Sign in to follow this  
Muff

***The Official Motherwell vs. The Rangers Thread***

Best time to score tbh. What a team we are without Mcculloch. Lafferty finishing superbly after a missing a great chance. Perry looking very comfortable which is good.

Best time to score tbh. What a team we are without Mcculloch. Lafferty finishing superbly after a missing a great chance. Perry looking very comfortable which is good.

without Edu as well :D

Probably because Ortiz was doing the things he's good at, playing on the right side, centrally, finding a player with an excellent pass. He neither has the skill to beat a man or the pace to go past a man on the wing; he looks decent centrally because he was always this type of player. Being described as a winger did him no justice and a disservice as he is about as far from a winger as you could imagine as he offers us no width! We could really do with a talented pacey winger with some skill and trickery because we lack width so badly, someone to provide service.

I think ortiz has done ok so far today . Imo its no coincedence that he seems more comfortable not only on the right hand side , but also in a more attack minded set up . He also has a responsibility on the defensive side with young Jordan at rb .

People are saying the defence is shaky, but it's looked okay for me.

McMillan is clearly a superior footballer to Broadfoot and Perry looks like he's played in there for years.

Wallace - fantastic as per.

The whole in need for a tough tackling holding DM enforcer is a load of nonsense which I've debated all summer.

Davis can play the holding role keeping things ticking over whilst allowing an attacking player like Naismith to get forward.

The only times we would need that tough tackling midfielder is against Celtic or in Europe.

Because players immediately adjust to a new league...

Give the guy a chance to settle in.

Well said mate! The SPL is far faster and more physical than La liga he will need time to adjust but i guarantee it will happen and he will be a very important player for us

McMillan is clearly a superior footballer to Broadfoot and Perry looks like he's played in there for years.

Would agree with all bar the last part mate. Think he has been beaten too easily a couple of times from Humphrey, but apart from that he's had a solid game.

I wouldn't call it shakey and I think some people on here either just worry too much or have become so used to seeing us with a packed midfield. There is obviously more room in front of the back four but in the main we've coped with that, scored two goals and even if Motherwell have had spells of possession they haven't done anything with it. Now we just need to go out in the second half and keep playing like this.

And we might even start to see some positive posts on here again! :craphead:

The worst thing is that Edu and McCulloch will walk back into the side no questions asked.

I think the best we can hope for is that Ally only plays one of them (almost certainly McCulloch)

Where is the big guy today anyway?

Looks good today but he has to stop put his arms all over Humphrey and getting too close to him becase Humphrey has turned him easily a few times because of it.

I agree about the other 2 players though.

its the way we're letting them free roam about the box, all it takes is one miss timed tackle nd its a penalty.

That's the midfield's fault.

We aren't closing them down enough. Which is odd, as we're getting chances when we do.

Settling into a new league doesn't warrant for shit balls into the box and not being able to beat a player.

It took about 6 months for Mark Hately to win over the Rangers fans. It can certain players longer than other to settle in.