Sign in to follow this  
Senna

Unpopular Thoughts/opinions About The Rangers

Yes.

Because you sat with tbo, and it's loud when your sat there, doesn't mean its loud throughout the stadium!

The sheepies were a lot louder than us that day, whether your tbo daft or not. (tu)

No.

Reason the atmosphere will not hit the heights(thou pray it does) we are caught in a situation, as to what we sing and how we sing. I know for one when certain songs are sung I fight to restrain myself from letting my heart rule my head.

Ibrox, from when everyone realised the Souness was a bright new dawn , they all run out and bought season books. Now prior to this you could meet mates on the pub , have a laugh and beer and make your way to the Stadium or if you travelled in supporters bus most likely everyone had their usual favourite spot.

So either someone on Ibrox as in customer service (I know a joke right) should have thought about this and could easily have been tackled by getting in touch with all the clubs and asking for a number as per members wanting season books and could have sat them altogether and same applied by asking people requiring tickets if they have a group of friends to sit beside apply together.

Sounds simple yip your dam right it is. Now think of those European nights and mhank games when the place was rocking, just think (asking a lot of thinking here)again what that would have been like if the scenario above had been put in place.

Can it still be done well Sandy Sandy Sandy in royal blue, why not bring this up and get a pat on the back for this.

Yes.

Because you sat with tbo, and it's loud when your sat there, doesn't mean its loud throughout the stadium!

The sheepies were a lot louder than us that day, whether your tbo daft or not. (tu)

Agreed.

To be honest, the blue order are poor most times.

The trouble in Manchester was much more the fault of the Rangers support than some will ever admit.

Our 'traditions' began purely as a reaction to what was happening across the city.

Barry Ferguson should never have been allowed to win the battle against PLG.

None of us really know anything about our financial woes, despite how assertively some fans state their case.

As much as our support for the troops in commendable, some fans do see it as a point scoring exercise.

Most Celtic fans are, generally, decent people. Doesn't mean we shouldn't 'hate' them in a football supporting sense, but some take it far too far.

I'll get my coat...

I agree with all of these.

The ECWC win is almost worthless nowadays. It's OK as an additional piece of European silverware, but next to the European Cup? Of miniscule importance.

It's embarassing how poorly we have done in the EC/CL over the last fifty-odd years.

We laid down and died versus Zenit.

A lot of shite they were a quality side who even made Man Utd look ordinary in the Supercup.

Sometimes you just come up against a very decent team and get thats what happened to us.

steven davis is NOT anywhere near world class or even prem league class, over rated.

he, in no way should be captain if anything the added pressure is detrimental to his game. it should be awarded to a player with the right personality to handle the role, im not a fan of goalkeeper captains but id make an exception for macgregor.

also i think he, davis, has questionable bottle (penalty miss against unirea)

despite these concerns i do think he is generally a good player just not a captain

The ECWC win is almost worthless nowadays. It's OK as an additional piece of European silverware, but next to the European Cup? Of miniscule importance.

It's embarassing how poorly we have done in the EC/CL over the last fifty-odd years.

Utter Rubbish you are talking about the ECWC being worthless. You should be proud that we won it, plus we beat better teams than the Papes did when the won the European Cup.

Should have probably made that part more clearer, the links are nowhere near as big as some think, same with the scum/Ireland.

Whole grew up supporting Rangers knows what it's like to play for and love the club such as Healy/Lafferty does not wash with me.

Have you been to Ni yourself at any point to gauge it for yourself? And how the hell can you speak for Healy/Lafferty? Do you know them personally and know that they didn't grow up Rangers fans? Is Amac lying when he says he knows Healy's family personally and their all massive Rangers fans, Healy's dad even running the local Rangers club? :lol:

Have you been to Ni yourself at any point to gauge it for yourself? And how the hell can you speak for Healy/Lafferty? Do you know them personally and know that they didn't grow up Rangers fans? Is Amac lying when he says he knows Healy's family personally and their all massive Rangers fans, Healy's dad even running the local Rangers club? :lol:

Have family who stay in N.I and one of my best mates moved there, so yes I have first and second hand experience to gauge it. Not to mention I would expect the same type of statistics that I posted about Irish fans attending EPL before Celtic would be very similar to us with N.I fans.

As for being Rangers supporters, I never actually meant they were not fans of the club. Reading the post back and with the other point I can see why it looked that way. Was more connected with my original post about signing Rangers fans because they know what it's like to play for the club. That does not wash with me and there is certainly fans out there that wanted Healy to sign(resign) because he is a Rangers man from N.I.

There is also a decent debate that N.I players get off lightly for their performances compared to the European and especially the Scottish lads, why so if there is a massive connection with N.I!?

Utter Rubbish you are talking about the ECWC being worthless. You should be proud that we won it, plus we beat better teams than the Papes did when the won the European Cup.

100% correct, if memory serves me right every team we knocked out went on to win their league (if mistaken hands held high as memory loss) But was it the week after we dumped Bayern out in the semi at Ibrox, either 8 or 9 of their players played fro West Germany at Wembley in a European Qualifier and beat England 3-1.

Bloody dam good teams we beat!!

Have family who stay in N.I and one of my bests mates moved there, so yes I have first and second hand experience to gauge it. Not to mention I would expect the same type of statistics that I posted about Irish fans attending EPL before Celtic would be very similar to us with N.I fans.

As for being Rangers supporters, I never actually meant they were not fans of the club. Reading the post back and with the other point I can see why it looked that way. Was more connected with my original post about signing Rangers fans because they know what it's like to play for the club. That does not wash with me and there is certainly fans out there that wanted Healy to sign(resign) because he is a Rangers man from N.I.

There is also a decent debate that N.I players get off lightly for their performances compared to the European and especially the Scottish lads, why so if there is a massive connection with N.I!?

I was born there :D The NI link is still strong, I can think of (off the top of my head) at least 8 Rangers supporters clubs in Belfast alone. It's difficult to judge anyway, as with the amount of people who support Rangers and an EPL club at the same time, if you see someone in a Chelsea/Liverpool/Man Utd top then they could still support Rangers as well to some degree. I'm sure Ibrox would easily be in the top 10 most visited football grounds for fans from NI.

You mean when a player who is seen to know what it means to play for the club is signed instead of players who aren't rangers fans of greater ability out there?

I agree with that last point. I think we pick on the Scottish lads the most. Though I dont think Lafferty has gotten off lightly with us over the years, unless you think he deserves more criticism than he's getting! :lol:

The best thing for the league and in the long term us is for a team outside the old firm to win the league. We should share match day revenue to allow other teams to compete and create a more interesting league people will want to watch.

The less savory elements of our support are critical to having an atmosphere.

You don't have a right to your seat you've sat in for 10 years, even if your late father passed it down to you.

we all know it's good to get things off your chest now and again

but most of this stuff should be kept in the dressing room ,.....for want of a better term.

Most rangers fans couldn't give a fuck about being British if they didn't think it pissed off celtic fans.

To many people judge our level against celtic

The BJK song is a disgrace

Barry Ferguson was by far the best player we have had since the 9IAR team

John Fleck has the most potential out all our youth players

we all know it's good to get things off your chest now and again

but most of this stuff should be kept in the dressing room ,.....for want of a better term.

There is nothing wring with recognising your faults, it's the only way to self improvement

I'd rather be self critical than believing that you are perfect e.g. Celtic