Every Other Saturday.

bunter

Does anyone know who wrote EOS? I often wonder what the guys job was? Probably on a a shipyard im guessing.

Also have heard that Liverpool have adopted the song, is there any truth in this?

Does anyone know who wrote EOS? I often wonder what the guys job was? Probably on a a shipyard im guessing.

Also have heard that Liverpool have adopted the song, is there any truth in this?

I fully expect Nonce FC to claim it was originally their song - written by some dumb-fuck from "the oul country" back in nineteen-canteen.

They'll probably claim that the original lyrics described how a poor Oi'rish immigrant got beaten up for planting spuds in Lanarkshire and so he moved to the Gorbals where he started doing Karaoke versions of the song in the back courts of tenements etc. Back then he called it, "Every Other Dustbin!"

They'll claim a Protestant (it's always us) stole his song, changed the lyrics and sold them to Lex McLean's agent for the huge sum of £10 - a King's ransom back in nineteen-canteen.

PS. This explanation is made up. Much like the history of Nonce FC. :pipe:

I fully expect Nonce FC to claim it was originally their song - written by some dumb-fuck from "the oul country" back in nineteen-canteen.

They'll probably claim that the original lyrics described how a poor Oi'rish immigrant got beaten up for planting spuds in Lanarkshire and so he moved to the Gorbals where he started doing Karaoke versions of the song in the back courts of tenements etc. Back then he called it, "Every Other Dustbin!"

They'll claim a Protestant (it's always us) stole his song, changed the lyrics and sold them to Lex McLean's agent for the huge sum of £10 - a King's ransom back in nineteen-canteen.

PS. This explanation is made up. Much like the history of Nonce FC. :pipe:

You have got me laughing mate. :D

Every other Saturday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every other Saturday's me half day off

And it's off to the match I go

I like to take a stroll along the Anfield Road

Me and me old pal Joe

I like to see the lasses with their red scarves on

I like to hear the Kopites roar

But I don't have to tell that best of all

Is when we see Liverpool sc-o-o-o-ore

We've won the English League about a thousand times

And Uefa was a simple do

We've played some exhibitions in the FA Cup

We are the Wembley Wizards too

But when we won the European Cup in Rome

Like we should have done years before

We gathered down at Anfield

Boys a hundred thousand strong

To give the boys a welcome ho-om-me

Kenny ohhh Kenny

I'd walk a million miles for one of your goals oh Kenny

Ohhh Kenny

Is there a song anywhere that Liverpool haven't stolen? Well, I'll give them YNWA, but(technically) they stole it!

Short answer - 'NO'.

Harry Enfield and chums had the Liverpool crew down to a tee.

If it's not nailed down.....they're on their toes and away with it. :D