Broadfoot Goian Bocanegra Wallace

Ortiz Davis Ness Edu Naismith

Jelavic

What I expect to see:

McGregor

Davis Edu Ness McCulloch Ortiz

Jelavic

I'll be surprised if Rangers come away from Slovenia in the lead. I think this'll fizz out into a bore 0-0 draw.

I think he will too, but thats something I don't want to see.

The guy probably hasn't even trained with us yet.

It will certainly help that his native tongue is English but as you say, he probably wouldnt have had a training session yet with the lads. I dont know DBBTB, i can definetely see Ally playing him. Im probably wrong, its just a hunch.

It will certainly help that his native tongue is English but as you say, he probably wouldnt have had a training session yet with the lads. I dont know DBBTB, i can definetely see Ally playing him. Im probably wrong, its just a hunch.

I think he'll play too.

We would have signed him at 10:15 at night if we didn't plan to play him today :lol:

It's a risky decision and I just hope it doesn't backfire.

Bocanegra seems to be a very intelligent player so I'm not too weary of him starting alongside Goian tonight. I think, if anything, he'll add more stability to the back-line.

What I'd pick:

McGregor

Ortiz Davis Ness Edu Naismith

Jelavic

What I expect to see:

McGregor

Davis Edu Ness McCulloch Ortiz

Jelavic

I'll be surprised if Rangers come away from Slovenia in the lead. I think this'll fizz out into a bore 0-0 draw.

Wheres Naisy? <cr>

Any reason why you think Ally would drop one of our most important players in Naismith?

I can't see him playing Naismith ahead of Ortiz on the left, as stupid as that is.

He'll sacrifice that place for Edu in the middle. Obviously, I'll be delighted if I'm wrong.

I don't think Bocanegra will start after reading this

However, each team is only allowed one "wild card" signing ahead of the qualifiers and McCoist decided to hand that to Bocanegra.

Bocanegra left his home near Lyon in the early hours of Thursday morning, flying to Frankfurt then Graz before being driven to the team's base in Slovenia.

He arrived just before 11am local time

That's a shit lot of traveling to do before your first game with your new team which is a crunch european game away in Slovenia

Wheres Naisy? <cr>

Ortiz seems glued to that left wing in every McCoist selection. If he was to finally drop Ortiz then I'd be delighted and that would leave a space open for Naismith who should obviously be starting.

I just think that with Edu inevitably playing in the middle tonight that it leaves McCoist a choice to sacrifice one or the other and he seems to have fallen in love with playing Ortiz out of the position on the left-hand side.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not crazy. I'd start Naismith.

Pretty certain Ness or McCulloch would drop out for Naismith. He could also play Ness and McCulloch as the defensive 2 and Naismith, Edu and Davis ahead of those 2.

Here's hoping.

I also think Bocanegra has a good chance of playing tonight. He is 32 and vastly experienced so slotting him in to the middle of defence shouldn't be a problem. Although my gut instinct tells me he will go with McCulloch in beside Goian and have Bocanegra on the bench in case McCulloch's injiry flares up again.

And Naismith will play of that i have no doubts.