***The Official Motherwell vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

Pleased with that, two good goals, and an all round decent game from the majority of the team. Perry has been brilliant, winning a lot of tackles and covering for McMillan well. Think we sometimes are missing someone closing their midfield down, Jennings and Lasley at times were passing it about freely.

Give Lafferty a wee while longer, give Fleck a run out.

Some great stuff being played here by both sides. Motherwell still a danger though, but we look pretty comfortable. Perry doing a great job alongside Goian. Every man seems to be sticking to his job and we're playing as a unit.

Only half time, but we will be comfortable if we keep this level of performance up. Did I see Fleck getting stripped just before HT?? Surely to replace Lafferty if he needs to come off, with Naisy going up top??

I guess it's not really the time to slag McCulloch and Edu, but just how much better do we look without them in the team? Our midfield is about 5 times more creative, and despite all the fuss about how we need 'an enforcer' we're still holding our own with 2 creatives players in CM

Our best 45 minutes of the season by far. Defence looks quite shaky but we look brilliant going forward, and it begs the question why Ally thought we needed to be so negative in the earlier games.

Is anyone still doubting Kyle Lafferty? 9 goals in his last 11 SPL games

My thread about his performance in Maribor has been well and truly fucked. He's been great today. We're playing like we were at the end of last season.

Probably because Ortiz was doing the things he's good at, playing on the right side, centrally, finding a player with an excellent pass. He neither has the skill to beat a man or the pace to go past a man on the wing; he looks decent centrally because he was always this type of player. Being described as a winger did him no justice and a disservice as he is about as far from a winger as you could imagine as he offers us no width! We could really do with a talented pacey winger with some skill and trickery because we lack width so badly, someone to provide service.

I think ortiz has done ok so far today . Imo its no coincedence that he seems more comfortable not only on the right hand side , but also in a more attack minded set up . He also has a responsibility on the defensive side with young Jordan at rb .

Because players immediately adjust to a new league...

Give the guy a chance to settle in.

Well said mate! The SPL is far faster and more physical than La liga he will need time to adjust but i guarantee it will happen and he will be a very important player for us