***The Official NK Maribor vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

He's 100% right.

If we can't beat Maribor there is something seriously wrong. This should be billed as an easy win for us but some people are making this club out to be better than they are. They average something like 2000 fans at home.

They play less games in a season than Rangers, have less team in their league. Their league is poor. They failed to win 15 games last season and still won their league.

Come on, everyone should agree we should turn these chaps over, surely?

Losing to Malmo at home was 100 times worse, no questions were asked about that, its been swept under the carpet! We are away from home tonight, about 5 or 6 defenders out injured. I will be content, not happy, content with a draw.

Its that easy our manager is going to play one up front! doh

Yes, i agree, and i think we will win by a few but he said "serious questions need asked if we dont win"? Utter nonsense imo. We will still get through with a draw and i am 100% certain Ally will also get away with a defeat.

Losing to Malmo at home was 100 times worse, no questions were asked about that, its been swept under the carpet! We are away from home tonight, about 5 or 6 defenders out injured. I will be content, not happy, content with a draw.

Yes, i agree, and i think we will win by a few but he said "serious questions need asked if we dont win"? Utter nonsense imo. We will still get through with a draw and i am 100% certain Ally will also get away with a defeat.

malmo are atleast 2-3 levels above this mob. no excuses tonight imo

Did he not drop Ortiz for the Malmo game at Ibrox though? Surely you are not saying Ally is crazy? :)

He did actually. I hold my hands up.

Time will tell - if he starts Jig and Edu tonight then the jury may still be out on that one! :pipe:

Really looking forward to the game tonight. I don't think we'll sit back and defend like the way Walter used to set us up. I think we'll really go for it right from the kick off. A bit like the way we played against Valencia in the champions league last season would do nicely thankyou!! Really looking forward to watching the new Carlos slotting seamlessly into our defence. Fingers crossed.

Really looking forward to the game tonight. I don't think we'll sit back and defend like the way Walter used to set us up. I think we'll really go for it right from the kick off. A bit like the way we played against Valencia in the champions league last season would do nicely thankyou!! Really looking forward to watching the new Carlos slotting seamlessly into our defence. Fingers crossed.

I would love to think Ally would go for it more, and tonight is a perfect chance.

(tu)

Think it will be 2-1 NK Maribor.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but that result wouldn't be the end of the World. As I think we would be able to turn it around in the 2nd leg.

That's what I think the score will be. Was a little anxious at the reception my prediction would have got though. ph34r.gif

Of course he will get away with a defeat. He isn't going to get sacked. We're not saying he will be sacked, we are saying that questions will be raised and rightly so. If we don't play with an attacking force, Ally should be ashamed.

I don't mind playing with 1 up front and they two wingers moving into attacking positions to support but if we fall into the mistake of letting them attack and then coutering them, we will deserve to lose.

Walter Smith was the wrong person to teach Ally, tactically. Man management, excellent, but not tactics.

Ally has to realise that 99% of Rangers fans would love to see a great attacking performance and lose than a great defensive performance and lose. We have to take the game to this lot tonight, end this contest as a tie in the first leg.

There are absolutly no excuses for losing this game. None. We have got a player in, we have almost our best team out, we are the bigger and better team. If Ally loses this game, he deserves every piece of slack he gets for it.