Unpopular Thoughts/opinions About The Rangers

Senna

What flak did he deserve?

His scoring record was not good enough for a Rangers striker.

His performances were often not good enough.

'impact player' is an OK tag if you play for Chelsea or Arsenal, not Rangers.

He didn't deserve a lot, but he got an easier ride than players who contributed just as much.

Seems you may have forgot that McLeish turned Novo from a striker to RM when he signed Buffel. Smith also mostly deployed Novo in the same position! Would love to see Boyd or Prso's scoring if that happened to them. When played in his natural position he scored goals, first season proves so.

73 goals in 255 games is a decent return especially for someone playing wide and whom was never a regular starter.

Novo delivered often against Celtic and in Europe . Nacho was never technically gifted but always looked more of a danger on the wing than others such as Buffel, Burke, Lovenkrands, Adam, Sionko, Capucho, Lafferty, Fleck, Beasley, McCulloch and until last season Naismith.

Don't think he did get off lightly and there is a case he is not appreciated enough for some of his performances, certainly deserved more starts in his natural position.

Novo had nearly three seasons up front and less than a goal every 3 games isn't good enough.

That he looked better on the wing says more about the calibre of player you mentioned than Novo's skill.

The amount of older Rangers supporters I meet who used to meet their mates and stand at the same pillar as me, in the heart of the Derry is unreal. I don't know how the fuck we all managed to fit into the wee space round that beam. :D

Funny that, coz there used to be at least 10 of us went to the Derry Every other week...must have been about 10,000 in that 40 square feet area!

Which year?

How successful was it?

Why do posters disappear on here, when you ask them a question?

It's not like this board moves very fast with posts etc. Unless they all mayne head to FF between posts, it's baffling. Never mind though.

Having said that, I'm going to bed now.