Matt Mckay

Broxi1872

hey guys im an aussie and i just thought id give yall a fair description of the guy

matty has a massive engine and will never stop running, ever. but hes not just a headless chook eithrr

hes very technically gifted and benefits from his low centre of gravity and quick accelaration. hes especially good in transition and is always intelligent with the ball. he is very creative in the final third.

yes he is small, but hes played against some lumbering physical ogres who just hack him all day long in the a-league for a long time, he is used to it.

mckay is not young, but hes not exactly old either. hes playing at a level currently which makes him a starting XI player for our national team, often getting into the starting side ahead of more established european players that play in the EPL, continental europe and the championship

you guys shouldnt expect mckay to single handedly change things but hes a very good player and will be very cheap and will bring a lot to your team through his versatility, work ethic and technical ability

weaknesses? of course he has some, hes very poor in the air and although he doesnt win 1v1 duels very often like youd expect from a defensive midfielder, his athletic presence allows him to make up a lot of ground in the defensive third of the pitch. he is very rarely wrong footed and if hes partnered next to a more defensive minded midfielder, they could flourish. another weakness is that for all his work he doesnt always score enough goals. but he obviously brings other qualities

hope i helped

Thanks a lot mate. Appreciated.

Sounds good

By pedigree i meant leagues played in and general recognition, not ability. I've never heard of him let alone seen him play. It would be nice to be linked with a midfielder who had played in some top leagues for once. Almost 29 and still playing in Australia doesn't exactly wow me.

:lol:

This is something we should be doing more! We would all love us to sign big name players with big reputations but with that comes big transfer fees n big wages. We need to be exploring lesser leagues for there best talent, i mean who had heard of Kayal or Izaguirre before they came to Scotland? Only thing that worries me is that hes nearly 29 so no sell on value but lets give the guy a chance, he cant be worse than Edu :rolleyes:

hey guys im an aussie and i just thought id give yall a fair description of the guy

matty has a massive engine and will never stop running, ever. but hes not just a headless chook either

hes very technically gifted and benefits from his low centre of gravity and quick accelaration. hes especially good in transition and is always intelligent with the ball. he is very creative in the final third.

yes he is small, but hes played against some lumbering physical ogres who just hack him all day long in the a-league for a long time, he is used to it.

mckay is not young, but hes not exactly old either. hes playing at a level currently which makes him a starting XI player for our national team, often getting into the starting side ahead of more established european players that play in the EPL, continental europe and the championship

you guys shouldnt expect mckay to single handedly change things but hes a very good player and will be very cheap and will bring a lot to your team through his versatility, work ethic and technical ability

weaknesses? of course he has some, hes very poor in the air and although he doesnt win 1v1 duels very often like youd expect from a defensive midfielder, his athletic presence allows him to make up a lot of ground in the defensive third of the pitch. he is very rarely wrong footed and if hes partnered next to a more defensive minded midfielder, they could flourish. another weakness is that for all his work he doesnt always score enough goals. but he obviously brings other qualities

hope i helped

Thank fuck for that! He'll be takin a lot from the likes of Ross Tokely, Garry Kenneth and Daniel Majstorovic.

Cheers for the info mate, he sounds a decent player. Hope he's as good as you're making out (tu)

i like the look at him, but not for this league imho

with him and davis in the center, our midfield would get kicked to fuck and back - especially in old firm games

i'd take him and play him OR davis alongside a stronger, agressive, commanding holding midfielder

TBh the only player for the taigs in midfield that puts the boot in a lot and plays well is Kayal. The rest are shite with no ability so I'd rather creative midfielders than talentless fanny who kick players I.e Broon.

This guy sound a lot like Kayal.

Well given it it has been posted on the official website, I would say it is highly likely he will be getting signed. Best to do it before the friendly though so the guy knows where he stands, and he can't catch the eye of any scouts who are there....

Totally agree with another comment about rangers taking talented players from smaller leagues, that is where we are now. The top stars we have no chance so we have to be savvy in what talent we go for.

TBh the only player for the taigs in midfield that puts the boot in a lot and plays well is Kayal. The rest are shite with no ability so I'd rather creative midfielders than talentless fanny who kick players I.e Broon.

This guy sound a lot like Kayal.

i'd like to have nice technical players as well, but i want 4 in a row more ;)

you don't have to be a good player to shrug off a technical player - look what the scottish national side has been doing for years - us as well in europe

as soon as we try and beat them at their own game we get found out

i'd like to have nice technical players as well, but i want 4 in a row more ;)

you don't have to be a good player to shrug off a technical player - look what the scottish national side has been doing for years - us as well in europe

as soon as we try and beat them at their own game we get found out

Celtc gave us a doing last year in nearly every game, can't deny it.

We didn't know what to do against them we defended defended defended but ha nobody to keep calm, compused and unlock their defence as Davis has to play a defensive role.

This guy could be exactly what we need.

I liked the 4-2-3-1 we started with in Malmo. I'd like to see us play it more.

Likewise, I really liked it. Before that moment, I hadn't see us dominate a side like that for a while.

It suits alot of our players. Would of been great for the CL, and could be good against better sides in the EL.