***Craig Whyte thread***

JackAlex93

The only promise Iam going by Is whyte promised 5million a season. I dont for one second think, Whyte has said to anyone that Ally has 15million to spend. If he did say that then.it's gonna stay with him.

Whyte also said by the end of the window Ally will have a strong squad. I think he does have a squad that should be good enough to win the title

im a bit pissed off so i may have exaggeratted but he did say this -- "Ive said that we will spend £25 million over 5 years on the playing squad. I need to have a discussion with Ally and see if some of that needs to be front ended, so maybe we can spend a little bit more for next season if that's necessary"

now we spent something like 1.2 million net . and i highly doubt that ally never wanted anymore players in . we needed a striker and ally must have identified more than 2 in hemed or goodwillie . he was hopefull of getting 1 or 2 more players .

we apparently bid £100k for that tsabalala and were looking to offer him less than he was currently getting just now . i know rags spout some pish but its not exactly the first time we have heard stories like that in this window. if it is true then im embarressed

i seriously doubt ally is happy as well

If Whyte hadn't taken over, they would be at other clubs now. Hardly a moot point.

Mr Whytes doing just fine in my book. Tied up Greegsy, Whittaker and Davis. Brought in 7 new players. Lost Bouggy (and Weiss & Diouf who were not our players).

He's certainly strengthened the team that won the SPL last season. Of that there is no doubt.

No he hasnt, not in a fucking million years.

Last season we had a wiley old manager who knew what it woul take to get us over the line.

This season we have a rookie manager who imo has done well domestically so far due to injuries and suspensions to his favourites.

Beleive me, when all fit and able the same old routine will be played out and we will drop points.

Last season - jela gets injured, step up and play kenny Miller..which he did.

Who's going to do that this season? Have Lafferty and Naismith nmanaged to score against the scum yet between them?

Gian - Great signing, but injury prone.

Bartley - again, big fan but too injury prone, wont last the season I fear.

Oritz - Pish, up there with LeGuens signings. Techinically good and would be better in a more technical league, waste of a jersey up here.

Bedoya and McKay - time will tell. But I am not getting overly excited, even big jig looks great in Youtube vids. McKay is good, but is a total footballer, could be dragged down by the likes of Jig and Edu.

Wallace - good, not great. Will be on the bench when Sasa is back.

Becanya (cant be fucked with the spelling) - Crushingly average so far.

Losing Hutton and Fleck has been dissapointing as I think Fleck behind Jela could have been a find this season. jela is screaming out for a player who can link with on the deck.

Why weren't all our big stars sold off last season when we were 'under the bank'?

Why did that self-same bank sanction the purchase of Jelavic if they were so determined to re-coup their money as quickly as possible with little or no consideration to the team or it's results?

We sold thomson and Wilson to pay for Jelavic. So in away the bank never really lost money, whilst we had CL money coming in

Then we made over 1million for the cup game v Celtic. then we sold KM and walter got a little amount of his wage to get EHD.

So over the last 2years Lloyds bank have been getting loads of money coming in.

If they were still in charge right now Davis, McGregor Jelavic would all be gone

If Whyte hadn't taken over, they would be at other clubs now. Hardly a moot point.

You don't know that, so why state it as fact?

Mr Whytes doing just fine in my book. Tied up Greegsy, Whittaker and Davis. Brought in 7 new players. Lost Bouggy (and Weiss & Diouf who were not our players).

He's certainly strengthened the team that won the SPL last season. Of that there is no doubt.

Of course there's doubt, just because you don't have any doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

We sold thomson and Wilson to pay for Jelavic. So in away the bank never really lost money, whilst we had CL money coming in

Then we made over 1million for the cup game v Celtic. then we sold KM and walter got a little amount of his wage to get EHD.

So over the last 2years Lloyds bank have been getting loads of money coming in.

If they were still in charge right now Davis, McGregor Jelavic would all be gone

You have failed to answer both the questions I asked, so I'll take that as you not having the answer to either. (tu)

Gian - Great signing, but injury prone.

Bartley - again, big fan but too injury prone, wont last the season I fear.

Oritz - Pish, up there with LeGuens signings. Techinically good and would be better in a more technical league, waste of a jersey up here.

Bedoya and McKay - time will tell. But I am not getting overly excited, even big jig looks great in Youtube vids. McKay is good, but is a total footballer, could be dragged down by the likes of Jig and Edu.

Wallace - good, not great. Will be on the bench when Sasa is back.

Becanya (cant be fucked with the spelling) - Crushingly average so far.

Losing Hutton and Fleck has been dissapointing as I think Fleck behind Jela could have been a find this season. jela is screaming out for a player who can link with on the deck.

Goian - Top player, strolled through the first 4 games with ease.

Bartley - We all know how good a player he is, a tad injury prone but will be fine, especially with the cover we have for CB.

Ortiz - Good player, give him time to settle into the country and the way we play, after all you can't expect a player to move thousands of miles not speak the language and instantly become brilliant in that country.

Bedoya - Soon find out, from what I've heard and seen he looks a top addition.

McKay - Same as Bedoya really, got some international experience with the Aussies.

Wallace - Better than papac by a mile, I personally wouldn't have him on the bench, mainly down to the fast of papac being shite, everyone comments on his consistency, I personally don't rate him at all.

Bocanegra - Old, experienced player, captain of the USA. Good addition.

Hutton - Wasn't going to get a run of games in the SPL, will get that down with SU.

Fleck - The same, this really is make or break for fleck, he needs to impress down there for me.

I personally am quite pleased with how Mr Whyte has gone about everything, 25m over 5seasons that doesn't mean he has to spend exactly 5m a season.

Yes he saved us from Llyods but he has not in my opinion moved the club forward in a way I was hoping and expecting with the interviews he was giving. Promises of front loaded cash on top of 5m should never have been promised if it was never going to be delivered on. Id also like to know where the cash that we where using to bid for Goodwillie went. Clearly if we were bidding for him it meant we where looking for a striker but when that deal fell through we cooled off on the striker option, why?

Maybe strikers we wanted were not available. Maybe out with our budget. Maybe they said no thanks. I for one am glad we ain't signing strikers just for the sake of it. Maybe ally thinks alot of hemmings? Maybe he sees the year long loan for fleck as the answer for next season. Also. We have jelavic, lafferty Healy and naismith. We may only be playing with one up top with Wylde bedoya and Naismith pushin forward from the middle. Maybe intention was goody in jelavic out for a profit.

So, Mr Whyte has provided funds to secure the long term contracts of our most important players and povided further funds to go and secure a further 6 new signings. Isn't that what we wanted him to do. Also any further revenue streams ie Europe were cut short due to our ineptitude during the qualification rounds, again not Mr Whtyes fault.

Or ....

Ally came in knowing that he ws losing a few players who we had On loan, we then then dithered in the transfer Market, making incremental bids for players who were key to our rebuilding plans and subsequently losing out because other teams then swooped in with bigger bids which couldn't/wouldn't match.

The players we missed out on would have improve both the squad and our chances of Europe.

So, for you, which is it?

"Ive said that we will spend £25 million over 5 years on the playing squad. I need to have a discussion with Ally and see if some of that needs to be front ended, so maybe we can spend a little bit more for next season if that's necessary"

MONEY IN

Boogie - £1,700,000

Charlie Adam - £800,000 ish

TOTAL = £2,500,000

MONEY OUT

Wallace - £1,500,000

Goian - £ 800,000

Ortiz - £ 400,000

Bocanegra - £ 400,000

Bedoya - £300,000

McKay - £300,000

TOTAL = £3,700,000

Front ended spend from £25,000,000 = £1,200,000 :anguish:

Im sorry, but that just doesnt cut it with me. I was very wary from the off and others convinced me to give the man some time to prove me wrong. He hasnt.

A man of honour lives and dies by his words. 3 months into the job and he has already failed to deliver. (tu)

You started a thread a couple of days ago,wanting to know how we are going to make up a £30 million shortfall in our accounts,which you think will be there next year. Now your wanting to know why we didn't spend millions more in this transfer window.

I really don't know where your coming from. Do you want us to spend millions.or make up this shortfall?

While I was delighted at the contracts being sorted for McGregor, Davis, and maybe one or two others I was cautiously optimistic that we would have had a fit, young big name CB and a cover for Jelavic. Those were my main hopes.

What we actually seemed to get were stop-gap buys of players who were flexible and affordable, we also had contract extensions for Whittaker and Weir which seems somehow wasteful. We should have sold him to Turkey (Whittaker I mean) and moved Weir upstairs.

The sensible buys for the future were Lee Wallace and Bedoya and that looks like the best business we might have done but so much more should have been done and spent to ensure we made CL or at least progressed in Europe to ensure financial benefits.

The future is less rosy unless we buy in the next window with an eye on the long-term future of Rangers. What we have will most-likely see us through. Decent players. Very good team when all are fit and playing well. The problems start to kick in when all our defenders are walking around like extras from World War Z.

If Whyte and McCoist don't bring in some younger players with proven pedigree in the next window we may see a decline at Rangers.

Nice try Ace but this is two sides of the same agreement

Why did we not bring in the correct players sooner before the first European deadline? WS was telling us before he left this team was not good enough and on its last legs yet we failed to act promptly to secure the players we had identified at the end of last season. We conducted our business in a shambolic amateur way with our derisory offers, and even after our first European exit we still should little urgency to remain in Europe we bough players who were ineligible but were the right price! The desire was not there to either to spend money or back our manager

I don`t think Walter would be happily sitting back and excepted his fate If Ally succeeds it will be by his own hand and not from the little backing he`s had from Whyte and his empty promises

Whyte failed to invest we failed to progress

You started a thread a couple of days ago,wanting to know how we are going to make up a £30 million shortfall in our accounts,which you think will be there next year. Now your wanting to know why we didn't spend millions more in this transfer window.

I really don't know where your coming from. Do you want us to spend millions.or make up this shortfall?

I'm simply stating we have been lied to. The transfer money was supposed to be coming from WHYTE, not RANGERS. There is a huge difference between the two. If Whyte was banking on us getting to champions league before spending then that tells me the intention was always the money coming from RANGERS and not WHYTE.

The real WHYTE has stood up. The "procurement" for transfers was never coming out of his pocket. If people can't see that now we've only spent a million pounds, then they will never see it.

"Ive said that we will spend £25 million over 5 years on the playing squad. I need to have a discussion with Ally and see if some of that needs to be front ended, so maybe we can spend a little bit more for next season if that's necessary"

MONEY IN

Boogie - £1,700,000

TOTAL = £2,500,000

MONEY OUT

Wallace - £1,500,000

Goian - £ 800,000

Ortiz - £ 400,000

Bocanegra - £ 400,000

Bedoya - £300,000

McKay - £300,000

TOTAL = £3,700,000

Im sorry, but that just doesnt cut it with me. I was very wary from the off and others convinced me to give the man some time to prove me wrong. He hasnt.

A man of honour lives and dies by his words. 3 months into the job and he has already failed to deliver. (tu)

Caller........are you accusing the wee London Gang-Hut leader of "spivery"? :sherlock:

I thought that was my job. :rolleyes:

Cost US or cost WHYTE.

Why do people keep on ignoring the fact that Whytes talk of investment or procurement was from external sources ffs.

Cost us ? so where was the Miller contract money coming from , from us and it wasn't enough to offer a good deal , Whyte comes in and Davis , Mcgregor and Whittaker all get new bumper deals , was this taken from the US pot that couldn't afford Miller ?

Cost us ? so where was the Miller contract money coming from , from us and it wasn't enough to offer a good deal , Whyte comes in and Davis , Mcgregor and Whittaker all get new bumper deals , was this taken from the US pot that couldn't afford Miller ?

I would understand your point if I was in anyway comparing with our old regime but as I am not, your point is not valid.

Look, he lied to the fans by saying we were debt free giving most fans a lift only to pull the rug a month later with a circular that proved we were not debt free.

He lied to the fans about front ending some money yo boost the squad giving most fans a lift only to pull the rug 2 months later by spending only a million.

What's the next lie? The tax case????

You know something, see if he had came in and said "look, the club has been left in quite a mess and it's clear the club was not been well run. What I'm going to do is to try and get a bit of stability by securing some of our players on longer contracts then wheeling and dealing in the market to try and bolster an ailing squad, then work on reducing as much debt as possible out of the books whilst encouraging Ally to utilize some if our excellent youth talent" I would be sitting here right now in a wholly different place.

And I would be backing the above to the hilt. (tu)

Whyte will be delighted this morning. There has been interest in Jellyfish, abeit from a lesser-known English club in a lower division, which would have given us a 50% increase in what we paid for him a year ago - he probably expected a larger bid from said club (or others) and when that didn't happen he probably figured that the whole circus will appear again in January.

He didn't have to flex his wallet (does he own a wallet?) and will believe the troops (us) will apparently be happy that the club has shown some resolve to keep its top names.

Meanwhile the £25m pot is now down to £23.5m by my reckoning.

I think I'll keep a running tab on this one...........just out of interest and in the name of 'spivery' you understand. :sherlock:

MONEY IN

Boogie - £1,700,000

TOTAL = £2,500,000

MONEY OUT

Wallace - £1,500,000

Goian - £ 800,000

Ortiz - £ 400,000

Bocanegra - £ 400,000

Bedoya - £300,000

McKay - £300,000

TOTAL = £3,700,000

AGAIN YOU NEED TO READ THE SHAREHOLDERS CIRCULAR , for in there they say the will invest OR PROCURE investment of 25 Million by 2016 , if you want a copy e mailed contact me on sales@saltiretrading.co.uk and anyone else who wants a copy

Oh get a grip, we've not spent 5 million so the guys an arsehole? He's failed? Fuck off!! Even if we haven't spent what you expected, we have kept our big names and added a few players to a squad which is more than adequate to win this league! How many Rangers fans would have turned that down 6 months ago? Aye we need a striker but the squad we have can still do the job!!

Another one that needs to read the June shareholders circular.

Whyte will be delighted this morning. There has been interest in Jellyfish, abeit from a lesser-known English club in a lower division, which would have given us a 50% increase in what we paid for him a year ago - he probably expected a larger bid from said club (or others) and when that didn't happen he probably figured that the whole circus will appear again in January.

He didn't have to flex his wallet (does he own a wallet?) and will believe the troops (us) will apparently be happy that the club has shown some resolve to keep its top names.

Meanwhile the £25m pot is now down to £23.5m by my reckoning.

I think I'll keep a running tab on this one...........just out of interest and in the name of 'spivery' you understand. :sherlock:

You complained about Murray now you complain about Whyte... are you ever happy?