*** The Official Champions V St Mirren Thread ***

Broxi

Definitely won't be an easy game like some think. St Mirren are sitting in 6th right now and are not doing too bad.

We have yet to win a game at Ibrox where everything is done and dusted after 60 minutes. Hopefully we are a few goals ahead by then and there won't be any nervous ending to the game.

Give someone else a chance?

There's plenty of debate of Wylde's worth to the team but regardless of you view on that you can't think he's been so amazing recently that he's undroppable, nor that the team was so incredible against Hibs that we can't consider changing the line up at all?

With us not having that many injuries now we do actually have some options, I wouldn't mind seeing Matt McKay getting his full debut myself ahead of Wylde for this game.

Outstanding post and very well put. I agree with Pauls sentiment that Wylde hasnt done anything to be dropped but you put across an excellent argument to do just that. Not drop, maybe just rest him. Imo a home game against inferior opposition is the best intro for any new player to make his full debut.

Outstanding post and very well put. I agree with Pauls sentiment that Wylde hasnt done anything to be dropped but you put across an excellent argument to do just that. Not drop, maybe just rest him. Imo a home game against inferior opposition is the best intro for any new player to make his full debut.

Exactly, and if Wylde is as good as plenty think he is/is going to be his developement isn't going to be damaged by being on the bench for a game or so, under 21 rule means he's generally always going to be in the match day squad.

Basically if he is playing I won't have any problems with it because the team is winning and changes aren't essential, although Naismith needs to come back into the side. I just never agreed with Paul's sentiment that the idea of him not playing is an unthinkable one.

Is this the same Wylde that everyone was ripping the shreds out of 2 weeks ago <cr>

Just think this would be a good game to give McKay a shot in. So what, we just never play him until Wylde gets injured? He's hardly been our best player anyway has he.

With McKay left mid tucking in and Wallace LB overlapping putting in just as good crosses as Wylde and more consistantly, it could work brilliantly.

Exactly, and if Wylde is as good as plenty think he is/is going to be his developement isn't going to be damaged by being on the bench for a game or so, under 21 rule means he's generally always going to be in the match day squad.

Basically if he is playing I won't have any problems with it because the team is winning and changes aren't essential, although Naismith needs to come back into the side. I just never agreed with Paul's sentiment that the idea of him not playing is an unthinkable one.

Correct mate, spot on.

Is this the same Wylde that everyone was ripping the shreds out of 2 weeks ago <cr>

Just think this would be a good game to give McKay a shot in. So what, we just never play him until Wylde gets injured? He's hardly been our best player anyway has he.

With McKay left mid tucking in and Wallace LB overlapping putting in just as good crosses as Wylde and more consistantly, it could work brilliantly.

It would imo.

Mcgregor

Whittaker

Goian

Bocanegra

Papac

Naismith

Davis

Edu

Mckay

Jelavic

Lafferty.

Matt certainly needs the game time.

Only change I'd make is mckay for wylde. Not based on wyldes form though, mckay needs game time.

I really dont understand why people are talking about dropping Wylde? OK I am desperate to see Mckay play but there is a long season ahead, and Wylde has this season so far got two goals and 5 assist if I am not mistaken? How can anyone constitute dropping him with that kind of form?

Same team again please, Rangers to win 4-0.

:crabflute:

Mcgregor

Whittaker

Goian

Bocanegra

Papac

Naismith

Davis

Edu

Mckay

Jelavic

Lafferty.

Only change I'd make is mckay for wylde. Not based on wyldes form though, mckay needs game time.

So does Healy, Fleck, Broadfoot, Kerkar, Alexander.......and so on.

Would you say all of them deserve to start, because they need game time? I dont think that reasoning justifys Mckay a starting position, Wylde has been one of our most direct attacking threat so far this season and should not be dropped until/if he has a bad run of games.

So does Healy, Fleck, Broadfoot, Kerkar, Alexander.......and so on.

Would you say all of them deserve to start, because they need game time? I dont think that reasoning justifys Mckay a starting position, Wylde has been one of our most direct attacking threat so far this season and should not be dropped until/if he has a bad run of games.

Fine, time to prove himself. The others you've listed, other than alexander aren't good enough.

I see mckay as someone capable of playing in our starting line-up. Fleck, broadfoot and co aren't.

Fine, time to prove himself. The others you've listed, other than alexander aren't good enough.

I see mckay as someone capable of playing in our starting line-up. Fleck, broadfoot and co aren't.

You have seen enough of John Fleck to come to that conclusion already? <cr> He is what, 19/20 and has only 38 Rangers appearances, mostly 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there.

I really dont understand why people are talking about dropping Wylde? OK I am desperate to see Mckay play but there is a long season ahead, and Wylde has this season so far got two goals and 5 assist if I am not mistaken? How can anyone constitute dropping him with that kind of form?

Same team again please, Rangers to win 4-0.

:crabflute:

Because he's a new signing. New signings need to play all the time, no matter how little they've played for the team...