***The Official NK Maribor vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

Of course he will get away with a defeat. He isn't going to get sacked. We're not saying he will be sacked, we are saying that questions will be raised and rightly so. If we don't play with an attacking force, Ally should be ashamed.

I don't mind playing with 1 up front and they two wingers moving into attacking positions to support but if we fall into the mistake of letting them attack and then coutering them, we will deserve to lose.

Walter Smith was the wrong person to teach Ally, tactically. Man management, excellent, but not tactics.

Ally has to realise that 99% of Rangers fans would love to see a great attacking performance and lose than a great defensive performance and lose. We have to take the game to this lot tonight, end this contest as a tie in the first leg.

There are absolutly no excuses for losing this game. None. We have got a player in, we have almost our best team out, we are the bigger and better team. If Ally loses this game, he deserves every piece of slack he gets for it.

Questions by who? Fans moaning on a forum? Jhournos dont care, they wont be asking the questions WE want answered..

I hate 1 up front especially at Rangers, more often than not the striker looks pissed off because he has no support, no help, no service and is left up against several defenders himself.

I dont recall much stick after Malmo and should it happen again here, i expect the same acceptance of defeat.

We are going to win anyway so it wont matter.

:)(tu)

Questions by who? Fans moaning on a forum? Jhournos dont care, they wont be asking the questions WE want answered..

I hate 1 up front especially at Rangers, more often than not the striker looks pissed off because he has no support, no help, no service and is left up against several defenders himself.

I dont recall much stick after Malmo and should it happen again here, i expect the same acceptance of defeat.

We are going to win anyway so it wont matter.

:)(tu)

The fans are the only people who matter.

I thought we were outstanding v Inverness with 1 up top.

Anyway, agree to disagree mate. As long as we win eh? (tu)

Before we all slit our wrists, can I remind people that Ness is only just back from yet another long spell out with injury. His career so far has been littered with problems. He played 90 minutes at the weekend there. Ally might not want to risk harming him futher. This is the lad's career we're talking about here. Absolutely no point in rushing him back with game after game when he hasn't EVER been fit enough to get an extended run in the team at any level.

It is worth the risk if it means Edu and McCulloch don't play together :lol:

There is still no need for them both to play even if Ness is being rested.

I'm not usually one to overreact at the team news, but :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

OYSa1.gif

In all fairness though I can understand Ness being dropped considering he's just back to fitness - playing him twice in a week might be too much at present.

But still :anguish: