***The Official St. Johnstone vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

not sure why Edu is geting so much stick, he is playing well enough, cant remember too many misplaced paces this half

He's been the invisible man though it's hardly his fault when asked to play wide right (but not too wide right, don't actually go near the touchline son...)

Dont see why we cant have Wylde on the left, Ortiz on the right with Davis and either of Edu/McCulloch in the middle, there's no real creativity down the wings and the only wide player causing problems is Wallace because Whittaker seems to have once more forgotten how to play football.

A pleasing 1st half display and a brilliant headed goal by Steven Naismith. Hope his knockers lay off him now.

The new fella at the back has done well. I like a big fucker at centre half and he fits the bill.

Wallace is doing well at left back; conversely, Whittaker looks short of confidence in the RB berth.

Edu has revealed a new strand of incompetence with the worst throw in I've ever seen and has generally been annonymous but Davis is as industrious and perky as ever.

Jelavic needs to step up his game a notch and must cut out some of the off sides.

I expect the Saints to come out more fired up and the next goal is crucial.

Dont see why we cant have Wylde on the left, Ortiz on the right with Davis and either of Edu/McCulloch in the middle, there's no real creativity down the wings and the only wide player causing problems is Wallace because Whittaker seems to have once more forgotten how to play football.

whittaker has gone on a couple of wee runs, he just needs to learn when to cross and when to go down the fucking line, confidence is his big issue and its starting to become quite a tiresome problem in all honesty

My half time thoughts are that are defence is looking really solid. Goian and Wallace have been really impressive. The tactics seem to be better now and we look like we are going to score. Edu and McCulloch are still painful to watch though and i don't have a clue where Edu is supposed to be playing. Davis is just doing his usual. Lee Wallace definatly our best player in the first half. Hopefully we can score a few more in the second half and get Jelavic his first goal of the season.

An average first 45 for me.

Defence looks a lot more solid with big Goian in there.

Crying out for some width though - if we had that we could be tearing them a new a-hole by now.

Edu and McCulloch their usual mediorce selves

after watching that it is clear that Wallace is a class act, big Goian looks the part, Papac is clearly like a fish out of water as he isnt bombing up that left wing and McCulloch and Edu are BARELY holding it together. We drastically need to relplace Edu and McCulloch and use these two as squad players. They are just so lightweight in midfield with no creative cutting edge. Wylde for Papac second half.......surely.....its so obvious!

I'm sorry but this is horiffic. Our system just doesn't work. Jig and Edu again, Papac on the left wing.....our only chance of creating anything seems to be long ball/aerial cross. Watching Rangers is pure torture for me.

The only thing that gives me hope is that Ally still has a month to get some bodies in