Wesley Verhoek

Broxi1872

Also, Forest are signing Ish Miller and bidding for Tamas Priskin - they must not be too confident in landing Verhoek!

Why would that matter....Verhoek is a winger, the other two are strikers...

terrible if we allow forest to steal a march on us...shows us that perhaps funding isnt there given our business thus far will total around 3 mill (inclusive mckay) yet we got in nearly the same with sell on for adam and boogie...

I take that as a net spend of half mill, so i would have expected us to spend another 6mill on quality, shame it aint gunna happen, my faith is all but gone after this

terrible if we allow forest to steal a march on us...shows us that perhaps funding isnt there given our business thus far will total around 3 mill (inclusive mckay) yet we got in nearly the same with sell on for adam and boogie...

I take that as a net spend of half mill, so i would have expected us to spend another 6mill on quality, shame it aint gunna happen, my faith is all but gone after this

Well it looks like the juhasz deal is around 3.5 million

So that's us now lost out to Cardiff, Blackburn and Nottingham Forest for 3 guys that would have made a difference. Outbid by 3 wee diddy teams for a few hundred lousy grand.

I'm beginning to think Whyte's no got two bob. Poor Ally. :disappointment:

Beyond embarrassing.

Except 3.5 million for Juhasz.

Im surprised your Rangers circles couldnt tell you that Miller never had any desire to return here! Then again... :sherlock:

So that's us now lost out to Cardiff, Blackburn and Nottingham Forest for 3 guys that would have made a difference. Outbid by 3 wee diddy teams for a few hundred lousy grand.

Beyond embarrassing.

The only thing that is embarrassing is the utter pish you post on a daily basis.

I'm losing faith in the board now.

It's clear that Ally has not just 'A' list of targets,...BUT a LONG-list of targets, The board simply aren't coughing up for one reason or another.

We've already dropped points and ties due to this signing "policy" yet it continues in 'deja vu' style for us to watch again and again.

I have so far said "there's still time" and "I'm not too bothered about him" but on this one to be beaten to his signiture by Notts Forest is unnaceptable.

The bank coughed up when we wen't out early in Europe - we didn't spend "fuck-all" like people like to make out, we spent 10's of millions of pounds. Now it may not have felt like it but that's because it wasn't like the 90's or the peak of our spending during the Advocaat reign.

If the bank coughed up with no board of investors - why is our current board unable to sign anyone?

Lee Wallace is our "big money" signing from 6 months of scouting around the world and over 2 months of transfer dealings - It's impossible to explain that in any other way than by saying either "we aren't genuinely interested in buying players merely making it look that way", OR "we don't have any money the former board was spot on".

I keep waiting for the bit of good news that confirms my optimism but it's blow after blow with nothing to say "you were right to be patiant".

Frankly I'm starting to think that speaking to Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea about loans is because when it becomes apparent we've not got a rabbit to pull out of the hat we still need a squad to compete this season.

No excuses now - Stand and deliver Mr Whyte!

I.A.W.T

I think we have our valuations of players and won't go over the odds.

If you look at the Goodwillie situation we handed ourselves poorly, we waited too long to bit the correct amount. We're going to spend 3.5 on Juhasz and 2m on Carlos Cuellar.

There's money there and I still expect a striker and a winger to arrive and perhaps one or two more on loan.

Beyond embarrassing.

It must be cold and lonely in your life. Try to chill out from time to time. (tu)

I think we have our valuations of players and won't go over the odds.

If you look at the Goodwillie situation we handed ourselves poorly, we waited too long to bit the correct amount. We're going to spend 3.5 on Juhasz and 2m on Carlos Cuellar.

There's money there and I still expect a striker and a winger to arrive and perhaps one or two more on loan.

If we spend £3.5m on the guy from Anderlecht, we will not see Cuellar at Ibrox as we would have Goian , Bartley and Perry.

If we spend £3.5m on the guy from Anderlecht, we will not see Cuellar at Ibrox as we would have Goian , Bartley and Perry.

I wouldn't rule it out yet, considering the hero status Carlos has with the fans it would be a serious PR boost to secure his signature.

Plus the fact he's a quality defender.

I wouldn't rule it out yet, considering the hero status Carlos has with the fans it would be a serious PR boost to secure his signature.

Do we really need 4 centre backs who could all be starters though? I'd rather spend the money on a creative player or a striker

I think it's crazy business sense to be honest

Goodwillie 2.8 mil

Juhasz 3.5 mil

Verhoek 2.5 mil

Had we got these 3 I would of been convinced we would be in the champions league which would equal £15 mil

Thats what really annoys me about Whyte, if he is such an astute businessman (which I doubt even more every day) why was he haggling over relative peanuts with such a massive sum of money at stake.

Sometimes memories cloud the current situation, think he is not the player who played for us. I would not like to see him come back, seems to be lost in the mist of time that he buggered off once we went out of the CL last time, after all the talk prior to that game.