***The Official St. Johnstone vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

Good result and definate improvement in our performance . Would have liked another goal or two but was comfortable in the end .

Very happy with Wallace , and big goian strolled it .

Mcculloch though is Fucking useless . I'd pay all the money in my bank to never see him in a rangers jersey again .

A good three points and without coming under any pressure at all we ran out comfortable winners. 100% of us would be delighted if that was the score on Wednesday. On a negative note three of our starting midfielders bring nothing to that area of the pitch. Journeymen footballers, that's all they are. We really need some creativity there. And of course we finish with Ally playing the wingers on the 'wrong' side again. Makes me wonder, it really does. But no complaints really.

Well I ENJOYED that, regardless of what others might think.

We needed a win and frankly I'm not bothered how we did it. We passed the ball well, defended solidly and created chances.

NAISMITH was simply outstanding and I'm delighted he's given the perfect answers to his critics on here. His movement was excellent and intuitive, he worked his socks off, his goal was brilliantly taken, he made our 2nd goal and was a constant threat.

Wallace, Goian, Bougherra, Davis and Jelavic all did well.

Onwards and upwards.

RATINGS

McGregor 7

Whittaker 6- not many players whose game is as error strewn as this guy but he doesn't hide

Wallace 7

Bougherra 7

Goian 8

Davis 7

Edu 4 - Isn't a footballer. Sorry but he isn't.

McCulloch 6 - too much criticsm of him imo, at least he can pass a ball.

Papac 7

Naismith 9

Jelavic 7

(tu)

Ifonly we take the next leap and play them on their right sides. Lol

Totally agree....get the wingers in there correct positions and move Davis into the middle and remove those two bungling numpties Edu and McCulloch. They were rank today....squad players at best!

I sometimes wonder if people are blind.

Edu is rotten. Full stop.

His ballet routine at the corner sums this fukker up.

Ive never booed a Rangers player. Ever.

He will be the one that breaks me. Fukkin clown. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

(tu)

Completely agree. He is consistently poor but when he does do once half decent thing people change their entire opinions about him. I actually rate McCulloch higher than Edu and would rather have him in the team instead of Edu.

We needed a win and frankly I'm not bothered how we did it. We passed the ball well, defended solidly and created chances.

NAISMITH was simply outstanding and I'm delighted he's given the perfect answers to his critics on here. His movement was excellent and intuitive, he worked his socks off, his goal was brilliantly taken, he made our 2nd goal and was a constant threat.

Onwards and upwards.

RATINGS

McGregor 7

Whittaker 6- not many players whose game is as error strewn as this guy but he doesn't hide

Wallace 7

Bougherra 7

Goian 8

Davis 7

Papac 7

Naismith 9

Jelavic 7

Sorry but Edu was better than McCulloch. I thot Edu done ok today.

No probs mate, its all about opinions.

I've been watching football for 40 years, I've done some scouting work in England but at this level he's one of the worst I've ever seen.

Why did McCoist bring of McCoulloch first? The two are bad for Rangers midfield, but Edu has legs and will run and hassle. McCulloch will ? well i dont know what he will do. Edu wasn't that bad today.

Onwards and upwards.

RATINGS

McGregor 7

Wallace 7

Bougherra 7

Goian 8

Davis 7

Papac 7

Naismith 9

Jelavic 7

Good post (tu)

I thought Edu was ok by his standards, but its nowhere near good enough

taken from twatter, ortiz offside :(

http://yfrog.com/z/kekertbj

I'm sure we can get a full SFA match official inquiry into this one - at least a yard on-side. No wonder he was going ballistic after the whistle.

If this were the Mhanky Mob we'd be having phone-ins and ten-page discussions in the rags about that one.

An awful awful decision.

All in all a much better performance today, plenty of plus points. One of my concerns however, is Steven Whittaker. I just don't think he's a good enough defender. In all 3 games so far, he has been beaten far too easily, and is making mistakes that are costing us. Even going forward today, I wasn't impressed. For the amount of space he was given on the right, very rarely did he make anything of it.(maybe needs more help down the flanks) Maybe he's just having a poor start to the season, I don't know. But IMO, he has to step up his game, although I'm not sure Ally would drop him anyway.