Betfair

thommo1690

Iv always done a wee 4/5 team accumy almost every time theres uk football on. Opened a betfair account because i wanted to try the whole idea of laying bets rather than backing. I started off with a fiver, built it up to 15-20 quid from laying horses (betting on them NOT to win).

Once i was at the 20 mark i could afford to lay bigger bets - for example i layed a fiver on Benfica against Man Utd - So that meant if Benfica WON i would be liable to pay out at whatever odds i offered which in this case was around 3.70 (just short of 3/1) so the amount i would need to pay out is about maybe 18.50 .. but any other outcome would result in me getting the fiver stake... so this made my account balance 25 .. i then tried betting in play on womans tennis, which you can watch on the site. The first game i tried player A was a set up and was one point away from breakin serve at 1-1 in the 2nd set. So i Layed player B at reasonable odds for a tenner, so if player b won i would have the liability covered in the betfair balance (25) but when they didnt win i got the tenner.

After a few attempts at that, without any losing bets i had around 60 quid in a few hours. Next thing i done was stick a big stake multiple lay on Celtic against us and Chelsea against Man U.... only one of them had to fail and both did :) i layed that for 15 quid and was liable to pay out just short of 60 if they both won. Done this process for the next 3 nights running just 2 teams with a big stake. Ended up at 120 quid in 5 days for literally clicking a few buttons. Last bet i done was on the NFL in play for the giants to beat the rams in the 1st quarter ... which i placed with 50 seconds left and the rams had just had an incomplete pass so they were going to punt possession to the giants. Ended up with 160 pound and decided to lift it incase it all went pear shaped haha

Aye so bit of a bible there but if anyone likes betting and doesnt have much luck like myself, they should give this a bash to see how they get on! Small winnings reguarly or attempting accumys for big winnings... I know what id rather!

Let me know if any body does this already or gives it a go :wink:

Iv always done a wee 4/5 team accumy almost every time theres uk football on. Opened a betfair account because i wanted to try the whole idea of laying bets rather than backing. I started off with a fiver, built it up to 15-20 quid from laying horses (betting on them NOT to win).

Once i was at the 20 mark i could afford to lay bigger bets - for example i layed a fiver on Benfica against Man Utd - So that meant if Benfica WON i would be liable to pay out at whatever odds i offered which in this case was around 3.70 (just short of 3/1) so the amount i would need to pay out is about maybe 18.50 .. but any other outcome would result in me getting the fiver stake... so this made my account balance 25 .. i then tried betting in play on womans tennis, which you can watch on the site. The first game i tried player A was a set up and was one point away from breakin serve at 1-1 in the 2nd set. So i Layed player B at reasonable odds for a tenner, so if player b won i would have the liability covered in the betfair balance (25) but when they didnt win i got the tenner.

After a few attempts at that, without any losing bets i had around 60 quid in a few hours. Next thing i done was stick a big stake multiple lay on Celtic against us and Chelsea against Man U.... only one of them had to fail and both did :) i layed that for 15 quid and was liable to pay out just short of 60 if they both won. Done this process for the next 3 nights running just 2 teams with a big stake. Ended up at 120 quid in 5 days for literally clicking a few buttons. Last bet i done was on the NFL in play for the giants to beat the rams in the 1st quarter ... which i placed with 50 seconds left and the rams had just had an incomplete pass so they were going to punt possession to the giants. Ended up with 160 pound and decided to lift it incase it all went pear shaped haha

Aye so bit of a bible there but if anyone likes betting and doesnt have much luck like myself, they should give this a bash to see how they get on! Small winnings reguarly or attempting accumys for big winnings... I know what id rather!

Let me know if any body does this already or gives it a go :wink:

Mate, I think you better check your figures, Laying a Celtic and Man United double would not have been a 4/1 payout. Maybe double that! Hopefully youve just made a mistake writting the figures on RM, cause id hate you to make a mistake and end up losing more than you thought you would!

Personally I never lay teams, as much as I enjoy winning money, I prefer going down the "going for the big payout" path. Last week I was sure Inter would fail to beat Roma, and laying them at evens was a solid bet, but Roma were paying 5/2, and decided to back that instead. Ended goalless :anguish:

The OP done very well cashing out while in profit because this kind of betting can be very dangerous to your bank balance. For anyone confused with lay betting it is that you are essentially the bookie. When you lay a bet you are accepting a bet from another punter which he thinks will win. If the punter's bet loses then you keep his stake, however if his bet wins you are liable to pay him out like any normal bookie. Anyone trying this on Betfair just be very careful and make sure that you can afford any potential payouts.