***The Official St. Johnstone vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

Shagger

Whittaker Boogie Goian Wallace

Naismith Davis Hutton Wylde

Jelavic Healy

This would be my selection and hopefully Supers aswell. No Edu or Jig to be seen, we can live in hope. Although wouldnt mind The Papac playing.

I'm looking for improvement more than anything. McCoist has been unlucky in not getting most of his targets so far, having to shuffle a threadbare squad. I feel it is understandable that substitutions and positional changes aren't been made during games as we just don't have the depth in the squad at the moment.

St.J. will be sticky, looked organized last weekend, but considering the misses mid-week, Naismith won't ever again be as unlucky with his finishing, I feel his game is well within our grasp. Any type of win and kick start the season.

We have to be positive tomorrow. Ally has to play certain players in the position they excel the most - Naismith right mid and Davis in the middle. If we do that then I am confident we can win by 2 or 3.

The saddest thing about it is if he doesnt change anything it just shows you he isnt his own man. Just copying walter smith and is afraid to change.

Pathetic really.

Steady on, you can't describe someone like McCoist as pathetic after 2 games in charge. Have some respect.

If you do an apprenticeship for someone for several years, achieving great success, you're hardly going to come out and do things radically differently are you? Sure you'll have your own ideas you want to try and you'll make changes but what exactly do you think an apprenticeship does? It's the same in any industry.

I'm surprised people expected to see a complete sea change in our style of play.

Steady on, you can't describe someone like McCoist as pathetic after 2 games in charge. Have some respect.

If you do an apprenticeship for someone for several years, achieving great success, you're hardly going to come out and do things radically differently are you? Sure you'll have your own ideas you want to try and you'll make changes but what exactly do you think an apprenticeship does? It's the same in any industry.

I'm surprised people expected to see a complete sea change in our style of play.

Didnt say mccoist was pathetic <cr> I said it was pathetic that he cant seem to make his own decisions and is just going to go on with the same old because he is scared to change. That IS pathetic.

Goian being avaliable is a major plus.

I want to see changes from McCoist, at least one of Edu or McCulloch out if not both. I may just take one performance with some changes and Ally will start realising that he has to be his own man.

Be positive, could provide results.

Ally is under a lot of pressure here.We will be expected to win but more than anything people will be looking for a huge improvement in performance.Scraping through does nothing for the confidence of either the Team or the fans ahead of the Malmo game but tbh I dont know what to expect.Does Ally make changes or stick with the same Players and tactics that won us the League last year? St Johnstone may see this as an opportunity to cause an upset given our early season results but we have to go out and brush them aside.There are a lot of other places we could be going to that would have me really worried but this is still going to a big test of our mentality and desire.