Unpopular Thoughts/opinions About The Rangers

Senna

I'm not fishing - they are essentially the same. Go to work, pay taxes, get married, have children, drink in pubs/clubs, drive cars, contribute to society, support their team and have the same innacurate stereotypes about the other side.

Can you substantiate that claim?

Flo wasn't actually a bad player or goalscorer but that pricetag will haunt him until he dies.

McLeish's seasons after winning the SPL were sackable offences in their own right.

This one's from an older bear I know well - Derek Johnstone's decision to move to CB was completely selfish and caused a lot of strife for the team at the time.

Completely agree,I thought it was just sheer laziness on his part and Colin Jackson had to guide him through games and cover up his weaknesses in that position. I am agreeing again about McLeish; once he changed the playing system and "made his own stamp" on the team it was a struggle from then on.

Maurice Johnston and Kenny Miller should not have been allowed to Join Rangers after wearing that rag.

The HoF is a sham and nothing more than a vehicle to sell an expensive dinner.

Jimmy Vulmer calls for unity this week and then starts a contentious thread. :D

The club should forgoe short term success for long term stability i.e. bringing down the club costs & introducing capable youth squad

The club should advertise itself as a "stepping stone" to the better youth players, use our club as a way of advertising yourself to the "bigger" clubs in England and abroad .. use this to improve our financial ability

The club should look to use & advertise our youth, with a view to selling them on and using the money to create further prospects .. ad infinitum

The club should use its transfer policy as a away to expand the Rangers brand i.e. Asia/India etc !!

The fans must accept that Europe is a fantasy land that has cost us millions in pursuing the dream

The fans have to accept that we cannot attract 1st or 2nd tier players and we will have to accept a lesser standard coming into the club, outwith rearing our youth players in the correct way

The club should be settings its financial targets on NOT being in Europe, that will mean signings of reduced quality

PR is everything these days .. look at our current situation in regards to tax, we appear, to the outside world, including our investors & supply chaim, to be a club on the brink of collapse. This can affect our capcity to trade ... all because of public perception. The club must realise that sitting quietly while the world is pointing at you & laughing, is not good PR. Be PROACTIVE & not reactive