*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Won the league and got given £10m to spend from Whyte. Signed Sanogo and Shiels on free transfers. £3m on dos Santos, £200,000 on Murray Davidson and £1.5m on Goodwillie. Also got Bartley back on loan.

Just started a new game with Rangers last night (Not in admin as I downloaded the game and not sure how to update) hee haw to spend really but I got McFadden, Murphy and Felipe Anderson. I sold Broadfoot, Lafferty, Bedoya and Alexander.

McFadden came on a free, Murphy was 900k and Felipe Anderson was £4 million over 48 months. In total took in £3.8 million for the sales as I really don’t think I need those players.

Loaned out Fleck, Ness, Perry and McCabe while making some additions to coaching and scouts.

Not very far into the game but I came through the CL qualifiers 4-1 on agg (Won 3-0 at home and played a second string away to draw 1-1).

Won my opening 5 games so far domestically, Celtic have done the same while hearts are 3 behind. Jelavic and Murphy are proving to be a great partnership with 8 goals between them but McFadden has been average and is unhappy at lack of game time already.

Had 10.5 million to spend in January. Tried for Juanmi , they wanted 15 million. Got Leandro for 7.5 million and Engaalar(?) for 500k. Leandro 1st game and he got a hattrick , second game he got injured and is out for 5-6 months :disappointment: . Got Marco Ruben on loan. Hearts are 10 points clear , we would be top if we weren't in admin.

Aye so trailing Hearts by 5 points at the top , game decides to give me - Motherwell (A) 1.4.12 , Hearts (H) 3.4.12 and Arsenal (A) 5.4.12. Wit!?!

I'd say appeal to the SPL for a reschedule...but we all know how that would go!

In all seriousness though that is crazy...can't ever recall being given games that close in more than a decade of CM/FM!

Has anyone ever taken the risk of letting your physios treat an ill player with the cold etc instead of sending them home?

I've always wanted to but chicken out :disappointment:

Sometimes it works then other times 3 or 4 first squad players come down with it too...so it's not really worth it.

I always sign too many players after the first season and ruin my team. :(

I was prone to do that myself, used to overload my team with strikers and midfielders and they would become unsettled if not playing every week.

It's a bugger if you get knocked out the cups and europe then can't rotate them either.

I'd say appeal to the SPL for a reschedule...but we all know how that would go!

In all seriousness though that is crazy...can't ever recall being given games that close in more than a decade of CM/FM!

I strolled Motherwell 3-0 and beat Hearts in the last 5 minutes , Arsenal shagged me 5-0.

Last Fm I had to play Tuesday/Wednesday :lol:

Aye so trailing Hearts by 5 points at the top , game decides to give me - Motherwell (A) 1.4.12 , Hearts (H) 3.4.12 and Arsenal (A) 5.4.12. Wit!?!

Have had similar work in my favour on previous FM. Was business end of the season and was 3 points clear of Celtic who then had to play 4 games in 7 days and only won 1 of them and I had a stroll to the title thereafter!

Beat them 1-0 at the piggery , Ross Perry 83rd minute header :D. They got Stokes and Kayal sent off before half time :lol: Ref gave us a penalty too , missed it. Hearts away on the last day , need a draw or a win to win the league , a 1st half Naismith hat-rick won it for us :D. After fining Davis , Naismith and Whittaker in January and a very good team meeting they were back on track again. Davis with 15 goals and 18 assists and Naismith with 17 goals and 13 assists was just :drool: .

Would also recommend picking up some of the Barcelona youngsters that are listed , got Tello , Cuesna(sp) and Dos Santos for 5.5 million combined. Got Coutinho and Sanogo for free :drool: . Building a cracking team and hopefully we will be challenging in Europe soon.