Nationalist Rangers Fans

GOAT

I noticed that too. Perhaps his sig should be changed to, "Adults who can't spell are stupid."

Just a thought.

Or Dyslexic - which I am - but I have been called a lot worse things than Stupid!

... and at least I can console myself that, while stupid, that is better than being one of those patronising 'Grammar / Spelling Gestapo' that creep around the board!

OP is your point that in order to be a Rangers fan you must pledge allegience with the English?

If you want a "must love england" fans policy installed at Rangers or think everyone whom supports Rangers should love the English - here's an idea for you - jog on to England, you're no better than a tim thinking Ireland is his homeland.

must assume then,that because i was born a yorkshireman with a ulster hertiage,but very,very proud to call myself a yorkshireman i shouldnt support rangers.suppose if i had been born in parkhead and called o,donnell that would be ok.

Fucksake mate, it's just a simple reply to an equally obstuse post.

Given that you are unable to clarify it despite numerous opportunities, I would suggest it it is in fact far from simple.

Maybe if you just posted what you think rather than ask stupid questions you'd be a bit more understandable.

Given that you are unable to clarify it despite numerous opportunities, I would suggest it it is in fact far from simple.

Maybe if you just posted what you think rather than ask stupid questions you'd be a bit more understandable.

How is it a stupid question?

I was pulled up because I made a comment about Highlanders, or rather which included Highlanders. I was then told I 'wasn't that bright' because I didn't know Moses McNeil came from Helensburgh. I asked if that i.e. Moses McNeil being a 'Highlander', mattered in light of the current debate. What's your problem?

I've long questioned people with a dislike, anglophobe or desire to watch a country represented by the Union Flag. How people can wave the flag and hope England get pumped just puzzles me, i never have nor ever will get it.

If its rivalry, wouldn't it just be a saltire? albeit i know people wave them and have no problem with that or a nat rangers fan, of course.

I've long questioned people with a dislike, anglophobe or desire to watch a country represented by the Union Flag. How people can wave the flag and hope England get pumped just puzzles me, i never have nor ever will get it.

If its rivalry, wouldn't it just be a saltire? albeit i know people wave them and have no problem with that or a nat rangers fan, of course.

Surely Texans and Californians don't get on? Or Pennsylvannians and Minnessotans? Two states, two identities, but part of the same nation.

Surely Texans and Californians don't get on? Or Pennsylvannians and Minnessotans? Two states, two identities, but part of the same nation.

They both (proudly) fly their national flags though. The complication is, though, that the 4 constituants are represented individually in certain sport, and it causes an uneasy side of things, and is the cause for alot of people forgetting whats actually important in the grand scheme of things.

Just an observation of course, but i don't agree with a union flag being waved around by someone who hopes England get beat.

They both (proudly) fly their national flags though. The complication is, though, that the 4 constituants are represented individually in certain sport, and it causes an uneasy side of things, and is the cause for alot of people forgetting whats actually important in the grand scheme of things.

Just an observation of course, but i don't agree with a union flag being waved around by someone who hopes England get beat.

True enough it is a very different situation on account of the history and I also agree on the importance of the Union. Great Britain is much greater than the sum of its parts.

Ultimately there's a lot of confusion about the issue and a lot of that is to do with academics. If you look into any sort of racial history you'll find that the British have been very quietly erased from history; we're either of Irish/Celtic, Saxon, or Norman/Viking descent. There's little mention of the indigineous people of these isles. The entire notion of Britishness is very distorted when that's the case.

How is it a stupid question?

I was pulled up because I made a comment about Highlanders, or rather which included Highlanders. I was then told I 'wasn't that bright' because I didn't know Moses McNeil came from Helensburgh. I asked if that i.e. Moses McNeil being a 'Highlander', mattered in light of the current debate. What's your problem?

doh

Well, would you look at the diversity of political opinions in this thread!

All with one thing in common, they support The Rangers.

Maybe football is more powerful than politics!

The past two seasons should disprove this.

SNP voter. Never voted Tory or Lhabour, doubt I ever will. They CGAF about us. Go and read the McCrone report if you have any doubt about this. As for the Uber fans slating the SNP for their proposed legislation on Sectarianism, it sounds exactly the same as what I was reading on here a few years ago when LabLib were in government, with continual Jibes about "Joke McConnell". Same theme, different regime.

Dont have a problem with the Union Jack, great flag, the mhanks hate it. Have friends from all COUNTRIES in the British Isles, including England and Eire. Anyone who thinks being a Scottish Nationalist makes you by default a hater of the English, is only fooling themselves. The Tartan Army is another matter however, and no matter how many good behaviour awards they have amassed, their anti-Englisness is an embarrassment to us all.

As for the fuckwit who said that Highlanders don't matter, you can GTF. I see someone already showed you the errors of your ways by pointing out that our club was formed by .... yes, Highlanders. Maybe you should visit The Uists or Lochaber to see how much us (and the Mhanks) mean in that part of the world.