Sign in to follow this  
Rangers_no1

*** Official Europa League Thread ***

Never seen another thread so created this. Which teams do you expect to go far and have a good tournament? Top goalscorer, Falcao again? :pipe:

Seems Tottenham don't care about the tournament...

TOTTENHAM: Cudicini, Bassong, Čorluka, Walker, Livermore, Townsend, Carroll, Pavlyuchenko, Dos Santos, Falqué and Kane

Subs: Gomes, Stewart, Barthram, Fredericks, Nicholson, Parrett and Pritchard

I know the Spurs squad is a bit depleted right now, but Harry can't deny he treats the competition with contempt cause all he does is complain about it and put out youngsters whether they have injured first team players or not.

Just to list where all the games are:

PAOK v Tottenham - ESPN - 6pm KO

Dynamo Kiev v Stoke - ITV4 - 6pm KO

Birmingham v Braga - ITV4 - 8.05pm KO

Fulham v Twente - Channel 5 - 8.05pm KO

Atletico Madrid v Scum - ESPN - 8.05pm KO

I know the Spurs squad is a bit depleted right now, but Harry can't deny he treats the competition with contempt cause all he does is complain about it and put out youngsters whether they have injured first team players or not.

They played a strong team at Tynecastle, but I wonder if that was mainly to get them game time before the Man United match.

One season in the CL and suddenly Harry think's this tournament is worthless, was not the case back in 2008-2009 when he played strong line-ups. :rolleyes:

They played a strong team at Tynecastle, but I wonder if that was mainly to get them game time before the Man United match.

One season in the CL and suddenly Harry think's this tournament is worthless, was not the case back in 2008-2009 when he played strong line-ups. :rolleyes:

I really can't stand the attitude that it's worthless or a distraction. The way folk down in England, and even up here at times, speak of the competition is ridiculous.

Actually he didn't, he played kids in their last 32 tie with Shakhtar if you remember because of the distraction from what at the time was a relagation battle.

Doesn't seem that this competition will ever suit Harry.

I really can't stand the attitude that it's worthless or a distraction. The way folk down in England, and even up here at times, speak of the competition is ridiculous.

The only people I have heard doing it were Rafa, O'Niell and Redknapp. The rest seem to take it relatively seriously.

Actually he didn't, he played kids in their last 32 tie with Shakhtar if you remember because of the distraction from what at the time was a relagation battle.

Doesn't seem that this competition will ever suit Harry.

http://en.archive.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/history/season=2009/round=15285/match=304190/report=lu.html

http://en.archive.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/history/season=2009/round=15285/match=304206/report=lu.html

http://en.archive.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/history/season=2009/round=15285/match=304247/report=lu.html

In the three group matches he played very strong teams. As for that 32 tie, that's actually wrong he played the odd kid but it was still pretty decent line-ups.

Gomes, Gunter, Huddlestone, Dawson, Chimbonda, Jenas, Zokora, Parrett, Bentley, Giovani, Campbell.

Gomes, Gunter, Chimbonda, Huddlestone, Gilberto, Giovani, Palacios, O'Hara, Bale, Campbell, Obika.

The only people I have heard doing it were Rafa, O'Niell and Redknapp. The rest seem to take it relatively seriously.

Aye, I didn't mean to make it so generalised. Meant to add in a "certain" before "people down in England".