***Craig Whyte thread***

JackAlex93

All you c*nts can go slit your writs and don't come back.

Whyte took us on when no-one else would. We would be in a FAR worse position had he not taken over.

No-one here knows f*ck all about what's been happening at the highest level within Rangers so why don't you just shut up and support your team! Ungrateful b*stards.

People seem to forget that had we still been under wrath of Lloyds until today, the squad would be minus Davis, Whittaker, Jelavic, Wallace, Ortiz, Goian and probably McGregor.

So we now know that the £5mill per season includes contract extentions for exisiting players so next season we will have to renew a few contracts and will get maybe £2mill to spend FFS! If we had a good socuting network then i would be confident we could do well with it but we dont so i think we are gonna sign what shite is left from now on

Clearly stated it was for Transfers a player currently on your books is not a transfer

I agree with you but i think he will get out of the promise he made by saying that we signed our top stars too long term deals and he will say he promised to spend £5mill on the "playing squad" not on Transfers. I am very dissapointed that we didnt get the quality that we all crave but at this point there is nothing we can do.

why go out and buy a new car when the one in the garage will get you there no bother?.

It would be madness to spend millions with no guarentee that we would qualify.

I have no doubt we would have spent if we got thru.

I reckon Whyte is a bit of a Fergus McCann he will leave us in a better state and he will make a profit from it.

But the are in he garage weren't good enough to get us there and the majority of our fans knew it.

We needed a centre forward then and we still do now, yet Whyte wouldn't back McCoist with the money to get one.

Penny pinching over half bs million quid for Kenny Miller has potentially cost us upwards of 20 million.

Say what you like about Craig Whyte's failure to deliver the type of signings we all expected but we are in a better position with him at the helm than before. Without Whyte we'd be in no position to turn down a £9m (or even a £6.5m) bid for Jelavic. Important players have been tied down and we are now in a position to reject offers for them. Yes, Whyte made noises of spending significant money and hasn't delivered on that and that is disappointing but we have brought in Ortiz, Goian, Bedoya, McKay, Bartley, Wallace and Bocanegra as well as retaining our keys assets like Davis, McGregor and Jelavic.

Personally I think it's obvious the goalposts changed when we droppped out of Europe. We went from chasing the likes of Juhasz, Cuellar and Verhoek to Bocanegra, McKay and Bedoya but in some ways this could be a wise move. The squad we have is more than capable of achieving what is expected domestically. Celtic haven't significantly strengthened and I feel we are in a slightly better state than last season. Also, European football is one of our main selling points when trying to sign a player. So even if the money was provided we would still have had to aim for a lower quality of player. Maybe the club looked at the current squad and decided that it wouldn't make financial sense to spend significant money on players we didn't identify as top targets when our squad is capapble of delivering the league.

I'm not saying I'm not disappointed with the window and especially our approach to transfer dealing but what I am saying is take a step back and look at where we would have been without Whyte. He hasn't exactly delivered on his promises but we are in better state with him at the top.

Let's get behind the players and behind Ally and look forward to a succesful season Domestically. :pipe:

All you c*nts can go slit your writs and don't come back.

Whyte took us on when no-one else would. We would be in a FAR worse position had he not taken over.

No-one here knows f*ck all about what's been happening at the highest level within Rangers so why don't you just shut up and support your team! Ungrateful b*stards.

apart from the first part I agree with this fully! (tu)

If you take over Rangers you are in charge of an institution with high demands, you would know what is expected before you get involved, you need to walk the walk, if you cant match that criteria dont get involved.

You need to come out and back your manager to the full and actually have a war chest, go out make strong signings and make a statement to your rival.

This morning i am extremely disappointed with Whyte.

Moan Moan Moan is all u get on here now! people pointing finger at whyte is taking way wrong! If Anderlecht held up their argreement with Juhasz and accepted our offer do you think whyte would have pulled the plug cause he cant afford it? No! If Whittaker showed he actually had a brain, bougherra too for that matter, we'd have easily made it past Malmo. And from there we'd be in Champ League with Juhasz and prob a quality striker. So to pin our current state all on whyte is pathetic but so typical to all those who just enjoy a good moan on here!

If you take over Rangers you are in charge of an institution with high demands, you would know what is expected before you get involved, you need to walk the walk, if you cant match that criteria dont get involved.

You need to come out and back your manager to the full and actually have a war chest, go out make strong signings and make a statement to your rival.

This morning i am extremely disappointed with Whyte.

The good news is that our "rival" has been fucking about in the window too and still has the dubious talents of Paddy McCant and Georgie-Porgie Sammyarse on their books this morning - not to mention the lump of wood Messystroppybitch at centre-half.

Clearly all is not well at the Stade Del Gadd.

Let's keep a good thought though and hope that Mr New Custodian keeps some of his promises. :sherlock:

I said I'd wait til today to let my feelings known.

Stupid under value bids, losing players left right and centre to teams far smaller than ourselves, promising us the world and giving us nothing. We're still in the same debt we were before he took over, we still have the same problems. Our squad is weak and needs fixed and he's done nothing about it.

The board didn't want him here, I wonder why? Because they KNEW what I've always suspected the Lanarkshire "billionaire" who no-one had ever heard of until the beginning of the year has NOTHING.

No doubt some of you will still have the heads in the sand, at least a lot of us can see what's going on, my only question is what does Whyte have to gain from this?

we are only in debt under a very specific set of circumstances.

Where did the money come from to give improved contracts to McGregor,Davis, Whittaker and Wylde?

Where did it come from to resign Healy,Bartley,Weir,Papac and Kerkar?

Where did it come from to buy Goian,Ortiz,Bedoya,Wallace,McKay and Bocanegra?

Is it perfect...NO

Did going out of Europe cost us millions of pounds in vital revenue...YES.

Considering the alternative of Murray and the fact we are out of Europe i would have to say in balance we have done not too bad.

Where did the money come from to give improved contracts to McGregor,Davis, Whittaker and Wylde?

Where did it come from to resign Healy,Bartley,Weir,Papac and Kerkar?

Where did it come from to buy Goian,Ortiz,Bedoya,Wallace,McKay and Bocanegra?

Is it perfect...NO

Did going out of Europe cost us millions of pounds in vital revenue...YES.

Considering the alternative of Murray and the fact we are out of Europe i would have to say in balance we have done not too bad.

Fair comments and a good summation of the situation. Hats off to Mr Whyte for declining the big offer(s) for Jelavic. That plus turning down the offers for Whitaker are pretty big statements regarding his intentions for the club. I am now a lot happier than I was concerned last night! WATP

If it wasn't for Craig Whyte we wouldn't have even been bidding for players and that money offered for Jelavic would have been accepted without any hesitation.

Would McGregor, Davis and Whittaker been signed to long-term contracts under David Murray? I don't think so.

Yes there's alot of things Craig Whyte done wrong in this window, as has Ally McCoist, but you've really got to remember they are both rookies at this. Ally McCoist has never managed a club before this and Craig Whyte has never been an owner of a football club, nevermind The Rangers.

I want to believe that Whyte, due to the businessman inside him, has seen our previous dealings and the problems they led to and wanted to do things the other way round. We used to bid far too high and pay far too much on players and Whyte went completely the other way. That led to us losing on a fair few of our targets. Yes, you could say we did the exact same thing as previously when we bid £300k on Wallace, then had a £1.5m accepted but I'm sure that was out of frustration and probably desperation. I expect in following windows Craig Whyte to start to get things right, he'll more experience of how to do things and how to deal with other clubs.

It has been a disappointing window, but people jumping on Craig Whytes back already are IMO jumping the gun a tad. I'm willing to give him the January window and probably next summer's window before totally making a true judgement on Whyte. People are being a bit harsh at the moment.

Yes, so had the bank intimated that things would change for the worse in 11/12?

Walter Smith most certainly did. As I'm sure you know.

I'm still surprised at your initial question about the bank, Casey, what was the point of it when the answer is so well documented?

I dont think you can lay the blame of our transfer failings and our european elimination to one person. The owner, the board, the players and the management are all cupable.

Whyte didnt stomp up early doors when he needed too.

Gordon Smith is not in the same league as Bain

Indiscipline in some players and other players who are not good enough or off the boil

The management are also cupble with some team selection especially Malmo home game. Howver, a very limited squad to work with so early in the season.

In truth, imo the worst piece of business was the removal of Bain at a key time of the season. like or loath the guy. He could get a deal over the line, albeit sometimes after lengthy negotiations, Im not saying he shouldnt have been sacked. It was the timing. This was a guy that was known throughout the football fraternity and had build up alot of relationship throughout his tenure. Knowing that there was a massive rebuilding project this summer, we should have used this guy's experience. I have been very unimpressed with the way Smith and co and the penny piching approach used this window. It reeks of naivity