***Craig Whyte thread***

JackAlex93

Or a real bid that Rangers wont release details to the media whilst Jela is away on international duty so not to unsettle the player?

Do you people not remember last year when he pretty much forced through a transfer from Austrian Wein to us because he seen as a "Step Up". If a team came in with a bid who Jela would have seen as a step up and he knew who the team was he would hand in a transfer request. Ally could maybe just be actually waiting till Jela is back with the squad before telling him which team came in with a bid...

Another reason that many doubt that any bid was actually made.

Or a real bid that Rangers wont release details to the media whilst Jela is away on international duty so not to unsettle the player?

Do you people not remember last year when he pretty much forced through a transfer from Austrian Wein to us because he seen as a "Step Up". If a team came in with a bid who Jela would have seen as a step up and he knew who the team was he would hand in a transfer request. Ally could maybe just be actually waiting till Jela is back with the squad before telling him which team came in with a bid...

What difference does it make if he is on international duty or not? Just because they didn't let the public/media know who the bid was from doesn't mean Jelavic wouldn't know, I'd be pretty sure he would know of any bids in for him, he has every right to know.

I wasn't really saying it was my view on the situation just that it could happen, someone on here called this type of situation a couple of weeks ago and it's not 1 that would surprise me.

Whyte said he would put up money for the team. He has allowed Ally to bring in 7 new players. Whyte didn't scout them. Ally must have given his backing to these signings. Dundee Utd said they would take £2m for Goodwillie but changed their minds probably due to pressure from their bank as they owe a fair amount and have no cash. If the rape issue hadn't been in the background Goodwillie would probably be at Ibrox for less than £2m some time ago. In the end, Utd decided to sell him to Blackburn as they pushed the player in that direction. Ally re-signed Healy and Weir. Extended contracts given to a fair number of players which will probably include significant lump sum payments.

If Whyte hadn't bought the Club exactly where do you think we would be if Lloyds were still holding the purse strings? Improved contracts for players? Yeh right!! Davis, McGregor and Jelavic would have been sold to pay off debt and probably at bargain prices. Others may have followed particularly as Ally managed to get us out of Europe twice in one month.

I think Ally is on probation and if things go badly he will be replaced at Christmas and some cash will be made available for the replacement to use in the January transfer window.

I'm delighted Jelavic is still here & Whyte has kept our main assets by offering them 5 year deals.

But i'm also kinda gutted we never signed another striker. Why cancel Beatties contract when the window closed? Surley we could have used his wages to get an EPL striker on loan that isn't in a teams 25 man squad?

Also missed out big time on Estagaribbia (sp) a real winger with a great deal of talent.

He should have supplied Ally with some cash for a striker. Also I don't think we'll ever get £9 million for Jelavic in the future, but would like to be proved wrong when the time comes.

The way I'm trying to see it is that if jela fires us to four in a row and we get all 12 million in champions league money next season, provided we qualify, it's worth it.

All if's and but's I know, but I've had a few beers since the window shut and I'm absolutely delighted we've kept Jela!

:praise: :jelavic:

He might not of spent millions.... But we are in a far better place now than 6months ago. those people moaning that he hasn't spent enough should just remember. He has saved us from Lloyds handed out new 5/6year deals to Scotlands number one Keeper and the SPL'S best midfielder, He has also put us in a position were we can reject big money bids.

None of this would of been possible 6months ago, All our big stars would have been gone and Ally would of been left with just kids. Ask whatever questions you want of whyte, the simple fact is IF Ally cant win the SPL with the squad he has, he doesn't deserve to be manager of our club.

The focus should now be on Ally. Can he deliver the goods?

Yes he saved us from Llyods but he has not in my opinion moved the club forward in a way I was hoping and expecting with the interviews he was giving. Promises of front loaded cash on top of 5m should never have been promised if it was never going to be delivered on. Id also like to know where the cash that we where using to bid for Goodwillie went. Clearly if we were bidding for him it meant we where looking for a striker but when that deal fell through we cooled off on the striker option, why?

We do have part's to thank but like skinny mate has said above, it's the false promises that have pissed me off and large bid's going in for player's and not getting any of them, only £300-400k signings.

On the nuts.

If he had come out and said that his first priority was to get our financial house in order, so don't expect too much in the way of new signings etc., then I think today would have went down a whole lot better with the support.

Why weren't all our big stars sold off last season when we were 'under the bank'?

Why did that self-same bank sanction the purchase of Jelavic if they were so determined to re-coup their money as quickly as possible with little or no consideration to the team or it's results?

Yes he saved us from Llyods but he has not in my opinion moved the club forward in a way I was hoping and expecting with the interviews he was giving. Promises of front loaded cash on top of 5m should never have been promised if it was never going to be delivered on. Id also like to know where the cash that we where using to bid for Goodwillie went. Clearly if we were bidding for him it meant we where looking for a striker but when that deal fell through we cooled off on the striker option, why?

Exactly this mate.

If he had just said look, priority keeping squad together on new contracts with some fringe players coming in, then so be it.

But he never, promised 5 mill, and I beleive this was the condition SDM sold on, and then some , 15 mill top loaded.

No need for that and right up there with moonbeams "for every fiver" pish.

Not impressed so far, and I think there is friction between him and Ally. All of his top targets have failed in embarassing fashion and I beleive Whyte has flinched on his deal.

Time will tell bears, but Ally is equally to blame for the Europe fiasco. A lesson he wont have learned from as he has been waxing lyrical about the return of JIG.

Why weren't all our big stars sold off last season when we were 'under the bank'?

Why did that self-same bank sanction the purchase of Jelavic if they were so determined to re-coup their money as quickly as possible with little or no consideration to the team or it's results?

Something I wonder about too. Also what happened to the deal that meant we where paying back the debt at 1 million a year???

As they weren't at other clubs, it's a moot point.

If Whyte hadn't taken over, they would be at other clubs now. Hardly a moot point.

Mr Whytes doing just fine in my book. Tied up Greegsy, Whittaker and Davis. Brought in 7 new players. Lost Bouggy (and Weiss & Diouf who were not our players).

He's certainly strengthened the team that won the SPL last season. Of that there is no doubt.

Just curious, did the balance of last years CL money come in before or after Whyte took over ?

We had a budget plan imposed by the bank and adhered to it.

still made false promises and im not happy about that

The only promise Iam going by Is whyte promised 5million a season. I dont for one second think, Whyte has said to anyone that Ally has 15million to spend. If he did say that then.it's gonna stay with him.

Whyte also said by the end of the window Ally will have a strong squad. I think he does have a squad that should be good enough to win the title