*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Just started a new Rangers game, hadn't realised you started with 10 point deduction and after I won my first two games and saw I was bottom of the league I was thinking what the fuck is going on!? :lol:doh

Won 13 out of 13 though and I'm top, scum are 5th :lol:

Looks like I'm dropping into Europa League though from the CL group. Celik is on fire for me though! Tried to ship him and Wylde to be realistic but Celik is amazing for me and Wylde wouldn't sell :(

Finances are shit but my performances on the park aren't too shabby :happy:

Managed to turn things around with Rangers since January. Got £7m to spend, so i splashed the cash.

The wages were still rubbish, so i swapped out some of my transfer budget to sort that as well as getting rid of players.

Papac went to Leocester for £425k.

Kerkar mutual termination.

Broadfoot (Ipswich), McCulloch (Leeds) and Perry (St. Mirren) all left on loan with the other clubs picking up 50% of the wages.

In came:

Knut Olav Rindaroy on loan from Molde to replace Papac.

Shaun Hutchinson from Motherwell for £1.2m

Johnny Russell from Dun Utd for £1.9m

Lukas Marecek from Anderlecht for £2.1m

Fator Beqiraj from Dinamo on loan. He was a strange one. Played 30games for Dinamo this season scoring 16 goals but they still let him go for £110k. He's currently got 6 in 5 for me.

Currently on a 7 game winning streak in the SPL. Sitting 4th.

Just started a new Rangers game, hadn't realised you started with 10 point deduction and after I won my first two games and saw I was bottom of the league I was thinking what the fuck is going on!? :lol:doh

Won 13 out of 13 though and I'm top, scum are 5th :lol:

Looks like I'm dropping into Europa League though from the CL group. Celik is on fire for me though! Tried to ship him and Wylde to be realistic but Celik is amazing for me and Wylde wouldn't sell :(

Finances are shit but my performances on the park aren't too shabby :happy:

Celik was ridiculously good for me as well. Normally played him and Wylde as attacking wingers or whatever they're called, and Celik got 4 against Aberdeen in one game. Was my highest average rating if I remember.

Recently started a save with Southampton, which seems to be a kind of neutral's team. Everyone gives them a shot at some point it seems. Not too bad in the league- draws with West Ham and Bristol City, and a couple of wins. Out the cup though, losing to Burnley late on.

Being ripped apart by injuries and a lack of fitness though. Had Sharp, Lambert, Du Prado and Connelly all out injured at one point, so went with Tadanari Lee (who's pretty good actually) and a 16 year old up front. Lot of my players seem to be struggling with the fixture schedule as well, all about 80% or so going into a game.

Celik was ridiculously good for me as well. Normally played him and Wylde as attacking wingers or whatever they're called, and Celik got 4 against Aberdeen in one game. Was my highest average rating if I remember.

Recently started a save with Southampton, which seems to be a kind of neutral's team. Everyone gives them a shot at some point it seems. Not too bad in the league- draws with West Ham and Bristol City, and a couple of wins. Out the cup though, losing to Burnley late on.

Being ripped apart by injuries and a lack of fitness though. Had Sharp, Lambert, Du Prado and Connelly all out injured at one point, so went with Tadanari Lee (who's pretty good actually) and a 16 year old up front. Lot of my players seem to be struggling with the fixture schedule as well, all about 80% or so going into a game.

Are expectations to get promoted there, yeah? And what kind of budget do you get?

Just picked up a game that I left a while ago. Got caught up in University work and other things, but this game was brilliant.

I'm doing the 'British Steel' Challenge, which is basically to win every trophy in Britain, using only British players.

I started in Wales with the team predicted to finish last, and in the first season am currently challenging for the title. It's pretty easy at that level with free agents etc. though.

Offered Jelavic a contract at Falkirk when he had a few months left. Wouldnt entertain me. Early september and his agent is touting me to him. Offered him a contract but not all that sure if I should take him... Already got 2 croatian strikers at the club who have a lot better potential.

Ripping the Championship apart with Southampton, really enjoying the save. Top by five points after West Ham slipped up, still undefeated in the league. Highlights have been 4-0 v Blackpool, 6-3 at Ipswich and 3-0 at Millwall.

Hadn't heard of him before, but they have a Japanese striker called Tadanari Lee. Absolutely phenomenal start for him since I've started playing him due to injuries. Do Prado, Lambert and Sharp have all been injured for a short spell, so I gave him a shot. 7 goals in ten league games and three assists, including a hat trick in my last match.

I'm pretty spoiled for choice in my attack and midfield. Do Prado has 5 in 7, Lambert 3 in 6, and Sharp just the one as well as Lee's 7. Will probably look to shift Sharp when I gain promotion.

In midfield, Iago Falque from Spurs has been fantastic while Lallana's been out, grabbing a free kick and a few other crucial goals. But Lallana's back now, so switching between the two. Then in my midfield three, I've got the likes of Jack Cork, Schneiderlein, Scott Allan and Dean Hammond fighting it out. Really strong squad.

I'm Southampton too, currently in the middle of the 3rd season, sitting 7th just now.

Came 1st in my 1st season and also managed to win the Carling Cup somehow.

Came 14th in my first season in the Premiership.

Current starting 11 is:

GK- Begovic

RB- Jenkinson

CB- C. Dawson

CB- Hanley

LB- Zeigler

DM- N'Zonzi

CM- Henderson

CM- Lallana

RW- Johnson

LW- Moses

ST- Rochina

whats the best championship club to go with some decent money to spend?

been newcastle the last 2 times i've played the game and been the sacked before xmas on both games doh

Get like £2million to start as Blackpool and then they give you another £16million whilst the window is closed and then around £12million in January. They've got £60million or something in the bank. :lol:

Aye Blackpool have got a bit of cash. In my last rangers save, they splashed out on Forrest and Whittingham in the same window for about £10million as well as a few others.

I'd imagine West Ham might have a bit as well.