Sign in to follow this  
DJW

*** Official Uefa Champions League 11/12 Thread ***

did you take note when i said

this season
or did you miss that part?

the only games Barca have played this season against teams in their class, have been 3 games vs AC Milan & 3 games vs Real Madrid. Messi's tally is 1. (a penalty).

did you take note when i said or did you miss that part?

the only games Barca have played this season against teams in their class, have been 3 games vs AC Milan & 3 games vs Real Madrid. Messi's tally is 1. (a penalty).

great point (tu)

Dire second half , Barca all the possession but looked disinterested .

Typical boring Italian football from Milan , that why hardly anyone watches their league now ..........

Will be different at Nou Camp.

Do you even watch Italian football?

Boring is one thing it's not, I don't know where this 'Italian football is boring' nonsense comes from, outdated.

Loads of teams all over the world try to set out to defend against barca, milan are hardly the first

When not using selective facts and taking into account all games against big teams, Messi has played 5 games against Real and 3 against AC Milan. Messi's tally is 4.

TheKingObv likes this

Boring is one thing it's not, I don't know why this 'Italian football is boring' nonsense comes from, outdated.

Loads of teams all over the world try to set out to defend against barca, milan are hardly the first

Milan hardly parked the bus either - Barca played their usual 'pass around the back 4 for 20 minutes' tactics. It was clear for anyone with at least 1 working eye that Robinho & Zlatan were sitting on Puyol 7 Mascherano waiting for the break. The rest of the team formed 2 solid banks of 4, which Barca couldn't break with their endless, mindnumbing passing.

Iniesta for me was the only player who looked likely to make somethign happen. Xavi was his usual master class in possession but was very predictable in the final 3rd, and his shooting... well hes no paul scholes. Messi was too tightly marked. Sanchez to be fair probably could have had a penalty. Puyol could have had 1 for having his shirt pulled too.

I think Milan will be disapointed they didn't win that game though, the Robinho volley on 2mins and Zlatan clean through on goal were by far the best chances of the game.

When not using selective facts and taking into account all games against big teams, Messi has played 5 games against Real and 3 against AC Milan. Messi's tally is 4.

selective? I was making a factual observation on THIS season.

Boring is one thing it's not, I don't know where this 'Italian football is boring' nonsense comes from, outdated.

Absolutely spot on (tu) He has obviously not watched Serie A in years.

If people are saying that Barca are the best team ever, then surely Messi has never has tested his abilty at club level against any team that is below his sides level.

what a shite observation

If people are saying that Barca are the best team ever, then surely Messi has never has tested his abilty at club level against any team that is below his sides level.

Erm. Messi has ONLY tested his ability against teams below his side's level.

selective? I was making a factual observation on THIS season.

You forgot the two games at the start of this season where Barcelona played Real Madrid over two legs in a competition known as the supercup.

Here's some video evidence

You forgot the two games at the start of this season where Barcelona played Real Madrid over two legs in a competition known as the supercup.

Here's some video evidence

sorry i prefer competitions such as La Liga & the Champions league, rather than 1-off charity ties.

i disagree, i think it's a fair & factual observation, can you prove otherwise?

well barca at their best, i would go as far as saying no one is in their 'class'

but barca arent at their best every week and CAN be matched, they have struggled like any other team and alot of the time just like madrid end up playing against a backline of 10 bodies for majority of the game..

for example his goal against bilbao in the pissing rain when barca struggled to snatch a draw doesnt count because bilbao arent in the same 'class' as barca?

how many goals did boyd score for us in his time? because as far as im concerned rangers are a class above any spl team..

well barca at their best, i would go as far as saying no one is in their 'class'

but barca arent at their best every week and CAN be matched, they have struggled like any other team and alot of the time just like madrid end up playing against a backline of 10 bodies for majority of the game..

for example his goal against bilbao in the pissing rain when barca struggled to snatch a draw doesnt count because bilbao arent in the same 'class' as barca?

how many goals did boyd score for us in his time? because as far as im concerned rangers are a class above any spl team..

your rambling mate. Barca are a top level team, as are Madrid.

Valencia, Bilbao, Atl. Madrid... these are more 4-star out-fits rather than 5-star.

interesting you mentioned Boyd. His goalscoring record in the SPL is unmatched, he'd score for fun against the St. Middens of the league, but he was so poor against Septic, and in europe, when we were playing teams of a similar level - he started to get benched.

sorry i prefer competitions such as La Liga & the Champions league, rather than 1-off charity ties.

Well, it's not really about what you prefer. Those games count this season, meaning that Messi has scored 4 goals in 8 games against the 'top' clubs.

Also, in defence of the supercup, both teams put out full strength sides and the match was of a high intensity over the two legs, but that's not what you prefer so I'll just leave it.

Well, it's not really about what you prefer. Those games count this season, meaning that Messi has scored 4 goals in 8 games against the 'top' clubs.

Also, in defence of the supercup, both teams put out full strength sides and the match was of a high intensity over the two legs, but that's not what you prefer so I'll just leave it.

it's not exactly a competition though, it's merely a token spectacle. half way between a pre-season friendly and the start of the new season. if i was evaluating Rooneys form this season, i certainly wouldnt be including goals from the charity shield.

your rambling mate. Barca are a top level team, as are Madrid.

Valencia, Bilbao, Atl. Madrid... these are more 4-star out-fits rather than 5-star.

interesting you mentioned Boyd. His goalscoring record in the SPL is unmatched, he'd score for fun against the St. Middens of the league, but he was so poor against Septic, and in europe, when we were playing teams of a similar level - he started to get benched.

lol we aint talking fifa mate for fuck sake :anguish::lol:

Fraser, Alan and Ricky talking shit again?

Barcelona boring. :lol:

After a good first half tonight, the second 45 minutes was dire. Milan could get a result in the second leg. Iniesta was woeful, not having a great season, Alves end product was poor as well.

Fraser, Alan and Ricky talking shit again?

Barcelona boring. :lol:

After a good first half tonight, the second 45 minutes was dire. Milan could get a result in the second leg. Iniesta was woeful, not having a great season, Alves end product was poor as well.

i'm talking shit for calling barca boring... then you describe the 2nd half as "dire"? The whole game was dire. When have you ever seen Barca in an end-to-end exciting game with loads of chances for both sides? They over-pass against top defences & spoil the game themselves when not in possession with a multitude of of fouls. 62% possession tonight and hardly made anything of note. Yawn.

And iniesta was poor? He was the only one who looked like unlocking the door and caused all sorts of problems wide left - the best move of the match was in the first half when he played a sensational 1-2 with Xavi before flicking it through to Sanchez - who for some insane reason, decided to flick the ball back to Xavi rather than shoot himself from 10 yards.

are your 'eyes telling you' different again? :lol:

Why don't barca play iniesta back in the middle and someone else on the wing?

Some of the best barca performances I saw was with xavi and Iniesta in the midfield.

either that or I'm talking complete pish