Sign in to follow this  
laudrupno1

*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

Just started 2nd season with Rangers on the new update. Got took over quite early on in the game but the chariman's been a tighter than a ducks arse!! Finished 3rd in the first season due to the points deduction. 9 points behind the scum. :anguish:

mww4et.png

Signings in the first season were mostly loans because the wage budget was quite high, Holosko was dynamite though scoring 30-odd goals!

2yyxxs3.png

2637rrm.png

Managed to re-build the squad in the summer, with the sale of Whittaker raising some much needed funds. Bertolacci, Montoya and De Las Cuevas are looking quality already! Also signed this youngster from the youth candidates:

5wlg6q.png

Anyone that has the Spanish leagues loaded should also take a look at Moises. A free agent in September and my assistant says he has the potential to be better than Davis. :drool:

34eckjm.png

The youth candidates? Where do I find this?

Every year around March, you get a list of youth trialists that will be on trial for about a month, and you can sign the ones that you want.

Your assistant manager will give you the list and recommend which players to go for etc.

PRW. likes this

Every year around March, you get a list of youth trialists that will be on trial for about a month, and you can sign the ones that you want.

Your assistant manager will give you the list and recommend which players to go for etc.

Ah, I see. Must of missed that.

Cheers mate.

My game doesn't seem to open anymore...tried for a week now just says "This Game Is Currently Unavailable, try at another time"

Any ideas?

Open steam > Library > right click on Football Manager 2012 > Properties > Local Files > Verify Local Game Content.

That should sort you out, happens to me when I get updates for some reason :)

Just as a warning, one of the FM editor people or whatever they're called lol, posted on their twitter a while ago that leaving the scout day to your assistant, can make you lose out on some quality players. Like they don't always pick up on them. As you know, the assistant managers usually are pretty shitty, like if you ask them to pick the team or whatever. :)

Fantastic season for him so far, easily my star man. 11 for the season, and a 9.9 rating. :praise:

33oirys.png

My first away win in the league since the St Johnstone game at the start of the season, having lost to Inverness, Dundee Utd, Dunfermline and Hearts.

Going well in Europe. A 4-0 defeat to Arsenal was expected, but I beat Trabzonspor 2-0 at Ibrox, Healy grabbing both, and came from 2-1 down to win 3-2 against Donetsk.

EDIT- Just been given a transfer budget of just under £5million, and it's only November.

My home form this season has been incredible. Still unbeaten in all competitions, including wins over Celtic, Trabzonspor, Shakhtar and now Arsenal. Shakhtar now sit on 10 points in the group, us on nine points, and then Arsenal 3 behind me. A draw in Turkey and I'm through to the group stages for the first time in this game. :praise:

David Healy has been sensational so far, and offered him a new contract. Two hat tricks in three games, taking his tally to 12 in 15 in the league and 14 overall. Celik on nine in 12, and 14 overall as well.

My home form this season has been incredible. Still unbeaten in all competitions, including wins over Celtic, Trabzonspor, Shakhtar and now Arsenal. Shakhtar now sit on 10 points in the group, us on nine points, and then Arsenal 3 behind me. A draw in Turkey and I'm through to the group stages for the first time in this game. :praise:

David Healy has been sensational so far, and offered him a new contract. Two hat tricks in three games, taking his tally to 12 in 15 in the league and 14 overall. Celik on nine in 12, and 14 overall as well.

Good going mate (tu) I play Perry nearly every game and he's been brilliant scored 8 goals too at half way mark :lol: and Little has been great for me too I rotate between him and Healy to keep them both happy (tu)

Good going mate (tu) I play Perry nearly every game and he's been brilliant scored 8 goals too at half way mark :lol: and Little has been great for me too I rotate between him and Healy to keep them both happy (tu)

I brought a few of the kids in when I was struggling at the start of the season- Perry I play sometimes, Wylde is ahead of Aluko on the left and I've been giving Gordon Dick some game time as well. Been decent so far.

Do Little & Healy get better stats in the update? (tu)