*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

I don't know whether to continue with my Peterhead game or go somewhere else. I enjoyed what I did with them, but I'm starting to get itchy feet and want to jump ship. So far, the only jobs I've been offered are at teams of less stature than my own (except a Dinamo Kiev approach) and I'm not holding out much hope for the Rangers job, despite consistently beating my boyhood heros in the league.

The last time I played I'd just been beaten by St Mirren (a team I should be beating), but I've improved my squad for the first time really. I brought in a Spanish Goalkeeper (name escapes me at this time), and I've managed to retain the fantastic Aron Wildig, despite the best efforts of League Champions Hibs, and I've tied down Club Captain Lee Colligan (my first signing way back in the 3rd division) to a long term contract as well as bringing in Ross Wallace for left wing.

The team is about as good as it's ever been - I've got the two Spanish regens I mentioned in earlier posts, one playing right of an attacking midfield trio, and the other playing up front or in behind Rhys Murphy. I reckon I'll return to the game until the January transfer window at least, just to see how things go and how I can improve the squad further if needed. Depending on how results go in the league, this will be my last season at Peterhead - after which I expect there to be a rapid decline in the clubs performances (it's only natural, I'm a Legend at the club and I'm the modern day SAF). Sad, but I feel the time would be right to move on after my incredible achievements.

Won the 2nd leg of my CL tie 2-1 at the Nou Camp :D They went down to 10 men 1-0 up mind you :lol:

Honestly get the feeling you can't win some games. Played Livorno away from home, 2-0 up and had 3 goals chopped off and then they got 2 penalties ! I criticised the ref and the FA was quiet about it which says it all !

Still got a bit of a gap at the top so it's all good :D

13 points out of 18 in my Champions League group, delighted.

2 comfortable wins against Viktoria Plzen, beat Shakhtar 1-0 home and away, drew 1 and lost 1 against Man Utd. :D

My top scorer Jelle Vossen has a broken leg and is out for 6 months :anguish:

Thankfully I have Leigh Griffiths joining in January.

Anyone have an idea on how to stop losing shitty consolation goals? Every single game I'll be at least a goal up, and lose a goal.

9 clean sheets out of 28 or so. Doing my head in.

I'm always the same, cruising by 2 or 3 goals and then losing one. Frustrating as fuck. Don't know if making substitutions makes any difference, not really checked.

Anyone wanna give me a shortlist of decent players you can sign for Rangers? Got Leigh Griffiths coming in january, signing Vossen, looking to bring in Osmar Ferreyra, need a CDM and a CB.

for CB you should definitely get Danny Wilson on loan, he scores quite a few goals for a centre back and is solid every game. i've got him partnered with an american called Jay DeMerit who is the captain, scores some goals aswell and is just as solid as wilson.

i don't actualy play any CDMs but Lorenzo Crisetig is cheap from the Inter reserves. he didn't want to join me in my game but a few guys on here seem to have got him (tu)

some other people i've signed are: Scott Allan

Jonjo Shelvey (loan)

Dominik Mayr (who is amazing for a 19 year old)

Ian Ritchie (ST who is rated 4 stars but I only got him for 70k from Stockport <cr>)

Gregor Starke (young CB with 4 star potential from Grazer AK)

Edu (young Spanish GK from Espanyol, rated 3&1/2 but only 16k)

Lewis Milne (cracking young player from Cowdenbeath, rips the first dividion up)

Johnny Russell (really improves in the 2nd season, always impresses)

Right I've signed Modise, Vossen and Toloi, Toloi taking over half my transfer funds. Got 400k left but I'm gonna sell Papac. Tried to sign Kara but the cunt went to Besiktas. My team is....

------------------------------Shagger-----------------------------

Whittaker---------------Toloi-----------Goian--------------Wallace

-----------------------Modise-----------Davis---------------------

Naismith-----------------------Fleck--------------------------Wylde

-----------------------------Vossen--------------------------------

Tempted to sell Jelavic, how good is he over the course of a season? Was a bit hit or miss on my first game.

Toloi is brilliant, really good from corners and scored 3 already, he's solid aswell, conceded 1 since he's been in the team. Not getting the best from Vossen though, yet to score but his link up play has been good. Modise is good, really trick player and dribbles past defenders for fun.

Changed my formation to a 4-3-3

a5gwv4.jpg

Fleck is brilliant playing as a striker set to Trequartista, been scoring and setting up goals every game for me so far.

Jelavic was pish in the last FM aswell. Shipped him after January and had Goodwillie and Griffiths upfront.

Was gonna sign Griffiths but since I've moved Fleck upfront I don't really need another striker. Think I'll keep Jelavic just now and Sell Lafferty when he's fit.

Just made my last signing of the summer, 20 year old Swedish right winger named Jiloan Hamad, attributes look pretty decent and my scout rates him 3.5 stars so think he'll turn out to be a good player.

Paid 500k upfront and a further 500k after 50 league appearances.