Wesley Verhoek

Broxi1872

Terry butcher rates him. This is taken from his scouting article in the mirror a few months ago

Note the name and check if he’s playing for your team next season.

Wesley Verhoek should be heading to England ­unless the cunning Germans intercept his move.

The Holland Under-21 right winger is about to become the surprise Footballer of the Year in Holland. And his form for unsung Den Haag has seen a posse of Premier League scouts trailing him in recent weeks.

But the Premier League boys may yet be scooped by Champions League semi-finalists Schalke.

They are set to move for the 6ft 2in winger, who is physically one of the strongest players in Dutch football and has just one year remaining on his contract.

Verhoek is a great crosser of the ball and is the leading man in Dutch football for assists.

He said: “The Premier League is the place where all the top players are. The stadiums, the crowds, it is all fantastic.”

AZ logs again in Friesland Beerens Monday, July 18, 2011 at 9:58 p.m. Wesley Verhoek said AZ and FC Utrecht off, because he hopes for a top club in the Netherlands or an adventure abroad. The latter now seems to occur. The winger ADO Den Haag is in the interest of Glasgow Rangers and AZ shifts interest now to Roy Beerens. The transfer of three and a half million is too high for the time being Alkmaar. / "We have spoken with AZ on prices," confirms Heerenveen against president Robert Veenstra Voetbal International. "The situation is pretty clear, Roy is a good player with a contract for two years. There is a price to pay in advance and we do not intend to bring the price down. We would not lose him, but if the right offer on the table, there is always negotiable. "Verhoek is not as stated on the list of AZ, which last week asked about the asking price for the public's favorite. "We took the sum indicated that FC Utrecht for him would pay a substantial sum, and about that they would consider themselves internally. Since then we heard nothing more ", says shareholder Mark van der Kallen. Verhoek continues his career now which may result in the Scottish Premier League.

Den Haag have a cracking box-to-box midfielder, can't remember his name, Tornestra or something like that!?

He's gets all over the park, in the oppositions faces and can be pretty aggressive.

So do you think this big pot of money is for real then if this were the case?

Tbh mate i see the transfer kitty as something that should only be used for a big signing if he is better than any other player we have for that position! I really dont have a clue if we have a big amount of money or if this guy is better than our current players!

Den Haag have a cracking box-to-box midfielder, can't remember his name, Tornestra or something like that!?

He's gets all over the park, in the oppositions faces and can be pretty aggressive.

Jens Toornstra... good player too.

I will meet up with Kirk down here if he is covering the game as the junior photographer maybe down to do this game so by Wed morning i will try have some info on the signings

I mean blackpool btw :lol:

Certainly looks like a good wide player who could handle the physicality of the SPL. Admittedly i dont know much about the guy but the vid. 2 million seems decent if true

Your our version of Walter ya sly fox yae! Spill the beans, where are you hearing this? :crabflute:

Is kirk going down to blackpool aye ? i'll try and get jamie to find out something before he leaves.

Is kirk going down to blackpool aye ? i'll try and get jamie to find out something before he leaves.

They have a junior photographer mate and Kirk said he will be getting her more involved at the friendlies etc. It was her who went to the USA when Walter, Bain and Ally were there! Thats how i thought we had a tour this season as Kirk said he wouldnt be going to America, i thought we had a game there haha

They have a junior photographer mate and Kirk said he will be getting her more involved at the friendlies etc. It was her who went to the USA when Walter, Bain and Ally were there! Thats how i thought we had a tour this season as Kirk said he wouldnt be going to America, i thought we had a game there haha

Hahahaha. I think jamie's got a new phone, hasnt been on BBM in a while dont think...