*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

What? Like you used to restart games when you lost?

Well, i used to do this in previous versions, if i lose against Celtic, in particular. Or some big european team. Thats why i was winning CL medals. Cheating bastard, i know. Well, not anymore. In my first FM12 season i didnt even qualify for the CL, and in my 2nd season i eliminated Benfica with 3-1 agg and then got beaten by Barcelona(1-5 agg).

Important - look carefully when you negotiate contracts with your players! I offered a new deal to Naismith, worth 48k p/w(at fist he wanted 70 ffs), and in the beginning of my third season i realised hes got 33k appereance fee, 33k goal bonus, 25% yearly wage rise and match highest earner :disappointment: So i sold him for 5.25m :( Pity, but time for Jamie Murphy or Mathias Schelotto to take his place.

Important - look carefully when you negotiate contracts with your players! I offered a new deal to Naismith, worth 48k p/w(at fist he wanted 70 ffs), and in the beginning of my third season i realised hes got 33k appereance fee, 33k goal bonus, 25% yearly wage rise and match highest earner :disappointment: So i sold him for 5.25m :( Pity, but time for Jamie Murphy or Mathias Schelotto to take his place.

Happened to me too. Bastard gets 33k per appearance and 33k per goal. Happened with Lewandowski too so I sold him on. Will probs sell on Naismith too unless I can renegotiate :lol:

After getting leathered in Dundee, I thought I'd patched the game. I decided to get back on it this afternoon, but, and I'm chuffed I did.

I play a dead tight game. Like, I'll look to keep the ball and pass it into space, stopping the other team playing. That didn't work against Dundee United and I didn't think inviting a team like Zenit to attack would have been a great idea, so we went for it. Three-nil, us at half-time. Four-two, us at full-time. Big Laff, Mo Edu and Stevie Whittaker with two to top the group.

I was buzzing after that and we had the Tims at Ibrox next, so I gave the squad a couple of days off training and had a right good look at my scout's feedback on them. I sorted out our side for it to each man and what he was to do and all that. I did this with my 'Pre-Match' playist on Spotify going; 'Follow, Follow', 'Blue Sea of Ibrox', 'Penny Arcade' and 'Simply The Best'. :lol:

They went one-nil up right on half-time, but we responded from the kick-off. Naismith should have played big Lafferty through, but he touched it wide and smashed it into the bottom corner. One-each, half-time.

We were pushing them back and with our defence playing deep, they weren't really threatening except at set pieces.

Enter: Nacho with five minutes to go.

It's a through ball from Lafferty, Novo picks it up in front of the Govan and carries it to the Copland before cutting it in for Davis. Two-one, the Queen's eleven.

As you can imagine, I went from an attacking game to 'Very Rigid' and everything that goes with it. I had time wasting at the maximum, tempo at the slowest and the lot. They were all over us when the ball broke to wee Nacho, again. He ran the length of the park, as far as the edge of their six yard box before cutting it back, same again, where Whittaker was there to skelp it into Forster's bottom corner. Three-one, the Son's of William.

Lennon was spewing as wee Nacho celebrated in his Union Jack suit jacket.

'I Gotta Feeling' followed on Spotify.

♫ There's only oooooooooooone Nacho Novo...

Next game, Ross County knock us out of the League Cup in Dingwall. Pricks.

Aye, I made eleven changes, but fucking hell, players like McKay, Bedoya, big Davie Weir and Kyle Bartley should be skelping the side that sits bottom of the First Division. They went two-nil up after about half-an-hour and, despite Healy scoring just after half-time, we were shite. Bedoya started his first game and lost possession with every second involvement. Bartley's marking handed them the first, as well.

I went mental at them at full-time and a few seemed demotivated. Ballbags.

Happened to me too. Bastard gets 33k per appearance and 33k per goal. Happened with Lewandowski too so I sold him on. Will probs sell on Naismith too unless I can renegotiate :lol:

I think this is the main problem in this version. When a player gets 11k p/w and you offer him a new deal imo its normal for him to ask for 25-30k, not 70k p/w. Its not the EPL ffs.

So after tims collapsed after we humped them at Ibrox- they had been unbeaten before that match with a draw away to Motherwell their only dropped points, but since losing at Ibrox they lost three more times and drew twice - and we still with a 100% record, Dundee United came to Ibrox with us just needing a draw to do four in a row. At three up, the titles in the bag so I brought on Sir David of Weir for his first league appearance of the season with half an hour to go. And he scored! Unfortunately, it was in the wrong net. Oh well, we still won 4-1.

Eventually sold Jelavic to Milan for £8.25m and Whittaker went to Bolton for around £3m.

I've got £22m to spend so looking into buying a new striker and improving on other positions. City sent back Boyata on loan after he won Player of The Year last season and they also sent a boy called Rafinha that they bought from Barcelona in the first season, looks pretty good. I've also brought in Danny Da Costa on loan who was at Man United to cover the loss of Whittaker.

Love the summer window on FM, you never know who'll you will end up with!

Anyone else update their own kits as the seasons go by? Adds a wee bit more interest to the game for me :lol:

Found myself looking for something unusual for Peterhead's first trip into the First Division, so plumped for this:

peterhead2.png

And I want to buy it! :lol:

bein serious i would love to buy tht :)

Eventually sold Jelavic to Milan for £8.25m and Whittaker went to Bolton for around £3m.

I've got £22m to spend so looking into buying a new striker and improving on other positions. City sent back Boyata on loan after he won Player of The Year last season and they also sent a boy called Rafinha that they bought from Barcelona in the first season, looks pretty good. I've also brought in Danny Da Costa on loan who was at Man United to cover the loss of Whittaker.

Love the summer window on FM, you never know who'll you will end up with!

tht rafinha boy is class, also gerard delfou and some cameroon 16 yr old striker they hve

Kane Hemmings doing anything for anyone?

Or any other youngsters broken into the squad?

I'm still on my first season, Hemmings is a bench player for me atm. He's made one start and eight sub appearances, would be great if he made it but I can't see it. I have Jela banging in the goals - 67 from 53 in all comps so far - also have Alberto Bueno and some Egyptian guy I had in 2011 who was ok, Meteb. So hemmings has a lot to do to get anywhere near the side.

Jamie Ness is a regular, and although he's not exactly a youngster really, Jordan McMillan has been my first choice right back. Greg Wylde was a regular but he got sold to Liverpool in the January window. Ross Perry has come into the side to partner Goian after Bocanegra left as well. Also got Kim Skogsrud on the bench, he's made the odd appearance no idea of he'll make it though.

Interestingly, the U-19's are well clear at the top of their table but in reality I can't see anyone in there who will make it to the 1st team.

Will have to see how Rafinha turns out then, although I don't really play a AMC so may have to find a position to suit the team.

Signed Jelle Vossen as Jelavic's replacement for £6m from Twente, looks the real deal. Also trying to get Ruben Perez who my scouts rate at 4 star. If he comes in, I'll be looking to move out Edu.

Alright, I've managed to re-ignite my passion for this save.

Just over halfway through the season and I'm in 5th, which isn't bad considering we were expected to hit mid-table. Though top of the league gets automatic promotion, and 2nd, 3rd, 4th all go into a play-off... I'm dreaming!

The Golden Arrows team is doing really well though, so we'll see. 5 straight wins. And we won the South African First Division Cup.

I'm also national manager of Bahrain :lol: they have some amount of competitions in Asia. Doing okay, but the side really isn't up to much. I'll land a bigger job soon.

After i got this regen on my first season, couldnt get anything special from the youth in the 2nd. Heres screenshots with the guys progress so far. He started to score, 5 goals in 15 games, which is not bad for a start.

March 2012:

penwright.jpg

June 2013:

penwright2.jpg