*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

I've started the 'British Steel' Challenge on Sortitoutsi.

Basically winning every British competition (Including Lower League etc.), only signing British players.

Started with Afan Lido, the team who were predicted to finish last in the Welsh league. So should be interesting.

Went Rangers, first season finished 3 points behind the taigs(blaming that on the -10 start I had). Was bought by Charles V(Canny remember the rest of his name). Signed Guti and Pascal Feindouno as I had no money at the start. Feindouno ended up second top scorer and him up front with Thievy Bfouma was quality. Signed Bfouma, Anthony Mounier and Diego Rivas in January. Got rid of every youth in the first team and reserve bar Ness and Wylde, also sold Edu in Jan. Put in a group with AC, Man Utd and a Turkish mob in the CL and came 2nd then was beaten 1-0 on agg vs Inter in the next stage. Won 1 cup but shat all over the taigs in goal difference.

Now nearly at July and have sold Fleck(1.5m), Mckay/Bedoya/Alexander etc(deadwood) released, Jig(250k), Papac(375k). Got offers of 5.75m for Mounier and 4.5m for Naisy. Rejected them but accepted 3.5m for Davis as he's a wee prick in this game. Signed a few guys on pre-contracts who's name's escape me and Gulacsi(Goalkeeper from Lpool on loan as cover for Greegs). Hopefully get a decent budget to toy around with this summer. (tu)

I've been pretty poor, but that's mainly to do with injuries. Having to play Healy/Hemmings on their own up front while Lafferty is coming back. Been average in the league, although I think I've almost made up the ten points. Celik and Bedoya have been brilliant so far for me, my two best players. Usually line up like this:

McGregor

Whittaker Goian/Bartley Bocanegra Wallace

Bedoya Edu

Davis Naismith Celik

Healy

For the first half of the season I played

McGregor

Bartley/Whittaker Goian Bocanegra Wallace/Whittaker

Celik Davis Edu/Ness Wylde

Jig(target man) Aluko

It worked really well, especially up front. Set Wylde and Celik's roles as wingers too. I had Naisy injured the first half of the season though. (tu)

My game doesn't seem to open anymore...tried for a week now just says "This Game Is Currently Unavailable, try at another time"

Any ideas?

I had that happen to me and I went to task manager and ended the steam tree or something like that, you'd probably be best asking on an FM forum as that might not be right and I don't wanna ruin your game or anything.

Just started 2nd season with Rangers on the new update. Got took over quite early on in the game but the chariman's been a tighter than a ducks arse!! Finished 3rd in the first season due to the points deduction. 9 points behind the scum. :anguish:

mww4et.png

Signings in the first season were mostly loans because the wage budget was quite high, Holosko was dynamite though scoring 30-odd goals!

2yyxxs3.png

2637rrm.png

Managed to re-build the squad in the summer, with the sale of Whittaker raising some much needed funds. Bertolacci, Montoya and De Las Cuevas are looking quality already! Also signed this youngster from the youth candidates:

5wlg6q.png

Anyone that has the Spanish leagues loaded should also take a look at Moises. A free agent in September and my assistant says he has the potential to be better than Davis. :drool:

34eckjm.png

The youth candidates? Where do I find this?

Every year around March, you get a list of youth trialists that will be on trial for about a month, and you can sign the ones that you want.

Your assistant manager will give you the list and recommend which players to go for etc.

Every year around March, you get a list of youth trialists that will be on trial for about a month, and you can sign the ones that you want.

Your assistant manager will give you the list and recommend which players to go for etc.

Ah, I see. Must of missed that.

Cheers mate.

My game doesn't seem to open anymore...tried for a week now just says "This Game Is Currently Unavailable, try at another time"

Any ideas?

Open steam > Library > right click on Football Manager 2012 > Properties > Local Files > Verify Local Game Content.

That should sort you out, happens to me when I get updates for some reason :)

Just as a warning, one of the FM editor people or whatever they're called lol, posted on their twitter a while ago that leaving the scout day to your assistant, can make you lose out on some quality players. Like they don't always pick up on them. As you know, the assistant managers usually are pretty shitty, like if you ask them to pick the team or whatever. :)

Fantastic season for him so far, easily my star man. 11 for the season, and a 9.9 rating. :praise:

33oirys.png

My first away win in the league since the St Johnstone game at the start of the season, having lost to Inverness, Dundee Utd, Dunfermline and Hearts.

Going well in Europe. A 4-0 defeat to Arsenal was expected, but I beat Trabzonspor 2-0 at Ibrox, Healy grabbing both, and came from 2-1 down to win 3-2 against Donetsk.

EDIT- Just been given a transfer budget of just under £5million, and it's only November.