***The Official NK Maribor vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

I'd like us to play 4-2-3-1, looked good for the 20 minutes we played it in Malmo.

McGregor

McMillan Goian Bocanegra Wallace

Ness Davis

Ortiz Naismith Wylde

Jelavic

Is what I'd go for with the players available right now.

Is how I'd line up now.

Pretty sure Ally will go....

McGregor

Broadfoot Bocanegra Goian Wallace

Davis Edu Ness Ortiz

Naismith

Jelavic

Would love to see Davis in the middle and Naismith on the right.

That's exactly how i see it. Yes i would love to see McMillan or Perry but McCoist is under serious pressure and there is no way he is going to put in some young kids in real key positions for such an important game.

My only slight concern though is that McCulloch is fit and as we all know when he is fit a place is found for him regardless of where it is.

Ness is my hunch to drop out in favour of "experience" which would be the wrong move and could cost us the midfield battle. Ness is much more composed on the ball and far more clever with it plus his range of passing is better.

Playing McCulloch and Edu tonight will show McCoist has not learned the lessons of Malmo and i fear a similar fate if that proves to be how we line up.

If Jamie Ness is dropped for Lee McCulloch it'll say everything we need to know about Ally McCoist reign here.

However I've got a feeling Ally will have a positive selection tonight and we'll get a really good result tonight. A similar performance to the one in Inverness then I think we'll nick it 2-1.

If Jamie Ness is dropped for Lee McCulloch it'll say everything we need to know about Ally McCoist reign here.

However I've got a feeling Ally will have a positive selection tonight and we'll get a really good result tonight. A similar performance to the one in Inverness then I think we'll nick it 2-1.

Call me cynical but McCoist was asked about the injured players and he said this about McCulloch and his chances of playing tonight....McCoist said: "David Weir hasn't travelled but Lee McCulloch is back with us and looks as though he will be fit to be involved.

That in my eyes means McCulloch will play either in defence or midfield and i fear it will be midfield with Ness dropping to the bench as a result. I cannot see him dropping Edu or Ortiz can you?

I think your right Adoniram :anguish:

What crucifies us in Europe even against mediocre opposition is the lack of real pace and mobility in all areas of the team but more especially in midfield. Too often we see the posession stats and inevitably we are lagging behind almost every team we play in Europe.

And the reason is the lack of pace,mobility and technical ability of the players we deploy in this area.

Tonight will probably be no exception should he go with Davis,Edu,McCulloch,Ortiz and Naismith as i suspect he will.

Just look at Goian for an example of how comfortable he is with the ball at his feet and his refusal to just hump it up the park. Or indeed young Ness who gets the ball kills it stone dead and then looks for the pass to a team mate instantly.

Hopefully with the addition of McKay and Bedoya to play with Ness and Davis we will see this area improve.

Until then i think it's going to be our usual European performance and result. Low scoring game with the best being a 1-1 draw.

If he does then he deserves a kick in the stones.

Ness was outstanding against Calley at the weekend and looks as if he's only going to get better.