*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Pld 38 Won 32 Drw 5 Lse 1 For 80 GA 14 Points 101.

26 points ahead of them. Want to push on in Europe after last season with beating Man utd 3-2 away and Juve 4-1 away , Ended going out by getting humped by Shaktar or something.

Say this every post but get Sanago for anyone starting a new game , get him in January on a pre contract , 37 goals in 40 games.

Absolutely fuming. Six straight SPL wins on the bounce. Hearts away next morale is low as a league cup exit and an away European defeat so I organize a team meeting that goes disastrously.

Onto the park despite a turgid game (mainly thanks to Mr. Negative tactic man here going 5-3-1-1 with two of the three centre mids been used as BWM on Defend duty) we take the lead in the 86th minute through John Fleck.

Play goes on and we look like seeing the game out and making it seven wins in a row as well as going five points clear of this Hearts side. Anichebe goes down injured however Hearts play on and launch a long ball downfield rather than kick it out despite the fact he can't move. Templeton who is well offside then rounds the goalkeeper and scores. So they should have put the ball out and he was offside :anguish: Finished 1-1.

My SPL record is still very good with six wins and that draw out of seven. I've scored 14 but more impressively only conceded two goals one of them been that controversial one and that was the first goal I'd conceded since the opening day.

Europe though hasn't been great. A home draw with Wolfsburg who I walked off the park was followed by a loss in Marseille. Already thinking I'll be lucky to get third as I have a double header with Real Madrid coming up and I got knocked out the CIS Cup by a pish team :anguish:

Cuellar though has been sensational on his return. Got good options at CB with him Goian, Perry & Boca (tu)

I'm the opposite, i seem to do great in europe (i thumped inter something like 6-1 to qualify for the champions league) then i seem to go on to draw/lost against the likes of St Mirren and St Johnstone.

First game with Rangers I did three seasons & got 84, 88 and 80 points respectively.

Started anew and got 91 points last season but I got very lucky with fixtures. As I got Hearts & Celtic @ home three times. Imagine the uproar if it was real life :lol:

For some unfathomable reason I always real a bit dissatisfied if I don't get 85+ points but I'm really gunning for 90+ points even if I'm still tanking the league as I want to be very consistent. My new game I just want to build on my record of 91 points from last season and 6 wins & a draw is a good way to start.

The other thing is in my games I generally start the season really well. In three of the last four I've won 10 drew 1 and lost 1 of my opening 12 games but then it seems to fade away not sure why that is.

Anyway doing a bit of revision now but my next three games are St Mirren, Dunfermline & Motherwell. Looks like 9 points out of 9 on paper which would merit an excellent start to the season. Although Hearts will match me all the way I think. They got Boyota on loan who is an absolute rock (tu)

Anyone who's been Newcastle, how did you get the best out Ba and Cisse?

I'm only three games into the League season, which has seen me lose to Fulham and Tottenham, and beat Sunderland 1-0. My only goalscorer in the league though is Coloccini, both from corners. I've got Cisse playing as a poacher and Ba a target man/advanced forward, but neither are even getting in the right positions.

best_newcastle_team.jpg

Ba and Cisse are both banging them in. Cisse missed out on the ACON for some reason, not that I'm complaining and he's scored in every game since! Still waiting on Ba to return.

Steven Taylor is a goal scoring machine too, 8 goals and 3 assists all from CB. :lol:

Took time to get going but after 22 games I'm 5th, 6 points behind Chelsea in 4th.

P.S I edited the newcastle kits to get more stripes. :lol:

That's pretty much what I've got, expect ben Arfa is still out so I'm switching between Marveaux and Obertan. Just go a 0-0 draw at Swansea now, really struggling early on.

Although Cisse just scored there just now against QPR, hopefully they both kick on sharpish.

Binned the Hamburg save and went Blackpool instead and managed to get promoted in first season finishing 2nd :) Was delighted with that as thought it might take afew seasons to get promoted and was only asked by the board for top half finish,only had £2m to spend so bought Kello from Hearts for £1m and that was it Fleck,Wilson were already there on loan and got afew free transfers Luigi Bruins,Ahmed Soukouna,Eric Addo and took a gamble on Mateja Kezman which thankfully worked out well,got £16m now to spend in the EPL happy days :uk:

Went on to win the next three games after that Hearts debacle but then lost 3-0 at Hibs & I lost to Madrid away from home in the CL.

Rather than collapsing though my team have gone on a great run of form. 7 straight SPL wins followed that defeat at Hibs including a 1-0 Old Firm victory over Celtic at Ibrox. I've also only conceded 2 goals in those 7 games.

Best of all came in Europe though. I got an amazing victory at Ibrox over Real Madrid and then followed it up with a incredible game away to Wolfsburg where I beat them 4-3. Sadly I wasn't able to qualify for the last 16 as I draw in the last game against Marseille while Real destroyed Wolfsburg.

Despite my incredible domestic start (16 wins 1 draw 1 defeat in 18 games) I'm only six points ahead of Celtic who have recovered from losing the first two SPL games to go on a run of 14 wins 1 draw & 1 defeat. The defeat coming against me at Ibrox.

Next up in the league is the Scum at Parkhead so victory in that would see me 9 points clear but considering the consistency they're showing and apart from the first two games they've matched my form I wouldnt consider it over (tu)

a2vwo1.jpg

rbh6bl.jpg

j7ruox.jpg

Some domestic record there mate :drool:(tu)

Thanks :P I've now played 30, won 29 and drawn 1. The Rangers team is actually amazing in the game!

I'll recommend Tore Reginiussen to everyone, cost me £1.2m or so, Bocanegra and him at the back :drool:

Got £10m to spend in January so I bought Taarabt and Mauro Formica, also the defender above, been using a few of the youths as well and they're brilliant, especially Rhys McCabe on the right!

Thanks :P I've now played 30, won 29 and drawn 1. The Rangers team is actually amazing in the game!

I'll recommend Tore Reginiussen to everyone, cost me £1.2m or so, Bocanegra and him at the back :drool:

Got £10m to spend in January so I bought Taarabt and Mauro Formica, also the defender above, been using a few of the youths as well and they're brilliant, especially Rhys McCabe on the right!

I'll have a look at him my new owner is some Scottish guy whose an absolute tight arse. If he put a bit of money on the table I could grab Ben Afra but apparently not.

I'm playing Cuellar and Goian at the back and they've been so good for me. As you can see my whole team has conceded 9 goals in 18 games and I've kept 11 clean sheets so far. Most impressively I've conceded one goal at Ibrox in 9 games :drool:

McCabe came in last year during the run in and did well. Using him in stages at the moment. Planning to throw Jamie Ness into the Old Firm derby mind. The game after the Old Firm is Dunfermline at home so I'll give McCabe 90 minutes there.

I'm really proud of my domestic record this year and it's still not a patch on yours :lol: whats your secret?

I'll have a look at him my new owner is some Scottish guy whose an absolute tight arse. If he put a bit of money on the table I could grab Ben Afra but apparently not.

I'm playing Cuellar and Goian at the back and they've been so good for me. As you can see my whole team has conceded 9 goals in 18 games and I've kept 11 clean sheets so far. Most impressively I've conceded one goal at Ibrox in 9 games :drool:

McCabe came in last year during the run in and did well. Using him in stages at the moment. Planning to throw Jamie Ness into the Old Firm derby mind. The game after the Old Firm is Dunfermline at home so I'll give McCabe 90 minutes there.

I'm really proud of my domestic record this year and it's still not a patch on yours :lol: whats your secret?

I got an Italian guy who doesn't seem to be afraid of spending! Gave me £10m in January and also upgraded facilities costing £19m.

I went 12 games without conceding at one point, Goals for - 82, Goals against - 12. I went through a phase of beating most teams about 5 - 0 :lol: Now we appear to be getting tired and scraping through games 1 - 0 or so but a win is a win!

I've played McCabe since the start of the season but I had to due to injuries and no money for replacements until January but he had a lot of assists and a few goals so I felt that I couldn't drop him :P

I don't really know to be honest, I just thought the team was really good :lol: Strong defence I guess with my two 4 star centre-backs, Lee Wallace is a four star left-back on mine and then there's Broadfoot... I play 5 in midfield, 3 in the center with two out wide but slightly advanced if you get me? And one up top, varies between Naismith and Lafferty.

Midfield 3 is usually - Davis - Edu - Bedoya but sometimes Guti (free agent) is put in there or Taraabt if someone is missing. Wylde is brilliant on then left, I still had him in my update!

Also think that just attacking teams helps, the lowest setting I go is control and I like to think that my custom training programmes give us the edge!

I got an Italian guy who doesn't seem to be afraid of spending! Gave me £10m in January and also upgraded facilities costing £19m.

I went 12 games without conceding at one point, Goals for - 82, Goals against - 12. I went through a phase of beating most teams about 5 - 0 :lol: Now we appear to be getting tired and scraping through games 1 - 0 or so but a win is a win!

I've played McCabe since the start of the season but I had to due to injuries and no money for replacements until January but he had a lot of assists and a few goals so I felt that I couldn't drop him :P

I don't really know to be honest, I just thought the team was really good :lol: Strong defence I guess with my two 4 star centre-backs, Lee Wallace is a four star left-back on mine and then there's Broadfoot... I play 5 in midfield, 3 in the center with two out wide but slightly advanced if you get me? And one up top, varies between Naismith and Lafferty.

Midfield 3 is usually - Davis - Edu - Bedoya but sometimes Guti (free agent) is put in there or Taraabt if someone is missing. Wylde is brilliant on then left, I still had him in my update!

Also think that just attacking teams helps, the lowest setting I go is control and I like to think that my custom training programmes give us the edge!

I switch between Wylde & Aluko on the left and Naismith on the right. I have three tactics one is the one McCoist used recently against Celtic which I use in Europe and works quite well. Other than that I play a rigid slow tempo control 4-4-2 with direct passing or a 4-2-3-1 which is short passing quick tempo attacking.

My defence in the second season is pretty much always Wallace-Cuellar-Goian-Whittaker. Defence has been solid and the only small criticism I have is the CB's lack speed but they hardly get shown up in the SPL.

CM is usually Davis and this guy I signed from Cardiff from Gunarsson whose pretty decent. Sold Edu as he was in the last year of his contract and wanted £20,000+! a week. Signed this young Italian guy just now for pittance who looked good on his debut but then we were playing Dunfermline. He plays DM with support duty.

On the wing or as attacking midfielders I've got Aluko, Naismith, Fleck, McCabe, Wylde, Celik and McKay to choose from. Naismith has been great this season I challenged him to earn a new contract but his form has dipped a bit since he got it :lol: Aluko is inconsistent but good same with Fleck. McCabe has been alright but I've never given him a consistent run which I'm determine to do now. Wylde is impressive whenever he plays but like Aluko blows hot and cold.

Up front I've got Lafferty, Daly, Macheda & Anichebe. Anichebe has been really good for me and reminds me of Cousin. Lafferty has always been mediocre both seasons (how do you use him?), Daly had a good start but then got injured for 7 months & Macheda is really starting to hit form now.

Any tips you'd have for training schedules would be helpful? (tu)

I switch between Wylde & Aluko on the left and Naismith on the right. I have three tactics one is the one McCoist used recently against Celtic which I use in Europe and works quite well. Other than that I play a rigid slow tempo control 4-4-2 with direct passing or a 4-2-3-1 which is short passing quick tempo attacking.

My defence in the second season is pretty much always Wallace-Cuellar-Goian-Whittaker. Defence has been solid and the only small criticism I have is the CB's lack speed but they hardly get shown up in the SPL.

CM is usually Davis and this guy I signed from Cardiff from Gunarsson whose pretty decent. Sold Edu as he was in the last year of his contract and wanted £20,000+! a week. Signed this young Italian guy just now for pittance who looked good on his debut but then we were playing Dunfermline. He plays DM with support duty.

On the wing or as attacking midfielders I've got Aluko, Naismith, Fleck, McCabe, Wylde, Celik and McKay to choose from. Naismith has been great this season I challenged him to earn a new contract but his form has dipped a bit since he got it :lol: Aluko is inconsistent but good same with Fleck. McCabe has been alright but I've never given him a consistent run which I'm determine to do now. Wylde is impressive whenever he plays but like Aluko blows hot and cold.

Up front I've got Lafferty, Daly, Macheda & Anichebe. Anichebe has been really good for me and reminds me of Cousin. Lafferty has always been mediocre both seasons (how do you use him?), Daly had a good start but then got injured for 7 months & Macheda is really starting to hit form now.

Any tips you'd have for training schedules would be helpful? (tu)

I always play on 'Very fluid', usually have it on attacking as well. I play a high defensive line and my tempo is pretty quick as well.

Naismith is amazing for me, had a few offers of £3m or so for him but I always send back saying I want £10m :P

Just have him up top on his one set on 'advanced front man' he's not that great but I get a lot of goals from midfield and Naismith scores a lot too! Quite a lot of my goals come from my centre-backs at corners actually, when I signed Reginiussen he scored a hattrick in his first goal, all from corners :lol:

Always just make my own custom schedules, it it's for defence I put defending at the top (as in the bar), also put quite a bit of emphasis on strength and aerobic they're always on 'high' as I'd like to think that it gives us an edge to keep going when other teams get tired!

Midfield would have defending and attacking at 'high', ball control and tactics around 'medium' and I just left shooting as with the 'high' aerobic and strength I had nothing left, but they're pretty good at it anyway!

I always play on 'Very fluid', usually have it on attacking as well. I play a high defensive line and my tempo is pretty quick as well.

Naismith is amazing for me, had a few offers of £3m or so for him but I always send back saying I want £10m :P

Just have him up top on his one set on 'advanced front man' he's not that great but I get a lot of goals from midfield and Naismith scores a lot too! Quite a lot of my goals come from my centre-backs at corners actually, when I signed Reginiussen he scored a hattrick in his first goal, all from corners :lol:

Always just make my own custom schedules, it it's for defence I put defending at the top (as in the bar), also put quite a bit of emphasis on strength and aerobic they're always on 'high' as I'd like to think that it gives us an edge to keep going when other teams get tired!

Midfield would have defending and attacking at 'high', ball control and tactics around 'medium' and I just left shooting as with the 'high' aerobic and strength I had nothing left, but they're pretty good at it anyway!

Cheers mate I have one training philosophy for all players so will segregate it by position in order to score my goals. In my first season I was on 50 goals after 19 games but then Jelavic left and I didn't score many the rest of the season. Same so far this I think my top scorer has 6 goals and its Naismith. I don't mind too much though as defence is rock solid and everyone is chipping in.

My CB's are good as well. Goian, Boca and Cuellar have probably got about 10-15 goals between them in all competitions so far this season. One year on FM Goian got 15 goals for me :lol:

Celtic just went out and spent £9 million on James McCarthy. I went to the board and asked for funds to keep up with our rivals and they gave me £400,000 extra despite our CL run bringing in £6 million :anguish:

Cheers mate I have one training philosophy for all players so will segregate it by position in order to score my goals. In my first season I was on 50 goals after 19 games but then Jelavic left and I didn't score many the rest of the season. Same so far this I think my top scorer has 6 goals and its Naismith. I don't mind too much though as defence is rock solid and everyone is chipping in.

My CB's are good as well. Goian, Boca and Cuellar have probably got about 10-15 goals between them in all competitions so far this season. One year on FM Goian got 15 goals for me :lol:

Celtic just went out and spent £9 million on James McCarthy. I went to the board and asked for funds to keep up with our rivals and they gave me £400,000 extra despite our CL run bringing in £6 million :anguish:

I do it all in order of position, seems to work for me at others club as well! :)

Centre-backs can be amazing! Boca and Reginiussen have scored quite a few for me from corners which is always a bonus!

Try the free agents as well, I got Guti on a free out with the window as we had been taken over and I had money to spend, 34 but was still very good!

Just got beaten 1 - 0 by Man City at home, we were solid then in the 89th minute gave away a free kick on the edge of the box which Jamie Milner obliged to put into the top corner, McGregor almost got to it as well. :(

I do it all in order of position, seems to work for me at others club as well! :)

Centre-backs can be amazing! Boca and Reginiussen have scored quite a few for me from corners which is always a bonus!

Try the free agents as well, I got Guti on a free out with the window as we had been taken over and I had money to spend, 34 but was still very good!

Just got beaten 1 - 0 by Man City at home, we were solid then in the 89th minute gave away a free kick on the edge of the box which Jamie Milner obliged to put into the top corner, McGregor almost got to it as well. :(

My wage budget is well over at the moment. It's a pity because Graham Dorrans is availabe on loan for £400,000 but I can't afford to take up his wages. So even free transfers are outside my range.

Just worried that I might start to lose my luck later on in the season as I've won a lot of games by one or two goal margins while Celtic seem to be smashing teams by three - five goals on a regular basis.

I've been unable to sell Bedoya or McKay at all. Even offered them for nothing just to reduce the wage bill and nothing! Hopefully when summer comes I can move them on and a few contracts come to an end which should free up some wages.

Cheers for the tips and I'll look into some of those names you never know but unless I can move players on I doubt I'll be able to bring anybody else in. I might try and sell Gunnarson and hope this young Italian / Jig can cover for him. I'm loath to do that though as he's young and I think part of my defensive success has to be attributed to having him in CM permanently as BWM set on defend (tu)

My wage budget is well over at the moment. It's a pity because Graham Dorrans is availabe on loan for £400,000 but I can't afford to take up his wages. So even free transfers are outside my range.

Just worried that I might start to lose my luck later on in the season as I've won a lot of games by one or two goal margins while Celtic seem to be smashing teams by three - five goals on a regular basis.

I've been unable to sell Bedoya or McKay at all. Even offered them for nothing just to reduce the wage bill and nothing! Hopefully when summer comes I can move them on and a few contracts come to an end which should free up some wages.

Cheers for the tips and I'll look into some of those names you never know but unless I can move players on I doubt I'll be able to bring anybody else in. I might try and sell Gunnarson and hope this young Italian / Jig can cover for him. I'm loath to do that though as he's young and I think part of my defensive success has to be attributed to having him in CM permanently as BWM set on defend (tu)

Ah, unlucky! :P

It's getting towards the end of the season with me, just a game or two before the split and I think that we're losing steam a little now with a few scraped 1 - 0 wins.

My FM keeps crashing now though, when I'm trying to sign a new fitness coach. <cr>

Has Aluko been given an upgrade with any updates? Had a look at him when he was a bosman a few months ago back on an old version and his stats were guff!

Yup. Think flair is about 16/17 now. Improved quite a bit since the update.