*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Has anyone else had bother with goal difference.

In champions league got drawn against Basel, Arsenal, and SLB.

Was all even going into the last game of the group (all teams on 7 pts) and i got absolutely battered by Arsenal, was expecting it to be honest, lot of injuries/suspensions meant i was playing my second 11.

Anyway, Basel beat SLB, which meant them and Arsenal went though, leaving me and SLB on equal points. Now, this is where i thought goal difference would kick in, but im on -2 GD (13 for 15 against) while SLB are on -6 GD (10 for and 16 against).

Surely this means i would get into the Europa league as a third placed team, but the table is showing SLB above me.

Anyone else had this? Is it a known bug? Is there anything i can do about it?

Was all even going into the last game of the group (all teams on 7 pts) and i got absolutely battered by Arsenal, was expecting it to be honest, lot of injuries/suspensions meant i was playing my second 11.

Anyway, Basel beat SLB, which meant them and Arsenal went though, leaving me and SLB on equal points. Now, this is where i thought goal difference would kick in, but im on -2 GD (13 for 15 against) while SLB are on -6 GD (10 for and 16 against).

Surely this means i would get into the Europa league as a third placed team, but the table is showing SLB above me.

Goes to head-to-head I'm sure.

After scoring 17 goals in 17 games last season, Jelle Vossen has only managed to score 1 goal in 8 games so far this season.

That leg break has ruined him. :(

Won 7 out of 8 in the SPL so far, lost 4-1 to St Johnstone :lol:

Also, was handed a tough Champions League Group - Barcelona, Lyon and Anderlect, so far lost to Barcelona and Lyon but I managed to beat Anderlecht 3-2.

Jelle Vossen was absolutely shite for me when i signed him in one of my games.

Sunderland offered me £3.5m for him which I instantly rejected, expecting him to carry over his form from last season. Doubt I will be offered anything like that again unless he improves quickly. :(

Would anyone recommend Carlos Fierro?

His stats look great for his age but he isn't exactly playing in an amazing league.

Been on some personal scouting missions for this lad and had one of my scouts constantly watching him. He and his teammate Erick Torres are amazing but Chivas look for about £10 million each though which is way out of my price range :(

Been on some personal scouting missions for this lad and had one of my scouts constantly watching him. He and his teammate Erick Torres are amazing but Chivas look for about £10 million each though which is way out of my price range :(

Really? Cheers, will have a look at Torres aswell.

My scout reckons I could get Fierro for £3.5million, might sell Vossen and bring this lad in.

Everything going well in all competitions except the Scottish Cup because Dundee Utd put me out 3-2 with a stoppage time winner :(

A triumph in tactics in this match :uk:

Tottenham1-4Rangers.png

1st trophy of the season went my way :D

Rangers6-0DundeeUtd.png

Drew Zenit in the Europa League Quarters, time for some revenge I think

Revenge.png

Fixture dates are fucking horrible though :angry:

fixtures.png

Never went to a head to head, SLB went into the UEFA cup, even though i had better GD and more goals scored.

Fucking bollocks!

WOW.png

OH. MY. GOD.

I will never have any clue how I won this, let alone score 5 goals in the first half! (although I suspect it was my tactical mastery :sherlock:)

Revenge. is. priceless.

Only downside is it's yet another 2 matches added to my fixture list and it's either Man City or Juve :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

I am officialy scared of this team :ph34r:

Thisteamgivesmethefear.png

What a goal by Griffiths for the winner, took the ball from inside his own half on the counter, came to the byline inside the box, cut inside a little and unleashed a rocket that went post and then top corner :praise:

Here's hoping I can hold on for the 2nd leg :thumbup:

I only need to win 1 of my 3 remaining SPL games and the next one is 3 days after that City game, away to Celtic (for the 3RD time this season in the league :shifty:)

Got my laptop back after punching the screen in rage with this shitey fucking game.

Started a new game with my home team Dumbarton.

Semi-Pro in Division 2.

Media Prediction is 8th and the board want me to avoid relegation.

3.7k per week for ages and 5k for transfer budget.

Signed big Bob FTP Malcolm as my anchor in midfield.

Arranged friendlies against Rangers and Dundee Utd for much needed revenue.