*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

My new German chairman refused to update the training grounds, so not quite sure what funds I can be expecting.

Just two games in so far- a 0-0 draw with Hearts, and a 2-0 win in Albania in the Champions League. Aluko yet to play, he's out for two months, and Naismith is only just getting back to fitness now.

Gonna need to get a new assistant manager as soon as I can. Hating having to set each individual player's instructions for the game, whereas my assistant normally does that if they have good tactical knowledge. McDowall does not have that.

Also, team talks are starting to piss me off. No matter what I say or how I say it, some of them just 'switch off' or are angered by what I say. Edu especially.

Been a mixed start to the season for me.

Domestically has been pretty poor. A 0-0 draw with Hearts was followed by a 4-1 win at St Johnstone, with Bartley, Healy, Wylde and Bedoya netting. That's been my only league win though, as I then lost 1-0 at Inverness and Bedoya grabbed an equaliser against Motherwell.

Reached the Champions League group stages though fairly easily. Beat Skenderbeu 2-0 in Albania, Gregg Wylde and a Whittaker penalty pretty much sending me through. Won 6-0 at Ibrox, with doubles from Hemmings, Naismith and Celik.

Followed that up with a 2-2 draw at home to Litex Lovech, although won 4-0 in Bulgaria.

Bedoya has been my star man so far, but really struggling up front. Healy only has 1 goal, and Hemmings, lafferty, Celik, Aluko and Naismith have been struggling with injuries all season.

Sitting on -5 points, I'd say 2nd is realistic.

EDIT- £6million for progressing to the group stages is handy. In a group with Arsenal, Shakhtar and Trabzonspor, which isn't impossible.

Edu injured 7 seconds into the first Old Firm game of the season. Helpful.

Healy with the opener, his 3rd in 3 games, before Stokes scored a screamer to equalise. Pretty much an open game, and in the 94th minute, they had a corner. Bartley breaks, plays it through to Davis, who hammers it into the top corner.

Easy.

I've went on like a 10 game draw streak in the Championship with Sheffield Wednesday after getting promoted in my first season from League One. It's starting to piss me off and I'm not really playing the game as much any more.

Not sure if I should start with Admin'd Rangers or do something different.

How's everyone getting on with Rangers in the update? Struggling without any money here. :(

I've been pretty poor, but that's mainly to do with injuries. Having to play Healy/Hemmings on their own up front while Lafferty is coming back. Been average in the league, although I think I've almost made up the ten points. Celik and Bedoya have been brilliant so far for me, my two best players. Usually line up like this:

McGregor

Whittaker Goian/Bartley Bocanegra Wallace

Bedoya Edu

Davis Naismith Celik

Healy

How's everyone getting on with Rangers in the update? Struggling without any money here. :(

Im actually doing quite good so far upto 4th in league and only drew once and defeated once also in CL im 2nd after 4 games was disapointed to draw with Genk home and away but happy to get a draw against R.Madrid and beat CSKA Moscow away (tu)

Im actually doing quite good so far upto 4th in league and only drew once and defeated once also in CL im 2nd after 4 games was disapointed to draw with Genk home and away but happy to get a draw against R.Madrid and beat CSKA Moscow away (tu)

I used to save and turn the game off and restart when I wasn't getting my way too (tu)