnt know about every deal that goes down, but if you asked him about it im sure he will look into it and if gets some reliable info he will let you know.

bear in mind he must be the busiest man on the planet atm

Looks to me like he has a genuine ability to pick a cross, some pace, quick thinking about him - would do plenty of damage domestically.

I have spoken to my Dutch friends though who say this story is either only known by the original journalist or it's pure speculation as no one else has picked up on it - merely repeated the original article.

Managed to find this little number from May, written by our very own, Terry Butcher. He seems to believe that this guy has a big future ahead of him. If Rangers really do have this £15m extra then I would fully expect us to be pushing the boat out a bit more for players that seem to be of this calibre.

Remember the name Wesley Verhoek: he could just be the Prem's next big thing

By Terry Butcher

Published 07:01 24/04/11

Note the name and check if he’s playing for your team next season.

Wesley Verhoek should be heading to England ­unless the cunning ­Germans intercept his move.

The Holland Under-21 right winger is about to become the surprise ­Footballer of the Year in Holland. And his form for unsung Den Haag has seen a posse of Premier League scouts trailing him in ­recent weeks.

But the Premier League boys may yet be scooped by Champions League semi-finalists Schalke.

They are set to move for the 6ft 2in winger, who is physically one of the strongest players in Dutch football and has just one year remaining on his contract.

Verhoek is a great crosser of the ball and is the leading man in Dutch football for assists.

He said: “The Premier League is the place where all the top players are. The stadiums, the crowds, it is all fantastic.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/terry-butcher/The-Mole-on-Wesley-Verhoek-Remember-the-name-he-could-just-be-the-Prem-s-next-big-thing-plus-more-Champions-League-Wembley-rip-off-article727225.html

I'm liking the sound of this.

The video CV his agents have put on Youtube is really odd. You don't get a half decent cross or shot out of the guy until 6 odd minutes in.

He does look tasty though. Loads of pace, strong tackler and not afraid to go around a player. I would love to see this guy at Rangers but would be surprised if we didn't face some competition.

Why would we not be interested? I wonder who, apart from ex players, we are actually gonna bid for

If culler,miller,Bartley don't come off we are fooked,with all the rumours flying around it keeps coming back to these 3.All 3 have potential stumbling blocks and the euro deadline is in dun dun dun 48 hrs + 15 hrs 45 min :)