*** The Official Rangers Vs. Nk Maribor Thread ***

Jamie1807

I think McCulloch and Edu will come back in.

McGregor

McMillan Goian Bocanegra Wallace

Davis McCulloch Edu Wylde

Jelavic Lafferty

I think if this happens the atmosphere, and doom shall then be transmitted on to the Pitch ,and in turn will go to the Players .We cant afford big Lee. No passengers please Ally.

We really must be a bit more attack minded in this game ,but obviously keep it tight at the back, and just probe Maribor .

They where week down the left side First half last week, so that may be an area we could exploit only, if Wylde is linking up with Wallace.

If we can get those Two to link up then keep it tight the other side, I am sure we can beat them.

Goalkeeper was a bit iffy too, shots on sight . With Jela and big Kyle at crosses, and Corners I think he will crack. IMO. Gers to win 2-0

I would start:

McGregor

Ortiz Davis Naismith Wylde

Jelavic Lafferty

I really can't see anything but a Rangers win. Maribor are awful and I know Rangers aren't in any position to take any team for advantage after the extremely poor start to the season but if McCoist puts the squad out to attack from the off then I thoroughly believe Maribor will be beaten pretty comfortably.

Hello from Maribor!!!

I saw you had a good game, 0:3 is nice. But Maribor also played a great match, we won 6:0. You can see some highlights here: http://www.prvaliga.si/Tekma/Zapisnik/?id_tekme=9150

or on the clubs offical website.

We all know you have the better team, but we have a great run right now and I am sure we gone score at least 1 goal or maybe more, so it will be all up to your team and how many times you gone score. But we are highly motivated and plus that our captain is returning - the best man on the team.

I am sure its gonna be a great match.

Have some links of your match?

See you in 3 days....

MARIBOR Å AMPION!!!

Welcome Mr Maribor.

Honestly think your team will suffer a bad defeat on thursday due to the pressure being placed on Scottish teams in europe.

My prediction is 4-0.

hmm difficult to predict the starting 11..

It would not surprise me to see Broadfoot in @ RB. EDU in for Naisey and McCulloch in too dropping Wylde.

I really hope not. We will of course struggle if that's the case.

I can live with Edu in for Naisey and leave the rest alone.

Quick goal (1st 10 mins) and we stroll through this match. 2-0 up at the half. Could end up 4 or 5.

But I'd settle for 1-0. But I really have a good feeling that we will pump them.

McGregor

Ortiz Davis Naismith Wylde

Jelavic Lafferty

Boca comes in with the only change for me (tu) Just to add a bit more experiance for McMillan and Wylde.

A wiser man than myself once said "if it's not broke dont fix it" so please take heed MrMcCoist !!

As far as i'm concerned we played the best football we have all season on sunday. Naismith was supoib in the middle, his energy, hi drive, closing people done, driving forward, everything about his play was top drawer from where I was watching. Now maybe i'm wrong here but having someone like that beside him with that energy seemed to bring the best out in Davis as he had an outstanding game also. If McCoist decides to put the carthorse that is McCulloch or the lazy useless twat Edu in beside Davis on Thursday then I fear the worst, its back to the same lathargic midfield engine.

Nope for me Naismith has to keep his place in the middle for the time being with Lafferty and Jelavic up top (a partnership that seems to get better with every game).

As for the defence, no disrespect to young Perry (I thought he had a magnificent game) but I would bring in Boca for this one just for a bit of experiance but the lad will get his chance in Europe soon enough.

Prediction time.....

Same as sunday (well sort of) and I can us winning by two or three easy, but if McCoist brings back Edu and McCulloch then we will struggle imo.

A wiser man than myself once said "if it's not broke dont fix it" so please take heed MrMcCoist !!

As far as i'm concerned we played the best football we have all season on sunday. Naismith was supoib in the middle, his energy, hi drive, closing people done, driving forward, everything about his play was top drawer from where I was watching. Now maybe i'm wrong here but having someone like that beside him with that energy seemed to bring the best out in Davis as he had an outstanding game also. If McCoist decides to put the carthorse that is McCulloch or the lazy useless twat Edu in beside Davis on Thursday then I fear the worst, its back to the same lathargic midfield engine.

Nope for me Naismith has to keep his place in the middle for the time being with Lafferty and Jelavic up top (a partnership that seems to get better with every game).

As for the defence, no disrespect to young Perry (I thought he had a magnificent game) but I would bring in Boca for this one just for a bit of experiance but the lad will get his chance in Europe soon enough.

Prediction time.....

Same as sunday (well sort of) and I can us winning by two or three easy, but if McCoist brings back Edu and McCulloch then we will struggle imo.

Naisy won't be playing as he is suspended mate