*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

In my 3rd season with Rangers and have £8m to spend in summer.

Looking for a striker, right midfielder and a centre back. Any suggestions?

Jan Wuytens (PSV) is a decent CB and around for at least £4m but he may have went to a bigger club.

Check South America for a regen RM called Fuska if you can get him, only 18 but he's dynamite.

Vincent Aboubakar was on a bosman before the season started and he's incredible but I'd look at getting him in anyway, lightning quick and powerful finisher.

Lost the league in the first season with Rangers, Celtic dominated the derbies at Parkhead and I scrappily won at Ibrox.

Got to the 1st knockout stage of the Champions Cup, beat by Man Utd over the two legs.

Worked wonders in the transfer market this year.

Brought in

MacDonald Mariga from Inter on a free ( Amazing so far)

Fernando Gago on a free ( Had to edit my budget big time to pay his wages)

Carlos Fierro, 18 year old from South America

Connor Clifford ( Young midfielder from Chelsea)

Mohammed Abu ( Another young 'un from Man City)

Richie De Laet ( Young defender from Utd)

Beat Brondby and Schalke on the way to the Group stage of the Champions cup and drew my first group game with PSG 1-1

Won the first 6 games of the season scoring 18 and conceding 1.....

Can anyone recommend a cheap striker? In my first season, with Rangers and I need better quality strikers.

Jelle Vossen for about £800k, scored 17 goal in 17 games in my first season but was terrible in the second season so managed to sell him for £3m. Worth a punt though.

I'd also bring in Carlos Fierro but you will have to wait a few season before he becomes a quality striker. I wasn't sure whether to go for him or not in my first season and eventually decided against it. Went back in for him at start of 3rd season and his club want £14M for him.

You could also go for Johnny Russell or Jamie Murphy from the SPL.

Also, make sure you put in a bid for Leigh Griffiths, he can't come until January though because he is on loan at Hibs.

I'm going to sound like a broken record here, get Macheda on loan if he's available. If not, Johnny Russell or Jamie Murphy will do well for you.

Thanks, tried them all, Macheda is at Twente, Russell and Murphys clubs are wanting more than I can afford right now.

Jelle Vossen for about £800k, scored 17 goal in 17 games in my first season but was terrible in the second season so managed to sell him for £3m. Worth a punt though.

I'd also bring in Carlos Fierro but you will have to wait a few season before he becomes a quality striker. I wasn't sure whether to go for him or not in my first season and eventually decided against it. Went back in for him at start of 3rd season and his club want £14M for him.

You could also go for Johnny Russell or Jamie Murphy from the SPL.

Also, make sure you put in a bid for Leigh Griffiths, he can't come until January though because he is on loan at Hibs.

Put in an offer for Fierro earlier but his club wanted more than £1m. Russell and Murphy are out of my price range - their clubs want too much!

Put in a bid for Leigh Griffiths, so hopefully I get him. :P I've bought some 'Kirk' guy from Dunfermline, he was cheap and has 15 finishing so I hope he's worth the gamble!

Anyone having troubles with injuries? 3 out of 4 of my defenders are out and McGregor gets injured constantly, as does Alexander!

Put in an offer for Fierro earlier but his club wanted more than £1m. Russell and Murphy are out of my price range - their clubs want too much!

Put in a bid for Leigh Griffiths, so hopefully I get him. :P I've bought some 'Kirk' guy from Dunfermline, he was cheap and has 15 finishing so I hope he's worth the gamble!

Anyone having troubles with injuries? 3 out of 4 of my defenders are out and McGregor gets injured constantly, as does Alexander!

Andy Kirk? How much did he cost you?

If I'm honest mate, I think he will be lucky to score 10 for you all season. Hopefully he does good for you though, but on my game he's been poor.

If you have a decent bank balance, you could pay with installments or even adjust your budget if you have enough money spare from wages.

Can anyone recommend a cheap striker? In my first season, with Rangers and I need better quality strikers.

goldenboot.jpg

This guy did the trick for me a free transfer in 1st season u will have to untick unrealistic targets if I remember right to find him as u can see quality signing winnin golden boot,best free transfer Ive ever had :uk:

ppp.jpg

v.jpg

Andy Kirk? How much did he cost you?

If I'm honest mate, I think he will be lucky to score 10 for you all season. Hopefully he does good for you though, but on my game he's been poor.

Cost 180k, got injured 15 minutes into his first game though. :anguish:

I've got too many people out right now to complain! :P

If you have a decent bank balance, you could pay with installments or even adjust your budget if you have enough money spare from wages.

Bank balance is £400k right now, trying to pay Jelle Vossen in instalments but I've have to delay it by a week, and my wage budget is £1k over.

goldenboot.jpg

This guy did the trick for me a free transfer in 1st season u will have to untick unrealistic targets if I remember right to find him as u can see quality signing winnin golden boot,best free transfer Ive ever had :uk:

ppp.jpg

v.jpg

Thanks, looks a good player but I'm too late as Napoli have got him. :P

After a great start of being undefeated in 16 games, I lost at home to Killie and have went 3 games without a win including a 0-0 with Celtic at Ibrox.

Positive news is Ibrox has been upgraded to 75,000 seats,think the board spent my transfer budget :craphead:

One of my players keeps getting himself sent off.

I've fined him 2 weeks wages and he was 'concerned' I told him to respect my decision and to drop it.

If he gets sent off again what should I do? Drop the cunt?

Edit - I've also warned him about 3 times and fined him a weeks wages before.

I don't usually put generated faces on so I didn't realise Dominik Mayr was actually a regen doh

He is good though as he has a 'big 4' team chasing him...

mayr.png

You hire Valter Berlini as your asst. manager as well?