*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Couple of questions guys-

Is it possible to use the editor and move teams round on a saved game?

Anyone have any idea who in England (mid-lower end PL and top-mid in championships) have most amount of money available?

It is not possible to move teams in a saved game, FMRTE doesn't let you.

Mid-top Championship team I'd guess at Middlesbrough, Leicester. I played with Boro last season and they had a decent starting amount, added to a few average players that go for £1m or 2 each, then sell off future % fee's on past players sold I ended up with about £20m to play around with. Leicester should have a few million but it will be hard trying to get rid of players on high wages that have just signed.

Anyone else update their own kits as the seasons go by? Adds a wee bit more interest to the game for me :lol:

Found myself looking for something unusual for Peterhead's first trip into the First Division, so plumped for this:

peterhead2.png

And I want to buy it! :lol:

That doesn't actually change the match strips though?

If youre looking for a good young goalkeeper, try Plamen Iliev from Levski Sofia. I dont know how much he will cost you in the first season, but i had to wait until the 2nd so i bought him for 2.5m. Also, take a look at Vladimir Gadzhev, he is central midfielder, from the same team, from this version bulgarian players no longer need work permits to play in UK. I also had to sell McGregor as he used to let goals from long range all the time.

Just finished my second season with another treble. It wasnt easy tho, there was a moment i had 7 SPL games without a win.

griffiths1.jpg

European golden boot winner <cr> <cr>

Tried to sign Jordan Rhodes, but the bastard went to Bolton, and Tom Cairney also rejected me and joined Huddersfield instead <cr>

Woithout wading through the whole 29 pages of this thread. Is anyone else a bit dissapionted with the game? I just dont see it as any better than 2011.

No. I'm enjoying it more. The ability to add and take away leagues and countries is a welcome addition. Was so frustrating when I wanted more of a variety on where to manage and then realised I could only pick from a few leagues.

Woithout wading through the whole 29 pages of this thread. Is anyone else a bit dissapionted with the game? I just dont see it as any better than 2011.

I absolutely hate the new shrift, its woeful. On the other side - the match engine is slower than before, so i no more have the patience to restart games, which is something really good.

I've brought wee Nacho back on loan until the end of the season. I wasn't sure, but I thought about the memories he's given us and I had to bring him in. It's a ridiculous way to look at it, but him and Healy will be decent back-up for Naismith and big Lafferty.

Ortiz just picked up a double hernia, so he's now on the injury table, as well. He'll miss the next two months.

Our next fixture was away to Dundee United after the international break and I'm gutted, we lost two-nil and were second to everything. With big Jela and Ortiz out, Lafferty and Novo lacking match fitness, Davis being knackered McKay still travelling back from international duty, I switched from my usual 4-4-2 to a 4-1-4-1 with Bartley behind Edu and McCulloch, then Naismith up-front on his own. It didn't work.

We've got Zenit at Ibrox in the first Champions' League group game.

After getting leathered in Dundee, I thought I'd patched the game. I decided to get back on it this afternoon, but, and I'm chuffed I did.

I play a dead tight game. Like, I'll look to keep the ball and pass it into space, stopping the other team playing. That didn't work against Dundee United and I didn't think inviting a team like Zenit to attack would have been a great idea, so we went for it. Three-nil, us at half-time. Four-two, us at full-time. Big Laff, Mo Edu and Stevie Whittaker with two to top the group.

I was buzzing after that and we had the Tims at Ibrox next, so I gave the squad a couple of days off training and had a right good look at my scout's feedback on them. I sorted out our side for it to each man and what he was to do and all that. I did this with my 'Pre-Match' playist on Spotify going; 'Follow, Follow', 'Blue Sea of Ibrox', 'Penny Arcade' and 'Simply The Best'. :lol:

They went one-nil up right on half-time, but we responded from the kick-off. Naismith should have played big Lafferty through, but he touched it wide and smashed it into the bottom corner. One-each, half-time.

We were pushing them back and with our defence playing deep, they weren't really threatening except at set pieces.

Enter: Nacho with five minutes to go.

It's a through ball from Lafferty, Novo picks it up in front of the Govan and carries it to the Copland before cutting it in for Davis. Two-one, the Queen's eleven.

As you can imagine, I went from an attacking game to 'Very Rigid' and everything that goes with it. I had time wasting at the maximum, tempo at the slowest and the lot. They were all over us when the ball broke to wee Nacho, again. He ran the length of the park, as far as the edge of their six yard box before cutting it back, same again, where Whittaker was there to skelp it into Forster's bottom corner. Three-one, the Son's of William.

Lennon was spewing as wee Nacho celebrated in his Union Jack suit jacket.

'I Gotta Feeling' followed on Spotify.

♫ There's only oooooooooooone Nacho Novo...

No. I'm enjoying it more. The ability to add and take away leagues and countries is a welcome addition. Was so frustrating when I wanted more of a variety on where to manage and then realised I could only pick from a few leagues.

Couldn't agree more mate a gr8 added feature bein able to add countries/leagues or remove whenever u want rather than have to start a new game every time (tu)

Yeah, I haven't got to that stage yet but thats a BIG plus from me. In the CM days I used have all the leagues running that you could have, these days you just cant do that so being able to switch nations in and out has to be a bonus and at least a decent compromise. So far though, whilst the game may not be massively different on last years, I am liking it better to a degree.