Deadline Day Transfers Thread

Skelf

I'm really worried that we won't sign anyone at all! I hope we don't pay £1m for an overweight 31 year old Greek who has had problems with his Knee. I would rather buy potential than him. Our dealings this Summer have been a disgrace and a complete farce from the out set. We have went public with our targets far too early and missed out on them, We offered Craig Conway £6'000 a week and Cardiff offered £12'000

Its time to up our efforts Whyte needs to spend or i fear for our season.

I'm really worried that we won't sign anyone at all! I hope we don't pay £1m for an overweight 31 year old Greek who has had problems with his Knee. I would rather buy potential than him. Our dealings this Summer have been a disgrace and a complete farce from the out set. We have went public with our targets far too early and missed out on them, We offered Craig Conway £6'000 a week and Cardiff offered £12'000

Its time to up our efforts Whyte needs to spend or i fear for our season.

We never offered Craig Conway a contract at all doh

He was at Murray park and that was the verbal deal he was offered, Trust me on this. It looks better for us to say we never offered him a contract when in fact we missed out because we couldn't pay anymore.

you do realise a verbal offer is not an offer? If you think Craig Conways is worth 12k p/w i will take an ounce of whatever you are on

He was at Murray park and that was the verbal deal he was offered, Trust me on this. It looks better for us to say we never offered him a contract when in fact we missed out because we couldn't pay anymore.

Verbal ? So where was the dotted line he could sign on ?

Couldn't or wouldn't?

I wouldn't give Craig Conway 6k a week, so I think we were being generous with that one..

A verbal offer is what happens everytime a player moves, They dont post contract offers to players so that its a nice surprise opening their mail after they've eaten their cornflakes! it Always starts with a verbal offer, Conway would've been a great player for us maybe not worth 12 grand but got to be worth more than 6

A verbal offer is what happens everytime a player moves, They dont post contract offers to players so that its a nice surprise opening their mail after they've eaten their cornflakes! it Always starts with a verbal offer, Conway would've been a great player for us maybe not worth 12 grand but got to be worth more than 6

Nobody suggested it was mailed either <cr>

Informal talks were held, nothing else. No official ofer was made.

I'm a little worried that Celtic look about to "strengthen" again (I can't say i know either of the players) while all is quiet on out front.

A good striker is top of the list - someone who can get 15 goals, who can fill in for Jel/Laff and who offers something different to them, a guy that can damage teams comming from the bench.

A left-winger/attacking mid would give us more options/service/idea's when attacking - we look stale and rusty going forward.

Will we see anyone?.......maybe a loan to appease the restless natives but I can't see us spending any money - we've known just about every other move Rangers have made for a player.

Mate im not being funny here but who is the other guy they want? I read about the wank from Maritimo but what about the other guy who is he? Or is this the guy that was on loan in the Swedish 3rd division?

How hectic is it gonna be tomorrow

Personally I think at least 3 will be coming in and I expect us to go back for Murray Davidson again

And Diouf of course

Thoughts?

Has he not just been ruled out for 2months with a knee injury?If so be no point signin him at the moment.

St Johnstone's Murray Davidson suffers injury blow that could rule him out for two months

Aug 27 2011

ST JOHNSTONE midfielder Murray Davidson has been ruled out for two months with a knee injury.

The Scotland squad man damaged ligaments in Saints' 3-0 League Cup win at home to Livingston on Wednesday and limped off before the break.

Perth gaffer Derek McInnes confirmed the 23-year-old Rangers target would be out for up to eight weeks.

McInnes said: "It's a blow for everyone. He played so well in our 1-0 win over Celtic and it's a setback for him.

"But he won't let this affect him. He's down at the moment but he has a tremendous appetite and enthusiasm for the game."

Record

Thought i read it sum where so that rules him out.

Mate im not being funny here but who is the other guy they want? I read about the wank from Maritimo but what about the other guy who is he? Or is this the guy that was on loan in the Swedish 3rd division?

Mohamed Bangura from AIK Stockholm is the other player i think he means mate

Cuellar? whats happening with him? Is villa not looking rid of him. We have the left mid sorted with McKay coming in, would like a centre half, centre mid, and a forward. Never gonna happen tho. I wouldn't be surprised if no one come in.

<cr>